so tied live

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

so tied live

Postby sytharnia » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:03 pm

never heard this before...ozzy sounds great on it (so does jake too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmgaDTMfJA

Re: so tied live

Postby skezza » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:17 am

it was done at two shows. there are two bootlegs with it on ;), both at leicester in the uk i believe :D
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:11 pm

"I'm So Tired" or "So Tired" is quite a surprising song coming from the OZZY OSBOURNE band: it sorta reminds me of a BEATLE tune w/of course a nice "Mad-Man" twist to it. I bet they were awfully tired doing all those non-stopping Tours... Anyway, the live version sounds great & kept hoping to see the nostalgia picture of Ozzy Osbourne/Jake E. Lee to change as the song "So Tired" went forth but it never did. So I checked out the next vintage clip that came up with OZZY & his band on the hit show SOLID GOLD hosted by fame Vocalist/Star Marilyn McGoo (of the legendary 5th Dimension) in action performing this song/it was priceless a sheer delight to watch Ozzy, Jake, Daisley, Airey & do believe that's Aldridge...'somehow I'd missed out on this episode of Solid Gold 'cause I hardly ever skipped it (my Mom must of took us on Vacation or something...'smile). Anyway, I'd enjoyed it and saw some other intriqueing Classic OZZY/JAKE footage there on the youtube...'but my time was limited to click/and watch ...'well I have to save that for another time. By the way "thanks" for sharing. 8)

Postby skezza » Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:08 pm

lets be honest, if this was soundboard, with ozzy singing so well and jake sounding top class as usual on guitar, i'd easily put this near the top of the best live recordings/performances.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:47 pm

When you think about it, this is really a great song, even if you're forced to remember swinging a cigarette lighter over your head like a monkey, for, like, five minutes! LOL The finished ( recorded) version could have easily been much worse! By no means am I to take anything away from Jake, but I perceive the structure as less a tastefully punctuated composition for piano and strings ensemble, and more of a searing, crunchy lead with a flighty, melodic ballad for rhythm. Something eerily similar to my notion of Randy Rhoad's carefully considered placement of rock guitar.
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:39 am

skezza wrote:lets be honest, if this was soundboard, with ozzy singing so well and jake sounding top class as usual on guitar, i'd easily put this near the top of the best live recordings/performances.
this was recorded by a friend of mine with a mike hidden in his hat behind a feather! Im not kiddin either.
During the show during when Mr Crowley (second song) was played in the intro in a quiet moment you can hear a younger me shout 'OZZY'. I was just behingd the guy recording and chose my moment so I would have it on tape for great memories.

Postby skezza » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:52 am

great story bubbles :) I just wish it had been recorded soundboard. Just imagine how good this would be on a compilation of Great Live Performances. It would be up there with the best! :)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:13 pm

skezza wrote:great story bubbles :) I just wish it had been recorded soundboard. Just imagine how good this would be on a compilation of Great Live Performances. It would be up there with the best! :)
even though it isn't soundboard it still is one of the best sounding Ozzy-Jake boots around 8)
The only thing that lets it down is having Carmine Appice on drums :wink: :lol: imagine if this had been the same band but with Tommy Aldridge hamering way on it 8) I always regret that they never added this song from March 1984 onwards when he was back with the band. :cry:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Just my opinion mind you, but to each our own. Honestly, regardless of the sound quality, this tune is one of Ozzy and Jake's worst. This is the one song on the CD that had to be programmed to skip on my player. Never liked it, never will.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:01 pm

Doobie wrote:Just my opinion mind you, but to each our own. Honestly, regardless of the sound quality, this tune is one of Ozzy and Jake's worst. This is the one song on the CD that had to be programmed to skip on my player. Never liked it, never will.

Ditto that my friend. I like the underrated "Waiting For Darkness" much better. From my understanding this was also the song where while recording the video exploding glass sliced Ozzy's throat. Well, there's always a critic lol.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:56 am

MrScary1971 wrote:
Doobie wrote:Just my opinion mind you, but to each our own. Honestly, regardless of the sound quality, this tune is one of Ozzy and Jake's worst. This is the one song on the CD that had to be programmed to skip on my player. Never liked it, never will.

Ditto that my friend. I like the underrated "Waiting For Darkness" much better. From my understanding this was also the song where while recording the video exploding glass sliced Ozzy's throat. Well, there's always a critic lol.

I can see why you dislike this song but when it was released it was very different to anything Ozzy fans had heard before. And looking back I am pleased that I as at one of the two shows at which they played so tired live. not because its a brilliant song but more because it played less times than any other Ozzy song.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:39 pm

Ditto that my friend. I like the underrated "Waiting For Darkness" much better. From my understanding this was also the song where while recording the video exploding glass sliced Ozzy's throat. Well, there's always a critic lol.[/quote]

I can see why you dislike this song but when it was released it was very different to anything Ozzy fans had heard before. And looking back I am pleased that I as at one of the two shows at which they played so tired live. not because its a brilliant song but more because it played less times than any other Ozzy song.[/quote]

I wouldn't say it was different Bubbles, seeing as Ozzy recorded "Goodbye To Romance" and "Revelation Mother Earth" is a ballad for a majority of the song. Ozzy wasn't averse to ballads especially piano driven ones. I see your point about different songs live as I would love to hear "Over The Mountain", "Diary Of A Madman", "S.A.T.O.", or "You Can't Kill Rock And Roll" into his modern set.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 am

MrScary1971 wrote:Ditto that my friend. I like the underrated "Waiting For Darkness" much better. From my understanding this was also the song where while recording the video exploding glass sliced Ozzy's throat. Well, there's always a critic lol.

I can see why you dislike this song but when it was released it was very different to anything Ozzy fans had heard before. And looking back I am pleased that I as at one of the two shows at which they played so tired live. not because its a brilliant song but more because it played less times than any other Ozzy song.[/quote]

I wouldn't say it was different Bubbles, seeing as Ozzy recorded "Goodbye To Romance" and "Revelation Mother Earth" is a ballad for a majority of the song. Ozzy wasn't averse to ballads especially piano driven ones. I see your point about different songs live as I would love to hear "Over The Mountain", "Diary Of A Madman", "S.A.T.O.", or "You Can't Kill Rock And Roll" into his modern set.[/quote] 'Goodbye to Romance' had been away from the set for a while before 'SoTired' and although you are right when mentioning Ozzy and ballads, it was at this time Ozzy and the band began to re-invent themselves following the loss of Randy.
This was the second phase of that band one of perhaps 5 or 6 phases that this band has seen.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby bubbles » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:37 am

MrScary1971 wrote:Ditto that my friend. I like the underrated "Waiting For Darkness" much better. From my understanding this was also the song where while recording the video exploding glass sliced Ozzy's throat. Well, there's always a critic lol.

I wouldn't say it was different Bubbles, seeing as Ozzy recorded "Goodbye To Romance" and "Revelation Mother Earth" is a ballad for a majority of the song. Ozzy wasn't averse to ballads especially piano driven ones. I see your point about different songs live as I would love to hear "Over The Mountain", "Diary Of A Madman", "S.A.T.O.", or "You Can't Kill Rock And Roll" into his modern set.[/quote] 'Goodbye to Romance' had been away from the set for a while before 'SoTired' and although you are right when mentioning Ozzy and ballads, it was at this time Ozzy and the band began to re-invent themselves following the loss of Randy.
This was the second phase of that band one of perhaps 5 or 6 phases that this band has seen.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:59 am

MrScary1971 wrote:

Total agreement here ... 'Waiting for Darkness' is much the better tune. 8)

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...