Chickenfoot

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Chickenfoot

Postby harddriver » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:00 pm

I picked it up and listened to it a few times and i guess its a good rock CD. Il have to say i was really disapointed though considering whos playing on the CD. That is the danger of the so called "Supergrpoup" situation though and all the expectations that come along with it. Dont get me wrong its a decent album but kina comes off to me as half assed Vanhalen Record with cheesy vocals and guitar played with alot of restraint. Anybody else care to chime in on this one ?

Killer of Giants

Re: Chickenfoot

Postby SDBinNY » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:35 am

I would have to agree with you. All the talent in that band, I was expecting something more solid, almost jaw-dropping, but it was really yawnable.

As much hype as there was about this group, it was a really disappointment.. I really doubt I will buy it based on what I have heard....
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:23 pm

i haven't heard it yet but i am expecting "cheesy vocals" and crap lyrics. Sammy Hager never was good in the lyrics department.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby SDBinNY » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:27 am

They have some youtube stuff posted.
Ace Frehley sucked during his good years, and I can make a beer and BBQ fart in the bathroom sound better than the great percentage of his guitar work! ~ Frethead 6/5/08

All Access Member

Postby cleric » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:37 am

I like the CD, both songs and lyrics.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:11 pm

No I don't have this album...'Chickenfoot my goodness another far-far outthere name! Strange.

Return to Free for all...