Marcel Jacob

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Marcel Jacob

Postby Doobie » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:10 am

From Melodicrock.com:

Marcel Jacob
January 30, 1964 - July 21, 2009

R.I.P.

It seems only too recently I had to sit down and lament the passing of a great musician and reflect upon my own personal relationship with them.

With a sad and heavy heart I find myself back here again – this time pausing to recall the many things I admired about the great bassist Marcel Jacob.
Together with his partner in crime, Jeff Scott Soto, Marcel was the heart and soul of Talisman, Humanimal, the Yngwie Malmsteen Band and in his own right was an integral part of Last Autumn's Dream and a much sort after musician in Sweden.

His passing is a body blow to many that shared his passion for this music and the stand out talent he showed at all times, plus that signature sound he brought to his playing. Few could match his dexterity on that instrument and meeting him face to face and seeing him live with Talisman back in 2003 was a true joy.

Like many that have also passed on, Marcel leaves a monster catalogue of music to remember him by and celebrate his life to. My personal dealings with Marcel have always been an absolute pleasure. He was another one of the good guys, which makes his passing al that more difficult to live with. His involvement on this site's Noticeboard was always met with enthusiasm from fans and his sharp wit shone through.

I know many of his musical brothers are really feeling this loss today, so my best wishes go out to Marcel's family and also his brothers in arms across the world.

Marcel Jacob – may you now find the peace you sought and may your music live on with us still here forever more.

All Access Member

Re: Marcel Jacob

Postby Shadow » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:45 pm

I'm totally surprise w/this tragic news & I didn't know that Bassist musician MARCEL JACOB (he was 8) :P fiery, master talented & fine/cute!) whom I've first seen in the YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN "RISING FORCE" legendary line-up has passed on. :( Oh, my God he is such a beautiful person "sweet-sweet" and is an extraodinary master musician. Marcel Jacobs was awesome not only in YNGWIE band but his own fame band TALISMAN (and have heard of Huanimal, too) w/partner Jeff Scott Soto. Their rocked/those TALISMAN recordings are Classic's. And like Doobie I also had the previlige of meeting Marcel, Jeff, Anders & Jens (all of them nice/I got their autographs on one of my mag's called AARDVARK back then! When I moved from SF to Oakland it got lost..'my heart break) in 1985 when they toured w/YNGWIE In RISING FORCE...'those are some master Classic's too especially "Marching Out" my favorite & I digg all his music works in the phenomenal TALISMAN. Much Heartfelt "condolences" to the Jacob Family. Godbless!

Return to Free for all...