Some good new releases for rock/metal fans lately.

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Some good new releases for rock/metal fans lately.

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:32 am

Has anyone checked out the new Kiss, Megadeth, Alice In Chains, or Ace Frehley yet? All very good in my humble opinion and I really like AIC and Anomaly from Ace. Can't wait for the Oni Logan/George Lynch reunion on Oct 13th with the released of Lynch Mob's Smoke And Mirrors. Great time to be a fan if you ask me. Now if Jake would just record something....hmmm.

PS- Chris Broderick of Megadeth is a beast. Ozzy and Dio get a lot of cred for finding shredders but Dave has an impressive list also. Chris Poland, Marty Friedman, almost Criss Oliva of Savatage, and the new guy Broderick.

Killer of Giants

Re: Some good new releases for rock/metal fans lately.

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:44 am

Don`t forget Jeff Young!

im a big Megadeth fan but i didn't like their new album too much. the last album they did that i liked was Cryptic Writings.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:04 pm

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:Don`t forget Jeff Young!

im a big Megadeth fan but i didn't like their new album too much. the last album they did that i liked was Cryptic Writings.

The story behind them getting Jeff Young was unbelievable. The guitarist at the time couldn't play the stuff Dave was writing because he was too drunk. When it comes time for the guy to record he tells Mustaine I am too wasted to do it but my guitar teacher can play my parts for me. Dave fired the guy and hired Young on the spot lol.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:50 am

The lineup of Ellefson. Friedman . Menza and that one guy was the best lineup that Megadave ever had. And that was the only time that band ever really mattered. Since then then Megadave has had to many lineup changes to even try and make sense of what ever it is he is trying to accomplish. Watching him cry like a girl in " Some Kind of Monster " was the best part of that movie.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:14 am

harddriver wrote:The lineup of Ellefson. Friedman . Menza and that one guy was the best lineup that Megadave ever had. And that was the only time that band ever really mattered. Since then then Megadave has had to many lineup changes to even try and make sense of what ever it is he is trying to accomplish. Watching him cry like a girl in " Some Kind of Monster " was the best part of that movie.

Blasphemy! Mustaine Rooooooools!!!!! :x

although the Rust in Peace lineup was the best. :)
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:38 am

CharvelSuperStrat wrote:
harddriver wrote:The lineup of Ellefson. Friedman . Menza and that one guy was the best lineup that Megadave ever had. And that was the only time that band ever really mattered. Since then then Megadave has had to many lineup changes to even try and make sense of what ever it is he is trying to accomplish. Watching him cry like a girl in " Some Kind of Monster " was the best part of that movie.

Blasphemy! Mustaine Rooooooools!!!!! :x

although the Rust in Peace lineup was the best. :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:44 pm

I turned into the green-eye monster when I think of gettin' that KISS album 'cause all of the origional's are on it except my ACE. So I'm crush with that one but I shouldn't do that pass it up over that for I digg & treasure the other KISS members Paul, Peter & Gene (don't know the person name who took my Ace place & Make-up Trademark)...'and Gene well he is really special to me/I like him although he can be very strict & hard edge/I quess that's due to the Music Industry Business yet deep down...'GENE kept KISS moving, so did PAUL. Much respects & I'm trying not to be a Sauerkrunt about this! As for my ACE FREHLEY I have not yet brought "Anomaly" strange titled/hoped I spelled it right...'it's a great heavy new recording from the Space-Ace legend, you bet I'm gonna get that one and the KISS one, too. Anyway, at least all of them are doing fine & safe and Touring, that's a Blessing. Oh, yeah other new recordings...'hmmm, lets see I just brought IMMORTAL new album "All Shall Fall" and can't wait to listern to their newest chill-bite grooves. I like them, alot! ALICE IN CHAINS I don't have their new album...'that's the one that has a broken Heart on it, so I think about it: they sound awesome/I heard some of their sample music snippets. Interesting. Peace!

Return to Free for all...