Heavy Metal cookbook

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Heavy Metal cookbook

Postby Doobie » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:59 am

THIN LIZZY, URIAH HEEP CONTRIBUTE RECIPES TO 'HELLBENT FOR COOKING: THE HEAVY METAL COOKBOOK':
Members of pioneering heavy rock bands Budgie, Uriah Heep, Pentagram, Thin Lizzy, Warpig, and Sir Lord Baltimore are among the more than a hundred metal bands from over thirty countries who have submitted favorite recipes to "Hellbent For Cooking: The Heavy Metal Cookbook", by Annick "The Morbid Chef" Giroux: www.hellbentforcooking.com.
Scheduled for release on November 24, the first-ever book of recipes for voracious metal appetites will feature ravishing dishes including Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy's Black Rose Jambalaya, Steve Williams of Budgie's Garlic and Coriander King Prawns, Bernie Shaw of Uriah Heep's Ali Baa Baa (Moroccan Lamb), Bobby Liebling of Pentagram's Devilishly Delicious Oriental Chicken Casserole, Dana Snitch of Warpig's Proto Metal Lamb Shanks Braised in Burgundy, original Judas Priest singer Al Atkins' Gray Peas and Bacon, and John Garner of Sir Lord Baltimore's Flounder Filet Oreganato.
The metal feast also includes a special contribution by Philomena Lynott, mother of the late Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy. "This recipe was one of Philip's favorite dinners," she says about her dish — a traditional Irish Sunday Brunch Lamb Roast.
"Hellbent" is a lavish 224-page full-color metal feast by Annick Giroux, feeding voracious appetites with favorite appetizer, beef, pork, lamb, poultry, seafood, vegetarian, dessert, and drink recipes from members of Thin Lizzy, Mayhem, Anthrax, Kreator, Sepultura, Gates Of Slumber, Destruction, Possessed, Obituary, Accept, Doro, Gwar, Toxic Holocaust, Saint Vitus, Amebix, Uriah Heep, Budgie, and many more — over a hundred bands from more than thirty countries, including the U.S., Canada, Germany, France, Pakistan, Malaysia, Japan, Greece, and Brazil. For anyone with a taste for metal, the kitchen gates are open — grab your weapons of mass nutrition and let the feasts begin. Death to false meals!
(from melodicrock.com)

All Access Member

Re: Heavy Metal cookbook

Postby Shadow » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:24 pm

That sounds wickedly delicious and yummy "dark" this "Heavy Metal Cookbook HELLBENT FOR COOKING" By Annick "The Morbid Chef" Giroux revealing all the secrets of "darkly" Heavy Metal Music Artists/Bands: I got to check this out. Cool cover/kind of scary though w/the Morbid Chef with her dinner knife in all/showing off her "cooking-Chef" skills: she knows how to dish up/prepare her passionate meals and don't mess with her domain/her Kitchen either it shows on her serious face. "That DORO Black Forrest Cake sounds mystic delightful. I wouldn't mind having this one for I also have Ms. Coverdale's music Celebrity Cookbook...'it's incrediable how many Master musicians are actually Chefs, too: you have to be if you don't want to always stop at fast-foods on the Roads while Touring and I found it quite surprising that most of the Cooks/Chefs in many of these major bands are their Drummers, then it's the Bassist/Guitarists then lastly it's the Vocalists. smile..'! :o I quess it all depends, too on who is more creative in the Kitchen zone 'cause that's alot of work "prepareing" in all when Cooking.
Anyway, thanks for sharing DOOBIE - I'll definately want to find it and check out their favorite foods and Cooking secrets. 8O :twisted: 8)

Return to Free for all...