Bad Moon Rising

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Bad Moon Rising

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:53 am

Is anyone familiar with this? It's a Doug Aldrich band, so I thought some of you might be.

Image

Secret Loser
User avatar
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: France

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby Hell_Tanner » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:08 pm

I own only one BMR album, Opium For The Masses which I really like. Solid band, great musicians, I've always wanted to hear more from them but previous albums are pretty hard to find. I think they were big in Japan.
Is it a compilation on your pic?
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Denver Co

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby BadSeed » Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:48 pm

Blood is their best cd.Great band, basically out of the ashes of Lion.Kal Swan has a good voice, cool lyrics and Doug is amazing.Cool band

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby Rock » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:06 pm

Yeh great band, do yourself a favor and indulge, as like Badlands was big in Japan, so is BMR. Amazing how alot of western metal/rock bands are big over there.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:44 am

Hell_Tanner wrote:I own only one BMR album, Opium For The Masses which I really like. Solid band, great musicians, I've always wanted to hear more from them but previous albums are pretty hard to find. I think they were big in Japan.
Is it a compilation on your pic?


Yeah, it consist of three out-of-print releases. Aren't you glad that I'm here? DON'T ANSWER THAT! :wink:

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby mrmetal » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:10 am

I have all three and all three rock. Plus, if you really like Doug's riffage, hunt down the Hurricane and Lion releases that feature his outstanding playing.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby mrmetal » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:11 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Aren't you glad that I'm here? DON'T ANSWER THAT! :wink:


We appreciate you bro! :lol:

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:24 pm

mrmetal wrote:I have all three and all three rock. Plus, if you really like Doug's riffage, hunt down the Hurricane and Lion releases that feature his outstanding playing.


I do like to hear Doug play, and I'm in hopes that he'll record with Whitesnake. That is if WS plans on doing anything in the studio!

I'll check out the BMR stuff then, because I'm sure I'll like it. I've read where people have compared it to Badlands and Whitesnake!

Thanks for the kind answer by the way! :wink:

All Access Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: California

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:49 am

Dio wants Doug to quit Whitesnake...

Doug should stay in Snake you got David Coverdale for gods sake, you have Reb Beach (Well i dunno if you like him) on rhythm, you have Uriah Duffy (Hes an unknown), And above all you got TOMMY ALDRIDGE. I dunno what people think of Dio's new drummer but Whitesnake is high class and they got a great live show!

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:23 pm

Dio isn't too shabby there either dude! I have much love for both Dio and the Snake boys. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, both bands could go on tour with each other and share the frickin' players! :-)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby Rock » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:31 pm

RandyRhoadsRules! wrote:I dunno what people think of Dio's new drummer


Dio has a new drummer???? what happened to simon wright??? hes been with him for ages. :?

Secret Loser
User avatar
Posts: 234
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: France

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby Hell_Tanner » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:45 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I'll check out the BMR stuff then, because I'm sure I'll like it. I've read where people have compared it to Badlands and Whitesnake!


I'm sure you'll like "Opium For The Masses", then, very Badlands-ish. I can speak for the other albums though. :?
Formerly known as \"Berseker\"

Tommy Bolin Forum

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:06 am

Rock wrote:
RandyRhoadsRules! wrote:I dunno what people think of Dio's new drummer


Dio has a new drummer???? what happened to simon wright??? hes been with him for ages. :?


I believe he was referring to Simon Wright, but I'm not sure. Maybe Simon is new to him, who knows.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Bad Moon Rising

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:07 am

Hell_Tanner wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:I'll check out the BMR stuff then, because I'm sure I'll like it. I've read where people have compared it to Badlands and Whitesnake!


I'm sure you'll like "Opium For The Masses", then, very Badlands-ish. I can speak for the other albums though. :?


I intend on getting that box set that I pictured above. I came close to buying last year, but I didn't. Dumb decision on my part! :lol:

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests