Teaser with Jake

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Teaser with Jake

Postby julie » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:01 pm

Does anyone have a group picture of Teaser in Ca. ? My husband was the lead singer and I am trying to finish our music wall of photos. We have pitures of the Teaser days but few.

Many thanks

All Access Member

Re: Teaser with Jake

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:13 pm

Julie,

I wish I did, when you get done do you think maybe you could post them here? That would be cool to see Jake in one of his first bands, I know everyone here would appreciate it too.

Ted

Postby julie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:57 pm

We have a great picture of Jake playing but I will have to figure out how to post it along with other picture's of the band. So young and so talented.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 pm

That would be great, I have never seen any pictures of Jake with Teaser, hopefully someone here can help you out as far as how to post it, I wish I could but I don't know if I could post a picture myself, I do good to hang one on the wall much less post one here, lol!!!!!!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:30 pm

I think at one time I saw a really "really" young picture of JAKE playin' with this/his teen band post RATT etc.,. and they were performing live in the back yard grounds. I'm like that looks like Jake E. Lee his just a baby teen in that pic/so so young: the band could have been TEASER (don't know) at one point it was in the JAKE Photo Gallery. Anyway, if you early "special" pics of Jakey/Jake perform be our guest to do so: be nice to see. 8) cheers!

Postby jefnel1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:12 am

Here you go...

"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:58 am

Very cool pic, if it was in the gallery I must have overlooked it (not to surprising, lol!!!!) Would still like to see your pic's to Julie, especially if they are different from this.

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:44 am

Awesome pic, Jef! TY for posting :)
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Happy Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Postby fphilthy » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 am

Julie, that would be so cool to see some pics of Teaser from those days! I remember being at Straita Head Sound almost every weekend when those guys were playing there. I sometimes wonder what Timmy, Gene and Sterling are up to these days? and of couse, Jake too! If you have any other info you care to share about these guys, I hope you let us know. We look forward to any pics or stories you have to share. pHiL, San Diego, CA

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Just read an very good interview with Craig Goldy (Rough Cutt, Dio, Giuffria), he said he used to go see Jake and Teaser in San Diego and that Jake's playing was just "mind-blowing", even back then. I'll quote Craig here, he said that Jake, "scared the living sh@# out of me". Can't remember the site, it was on about search page 20 of my goggle search for "Jake e. Lee's guitar". I also saw a post on there were it asked about best Gibson SG players, one person posted "Jake E. Lee when he was in Rough Cutt, he got more sounds out of that junior than you could imagine". I would love to find more info on Jake's "pre-Ozzy" days, I would also like to hear the Dio demos that have Jake on them, supposedly they do exist.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Wow, that is just "lovely' vintage-teaser treasure photo of JAKE's early Rock band TEASER: they 8) look sharp and handsomely hip :!: Check out the admission price to the show back then $3.00...'that was the life and you got an hellavue/hip show, too! :) Awesome, thanks for sharing...'their so fresh/young, just baby-teens.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 pm

Thanx for sharing that picture, Jeff!

I didn't notice the price of admission 'til you pointed it out, Shadow! Pretty cool...back when life was cheap! I actually was looking on the Led Zeppelin website & they have some old (of course! lol) concert tickets. The most expensive one I saw was for $11.50!
I'm not suffering from my addiction to Jake E. Lee - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

Postby julie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Well Sterling and I are digging up some photos of the Teaser days and will get them done as soon as we get some help on how to post them - some great ones of Jake. Possibly next weekend. Sterling has said this was the best band he has ever been in and is still singing to this day in the Dallas/Fort Worth area in Texas. If anyone would like to see Sterling (which is second from the right in the Teaser photo that Jeff was so kind to post) you may go to www.myspace.com/gypsyvodoo. He is the singer with the gray short hair...lol. We believe that Gene Hunter the bass player has tracks of the Teaser days and will try to see if he would be so kind to share. As for the drummer Tim not sure where he may be. Been along time since Sterling has spoke to the band but always lights up when we talk about the old days.

Postby julie » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:42 pm

My error Sterling is the 2nd from the left in the Teaser photo.

Postby juano » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:04 am

tedeeoo wrote:Just read an very good interview with Craig Goldy (Rough Cutt, Dio, Giuffria), he said he used to go see Jake and Teaser in San Diego and that Jake's playing was just "mind-blowing", even back then. I'll quote Craig here, he said that Jake, "scared the living sh@# out of me". Can't remember the site, it was on about search page 20 of my goggle search for "Jake e. Lee's guitar". I also saw a post on there were it asked about best Gibson SG players, one person posted "Jake E. Lee when he was in Rough Cutt, he got more sounds out of that junior than you could imagine". I would love to find more info on Jake's "pre-Ozzy" days, I would also like to hear the Dio demos that have Jake on them, supposedly they do exist.

I wonder if this is the interview you were thinking of:
http://fullinbloommusic.com/craig_goldy ... ffria.html

There are two parts, this is part one. I found part one to be kind of boring. Part 2 was a lot better.

Gene Hunter the bass player is next to Jake in that photo. Gene also played in an early version of Ratt. Gene was also involved in the artwork for the cover Dio's Holy Diver.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...