New music thread

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

New music thread

Postby Doobie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:39 am

This sounds verrrrrry strange.
(As posted on Melodicrock.com)

ROCK SUGAR SET TO ROCK YOUR WORLD:
Time to put a smile on your face. The momentum behind this new band has been growing since day 1. A project 20 years in the making, Los Angeles rock n roll band Rock Sugar features Loud & Clear's Jess Harnell (Vocals), Chuck Duran (Guitars & Vocals) and Alex Track - Drums & Vocals. Johnny Five rounds out the band on Bass & Vocals.
Just what is Rock Sugar? It's great songs like you've never heard them before with the attitude of seasoned veterans of the scene, overflowing with energy and bursting through your speakers, like all good hard rock should.

The band take nearly 30 classic pop and hard rock tracks and mesh them into a sensational 13 tracks, which make the debut album Reimaginator.
The track listing is (with original artists in brackets): Don't Stop The Sandman (Journey & Metallica); We Will Kickstart Your Rhapsody (Queen & Motley Crue); Crazy Girl (Ozzy Osbourne & Rick Springfield); Voices In The Jungle (Guns N Roses & Til Tuesday); Here Comes The Fool You Wanted (Eurythmics, Cinderella & Bon Jovi); Shook Me Like A Prayer (AC/DC & Madonna); Straight To Rock City (Kiss & Paula Abdul); Prayin' For A Sweet Weekend (Loverboy, Guns N Roses & Bon Jovi); Heaven And Heaven (Bryan Adams & Warrant); Breakin' The Love (Judas Priest & 10CC); I Love Sugar On Me (Def Leppard & Joan Jett); Round And Separated (Ratt & Journey); Dreaming Of A Whole Lotta Breakfast (Aerosmith, Supertramp & Led Zeppelin).

But you seriously have to hear it to believe it. The debut single has a cool video you can view at YouTube: Don't Stop The Sandman.
And here are no less than 5 more fine samples to check out. Purchase the album now at: www.rocksugarband.com.

Killer of Giants

Re: New music thread

Postby Doobie » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:40 am

SLASH SOLO AND WITH GUITAR CENTER:
Superstar guitarist Slash (Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver) will release his first real solo album Slash in April. The CD will feature 13 tracks and 13 vocalists - as follows: 01 - Ghost (Ian Astbury), 02 - Beautiful Dangerous (Fergie), 03 - Nothing To Say (M. Shadows), 04 - Crucify The Dead (Ozzy Osbourne), 05 - Promise (Chris Cornell), 06 - By The Sword (Andrew Stockdale), 07 - Doctor Alibi (Lemmy Kilmister), 08 - Saint Is A Sinner Too (Rocco De Luca), 09 - Watch This (Dave Grohl/Duff McKagan), 10 - I Hold On (Kid Rock), 11 - Gotten (Adam Levine), 12 - We're All Gonna Die (Iggy Pop), 13 - Starlight (Myles Kennedy).

In related news -
Continuing its support of aspiring artists, Guitar Center (www.guitarcenter.com), the world's largest musical instrument retailer, announced Guitar Center Presents Your Next Record with Slash a first-of-its-kind, unsigned band competition that provides emerging artists the chance to win the ultimate career-altering opportunity: record a 3-song EP with legendary producer, Mike Clink (Guns N' Roses, Mötley Crüe, Megadeth) and have Slash write, record and perform on the winning artists' single. Starting today, through April 30th, 2010 bands across the United States are invited to submit their music at YourNextRecord.com for a chance to win the aforementioned prize package, which also includes:
A management development deal with "The Collective" (Linkin Park, Slash, Avenged Sevenfold) ·Feature of winning artists' single on iTunes ·Worldwide distribution of winning artists' music through Tunecore ·$10,000 Guitar Center Shopping Spree ·New gear and endorsement deals from Ernie Ball Music Man ·An opening slot on Slash's Monster Energy Bash ·An editorial feature on the winning band in Guitar World Magazine.
A Guitar Center Presents Your Next Record with Slash teaser can be viewed here at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWOluHHoccE.
"The formula that used to work for discovering new artists has been decimated and the opportunities for really talented bands to be heard is extremely limited," said Slash. "That's why it's so important to me and Guitar Center to provide a situation where new talent can be discovered. This is an incredibly interesting way to find and help launch a really great band that hasn't been able to get their foot in the door otherwise."

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:57 pm

Sounds "awesomely" wonderful...'I definately will look into their 'Site ROCK SUGAR Band and SLASH, too. I just a little bit confuse w/one of the musician's name above is Johnny 5 the same as JOHN 5....'I hope that doesn't sound silly. I like JOHN 5, alot his in ROB ZOMBIE's Band...'and I digg ZOMBIE too of course. I wouldn't mind buying ZOMBIE's new album but I must admit it is a "shocker" the Cover-Art & that "Bubblegum" song: I'm like huh?!? But I definately want to buy H.I.M "Screamworks" I luv the new song: can't wait to purchase that one. Peace! HAPPY Valentine's everyone! 8)

Postby donaldjeo » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. I like your work and would love to send this page to my friends so they can read more about windows 7 exam with my friend. i like to see more post form you on the same way as you have done in past and love to visit you again with hosting reseller. keep working like this.... Have a wonderful time.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 am

I am getting it on in my fkn pants right now, grrrrrrrrrrrrr :P

Return to Free for all...