Badlands 1st CD

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: San Diego

Badlands 1st CD

Postby juano » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:02 am

It is finally time to replace my old worn out cassette with the CD.

Is there any difference between the Atlantic/WEA and the Koch Records versions?

Any difference in sound?

Any difference in packaging, liner notes, photos?

Do they both contain the bonus song "Ball & Chain"?

Thanks
John

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Dallas, PA USA

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby Highwire » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:56 am

I have the Koch version (found it brand new in my local record store last year :D ). It was released in 2001, and it does have "Ball & Chain". The liner notes cover the entire band historyup to 1994. It doesn't say anything about the tracks being re-mastered, but there is a "Re-issue Producer" credit at the end of the original album credits. Underneath the CD tray there's an ad for Koch records with an 800 # to call. I called to see if they were doing anything with "Voodoo Highway" and the guy I spoke to said they don't even make the 1st CD anymore :cry:
"I could swear I heard the darkness call my name..."
Devil's Stomp

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby stratattack » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:01 am

I think both the first and second CD'S are in Missprint now gotta love atlantic.
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:58 am

Juano, here's some advice. If you can grab anything of Badland's in decent shape, grab it!

On another note, you can buy the Dusk CD, brand new at the following two websites.

www.impulsemusic.com

and

www.nehrecords.com

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby Shadow » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:37 pm

I wouldn'ti mind seeing some BADLANDS vintage treasures being re-issue with a Bonus track or 3 w/rare photos in all! I'm sure there's plenty unheard gritty tracks that the Bad-Squad boys BADLANDS still have in the vault & the Leader Jake E. Lee I'm sure is so eager to share that music History with his fans. I really liked the song "Badland" alot/very solid groove and "Time Goes By and I Want to Live W/You" are all great songs and would like to see them release with other rarities Badlands gritty-treasure song pieces. :D

Impulse Records is a "great" on line shoping Website and pleased that I've found them along time ago through an Advertisment in the Classic Metal Edge magazines. Peace!

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:29 pm

Shadow wrote:I wouldn'ti mind seeing some BADLANDS vintage treasures being re-issue with a Bonus track or 3 w/rare photos in all! I'm sure there's plenty unheard gritty tracks that the Bad-Squad boys BADLANDS still have in the vault & the Leader Jake E. Lee I'm sure is so eager to share that music History with his fans. I really liked the song "Badland" alot/very solid groove and "Time Goes By and I Want to Live W/You" are all great songs and would like to see them release with other rarities Badlands gritty-treasure song pieces. :D

Impulse Records is a "great" on line shoping Website and pleased that I've found them along time ago through an Advertisment in the Classic Metal Edge magazines. Peace!


I agree. I love both Time Goes By and Bandlands! There could be a stellar re-issue package of all three discs plus bonus tracks if done right! Maybe one day we'll see that happen.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby MetalHead » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:59 pm

me dreams of a Badlands box ... the 3 CD's + DVD's of old liveperformances :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:11 am

MetalHead wrote:me dreams of a Badlands box ... the 3 CD's + DVD's of old liveperformances :twisted:


I second that motion!

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby Thajan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:03 am

I haven't found any Badland cd's anywhere.... :x
Because of that I was forced to download everything, sure it's free but I dont think it's fair towards Jake...
Does anybody know where to find Badlands cd's in europe for a reasonable price?

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:20 am

Thajan wrote:I haven't found any Badland cd's anywhere.... :x
Because of that I was forced to download everything, sure it's free but I dont think it's fair towards Jake...
Does anybody know where to find Badlands cd's in europe for a reasonable price?


The only places you can purchase the self titled and Voodoo Highway is from Amazon, Ebay, or maybe other used music sites. If you'll notice my post above, you can still purchase the third effort, Dusk, from www.nehrecords.com for a very resonable price. The Dusk CD is essential just like the first two efforts.

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby Thajan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:07 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Thajan wrote:I haven't found any Badland cd's anywhere.... :x
Because of that I was forced to download everything, sure it's free but I dont think it's fair towards Jake...
Does anybody know where to find Badlands cd's in europe for a reasonable price?


The only places you can purchase the self titled and Voodoo Highway is from Amazon, Ebay, or maybe other used music sites. If you'll notice my post above, you can still purchase the third effort, Dusk, from www.nehrecords.com for a very resonable price. The Dusk CD is essential just like the first two efforts.

Thanks for the info, I have checked with the german Amazon but some badlands cds go over 60 (!) euro's (almost the same in dollars) 8O

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:24 pm

Thajan wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Thajan wrote:I haven't found any Badland cd's anywhere.... :x
Because of that I was forced to download everything, sure it's free but I dont think it's fair towards Jake...
Does anybody know where to find Badlands cd's in europe for a reasonable price?


The only places you can purchase the self titled and Voodoo Highway is from Amazon, Ebay, or maybe other used music sites. If you'll notice my post above, you can still purchase the third effort, Dusk, from www.nehrecords.com for a very resonable price. The Dusk CD is essential just like the first two efforts.

Thanks for the info, I have checked with the german Amazon but some badlands cds go over 60 (!) euro's (almost the same in dollars) 8O


Yep, I didn't say they were cheap! :lol:

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby stratattack » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:21 am

you could try Ebay but use caution the last time I bought a record (A real Vynol one) I got hosed the records was cracked and I spent over 200 on it . it was the white album
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby Thajan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:35 am

stratattack wrote:you could try Ebay but use caution the last time I bought a record (A real Vynol one) I got hosed the records was cracked and I spent over 200 on it . it was the white album

Nah I got bad experieces with E-bay so I think I will try amazon

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Badlands 1st CD

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:27 pm

I hate EBAY! That's why I push these private music sites on here when I can.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest