Badlands story published at Blurt magazine this week

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Badlands story published at Blurt magazine this week

Postby FMills » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:01 am

Hi everyone - We posted Rev. Keith's awesome appreciation of Badlands and the first two album reissues yesterday at Blurt. Hope you enjoy, and here is the link. - FM

http://blurt-online.com/features/view/815/

Killer of Giants

Re: Badlands story published at Blurt magazine this week

Postby Doobie » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:12 am

VERY well written. Thanks for sharing! "Lee's fretwork here is simply unbelievable, a pissed-off serpent that blindly strikes at anything within range while Gillen's black cat moan rides high above the fracas". Love it!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks for the link. That was an amazing read! The writer reminded me of Shadow!

Seriously though, is there any way to get a hold of the 16 page liner note? It seems to be an interesting read and might tell the whole story of Badlands
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Postby Fretman » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:02 pm

Good read.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:53 pm

... JUST LOADS OF WORDS AND VERY WELL KNOWN FACTS -SORRY! :(

All Access Member

Postby oleander » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Ah, c'mon Alfamy, ya know ya loved it really!! :P

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:48 pm

Yeah it was so well known that Jake and Ray wanted Eric Singer out and Greg Chaisson stood up for him (sarcasm off)
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:57 pm

Anim8 wrote:... JUST LOADS OF WORDS AND VERY WELL KNOWN FACTS -SORRY! :(

gee imagine having no new dirt to air 20 years after the fact :roll: ......it is a brief bio and then review of 2 classic albums so not really aimed at long time fans who need to know what undies jake wore during his time in badlands

vinces says hi by the way :idea:

All Access Member

Postby Shemp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:58 am

Very cool stuff. Thanks so much. It's a shame they didn't make it alot bigger. I take it that album" Dusk" are the Demos from the ill fated lablel switch. I love Dusk's stipped down feeling with no overdubes, and Jakes guitar tone a little on the weak side as far as distortion. Some tracks sounds like he's using a strat. Definately a single coil pickup on some songs. Can't belive they wanted Singer out. He is a monster drummer. I always thought he left because he was offered the Kiss gig. It was good to see Badlands get some praise!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 pm

I am amazed how many people i talk to in other music forums do not know that "Dusk" even exists. I like Dusk better than VH but the first album is amazing. It is definitely in my TOP 10 all-time.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:31 pm

sytharnia wrote:
Anim8 wrote:... JUST LOADS OF WORDS AND VERY WELL KNOWN FACTS -SORRY! :(

gee imagine having no new dirt to air 20 years after the fact :roll: ......it is a brief bio and then review of 2 classic albums so not really aimed at long time fans who need to know what undies jake wore during his time in badlands
vinces says hi by the way
:idea:

WELL, IF I RESET MYSELF TO ZERO I WOULD B PRETTY ANNOYED LEAVING MYSELF INTO THE IMPRESSION OF ANOTHER LEDZEP-GNR,ETC-MIX COPY AND ONLY ALOT OF ''FUNNY'' WORDS ABOUT IN THIS ARTICLE. SURE, MORE AMUSING FOR THE AUTHOR IN WRITING IT + FRIEND ...LOOKS MORE LIKE ''I PROBABLY WILL GET GOOD GRADES FROM MY ENGLISH TEACHER''i.e. AN ESSAY FROM HIGHSCHOOL
AND HERE YOU GOTTO KNOW ABOUT BADLAND WHEN READING IT imo

YEAH I AGREE SIR SCARY :ABOUT DUSK , IT ISNT A WORD ABOUT IT -WHAT ABOUT THE BACKGROUND OF ITS RECORDING IT WAS A DIIIDDLI-DEMO AND ALTOGETHER WAS PLAYED/RECORDED IN ONE-SHOT FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS IN THE STUDIO AND SENT TO ATLANTIC THE NEXT DAY..

V.N IS OUT :x

Ultimate Sinner

Postby nata115 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:01 am

Awsome band was.... ounly I can say...

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 pm

I actually thought it was a good read and it just reafirms that this band could of and should of been a hell of alot bigger.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm no way near writting like a Journalist :? ...'he was pretty clever in his feature story on BADLANDS this Rev. Keith guy but sometimes felt he was hard on them, also. But everyall it was an alright feature on a extremely talented Raw-Blues energy band that Debut album should of went Gold! DUSK and Voodoo Highway are gems as well. :wink: peace.
LouZ wrote:Thanks for the link. That was an amazing read! The writer reminded me of Shadow!

Seriously though, is there any way to get a hold of the 16 page liner note? It seems to be an interesting read and might tell the whole story of Badlands

Return to All things Jake E Lee...