Can You Believe This?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Can You Believe This?

Postby Shemp » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:48 pm

I was in my local grocery store a big chain Krogers and I hear "Shot in the Dark!!!" I was like wow! You usally hear tame music in those stores. I was like Jake E Lee in Krogers it doesn't get better than that!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Can You Believe This?

Postby Anim8 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:52 pm

NO.....

Postby SRV43 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:10 am

I heard "Aces High" the other day in Home Depot.........I'm getting old. :?
Jake E. Lee = criminally underrated guitar player.

Postby jefnel1 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:08 am

The thing that cracked me was hearing Judas Priest in the ad for the new Honda mini van! Damn I'm old!
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Jake67 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:12 am

We're not old... we chose to like music that stands the test of time... that was made by people who knew how to play instruments and be creative. And music that was mostly made not for the intent of being the flavor of the month.

In fact, it's "old" people like us who are in these marketing positions to be aware these great songs exist and use them in the first place. (Although personally I don't like my favorite songs getting linked to ads in my head.)

Right now my 10 year old son is in his room learning to play the bass line for Heart of the Sunrise by Yes. For guitar, he's working on Still Got The Blues by Gary Moore.

He's not going to learn anywhere near as much (musically speaking) paying attention to the music that passes for popular these days.

Long live the "old" music and us "old" farts that still like it.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:50 am

Jake67 wrote:.. we chose to like music that stands the test of time... that was made by people who knew how to play instruments and be creative.

20 years from now they will still be playing "our" music. The crap that's been put out in the last 20 years didn't warrant longevity.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Doobie wrote:
Jake67 wrote:.. we chose to like music that stands the test of time... that was made by people who knew how to play instruments and be creative.

20 years from now they will still be playing "our" music. The crap that's been put out in the last 20 years didn't warrant longevity.

Very true, and also look at what the kids were playing on Guitar Hero and Rockband. They were exposed to Iron Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, Ozzy, Metallica, Megadeth, Scorpions, and absolutely loved it. I had nieces and nephews laughing at me before they got to play the songs. After that they all said "Wow, your music was awesome!".

Ultimate Sinner

Postby dillivered » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Look @ crazy train and we will rock you @ the sporting events... I children say our music was more diverse and interesting (70s - 80s)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:07 pm

I like Tommy James - "Drawing the Line" and the Raspberries - "Let Me Go All the Way" I think that's the title, great song. And when I get really done and out well I like reading legendary Musician/Poet Gordon Lightfoot poems. He was amazing, like him alot.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:09 pm

That's "Dragging the Line" by Tommy James. Love that song...was surprise to hear it in the Grocery Market when shopping...'brought back alot of great memories. The 60's and 70's had incrediable Classics and the youth were amazing/brilliant people!!! 8O :D
Shadow wrote:I like Tommy James - "Drawing the Line" and the Raspberries - "Let Me Go All the Way" I think that's the title, great song. And when I get really done and out well I like reading legendary Musician/Poet Gordon Lightfoot poems. He was amazing, like him alot.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...