jake e lee whitey model

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:39 am

jake e lee whitey model

Postby raker » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:21 am

does anybody no what happened to jake's original whitey guitar or know where it ended up ?(this country or far east ) And does anybody know how many charvel jake custom models there maybe out there . As I may have found somebody selling the original or probably a fake , it looks pretty faded almost a tan look with cigarette burns on the stock as well .

Ultimate Sinner
User avatar
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:43 pm
Location: Pfäffikon , Gsteig, Ötikon- CH

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby Allfyve » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:35 am

raker wrote: As I may have found somebody selling the original or probably a fake , it looks pretty faded almost a tan look with cigarette burns on the stock as well .


:?: WHERE IS THAT LINK /NAME OF somebody ,,,,,,,

All Access Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:39 am

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby raker » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:49 pm

go to yahoo japan auction site put jake e lee in search and it should come up..

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby Shadow » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:36 pm

Another gem beauty-treasure Jake E. Lee's Whitey-ESP (or could be an Charvel) guitar...'I sincerely hope it's in a good place & ownership. That's a really cool looking Classic guitar. As is the B/W Charvel-Jackson Classic guitars that were made for JAKE E. LEE for all his Rebel master playing in OZZY's band and his own BADLANDS & WICKED ALLIANCE and his Solo projects. All the guitar instruments JAKE jammed on are solid and he truelly put his all into the music when hitted the stage and in the recording Studio. "A Fine Pink Mist" that's a pretty cool looking Sci-fi ESP green guitar Mr. Lee used on his debut Solo project...'JAKE trailblazed on that album, too!!! 8) :twisted: :o

All Access Member
Posts: 243
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Dayton, OH

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby dave1021 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:09 pm

Its a good copy. It's got the bullet truss rod and the hardware look right. The neck has a 4 bolt neck joint and Jake's has a 3 bolt joint. ( Just like a 74 should) Cool guitar though. Would have liked the site more if I could read Japanese.
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

Ultimate Sinner
User avatar
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:43 pm
Location: Pfäffikon , Gsteig, Ötikon- CH

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby Allfyve » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:02 pm

raker wrote:go to yahoo japan auction site put jake e lee in search and it should come up..



[center]
http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b123838377#enlargeimg


,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,[/center]

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby MetalHead » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:07 am

definately not the original, but cool nonetheless :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Espana

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:34 pm

What people don't know about the "whitey" guitar is that it was originally Clapton's "blackie", and what people don't know about blackie is that blackie is not a Fender, but a Hohner Stimson Deluxe. Originally, it featured an Opal licensed Bigsby knockoff whammy, but this was replaced with an authentic fender bridge when Clapton endorsed Fenders in the early 70s. Eventually this guitar was sold to a roadie with The Little River Band who eventually sold it to a local San Diego music store which then sold it to Jake. By this point blackie had been modified with a woodblock to fill in the trem spring slot and a hard tail brass bridge. It also had been sanded down for a wood finish, and had a mirror pickguard made from the rear view mirror array of a Mack truck. But then blackie, now called Sandy, would be further modified in the years to come by Charvel in San Dimas by Phil S. Preston, Esq and T. Theodor Logan, Sr. Whitey was further modified by Rufus, a man from the future with an odd resemblance to a famous 20th century comic, and is believe to have time-altering properties due to it's pickup array of SDS-1s and a Duncan JB. One of these properties being that any music made on it would be timeless. Today whitey resides at the Smithsonian Rock and Roll Institute in the year 2584, in Cleavland, Ohio.
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: auckland new zealand

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby sytharnia » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Fedaykin wrote:What people don't know about the "whitey" guitar is that it was originally Clapton's "blackie", and what people don't know about blackie is that blackie is not a Fender, but a Hohner Stimson Deluxe. Originally, it featured an Opal licensed Bigsby knockoff whammy, but this was replaced with an authentic fender bridge when Clapton endorsed Fenders in the early 70s. Eventually this guitar was sold to a roadie with The Little River Band who eventually sold it to a local San Diego music store which then sold it to Jake. By this point blackie had been modified with a woodblock to fill in the trem spring slot and a hard tail brass bridge. It also had been sanded down for a wood finish, and had a mirror pickguard made from the rear view mirror array of a Mack truck. But then blackie, now called Sandy, would be further modified in the years to come by Charvel in San Dimas by Phil S. Preston, Esq and T. Theodor Logan, Sr. Whitey was further modified by Rufus, a man from the future with an odd resemblance to a famous 20th century comic, and is believe to have time-altering properties due to it's pickup array of SDS-1s and a Duncan JB. One of these properties being that any music made on it would be timeless. Today whitey resides at the Smithsonian Rock and Roll Institute in the year 2584, in Cleavland, Ohio.


can you provide some evidence/links to this story, because I haven't heard that before

Newbie
User avatar
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 am
Location: BOSTON,MA

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby SRV43 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:54 pm

THat is the funniest piece of historical bs I've every heard!!! It explains a lot, thank you my friend!!! :lol:
Jake E. Lee = criminally underrated guitar player.

Newbie
User avatar
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 am
Location: BOSTON,MA

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby SRV43 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:55 pm

THat is the funniest piece of historical bs I've every heard!!! It explains a lot, thank you my friend!!! :lol:
Jake E. Lee = criminally underrated guitar player.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby Rock » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:58 am

ahaha another funny story

Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:26 am

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby Arnald Gifford » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:27 am

raker wrote:does anybody no what happened to jake's original whitey guitar or know where it ended up ?(this country or far east ) And does anybody know how many charvel jake custom models there maybe out there . As I may have found somebody selling the original or probably a fake , it looks pretty faded almost a tan look with cigarette burns on the stock as well .

Hello raker, I have usually been an outside person; bicycle making, likely up the windsurfing, going up the, etc. I keep in thoughts decades ago, my older season in additional school, generating my motorcycle and seeing the plenty of smoking builds up by the decreases at the quit illumination. The perspective created me fed up. After a conversation with a other car owner, I determined that I would not be resulting in the pollution on the part of the roads. Really, what is the difference between a smoking butt and a 50 qt. bag of trash? SIZE! Since that period, I have to say that I can't keep in thoughts throwing my smoking develops on the ground and creating them for someone else to clean up.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby Moose6 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:33 pm

What in the world is Arnald talking about. Sounds about 5 short of a 6-pack.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: auckland new zealand

Re: jake e lee whitey model

Postby sytharnia » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:00 pm

Moose6 wrote:What in the world is Arnald talking about. Sounds about 5 short of a 6-pack.


bot maybe??

jake still has whitey .... the words come out of his mouth in one of the vids about the new sign model...can't be bothered finding a link but search and you will find :D

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest