Does anyone know what brand of strings Jake uses or used?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Does anyone know what brand of strings Jake uses or used?

Postby Fedaykin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:44 am

I've been wondering for a long time what string brand Jake used or uses now. I always thought GHS Boomers, as he had a very bright sound, but that could also be due to the stop bridges he used on strat type guitars. I know he used 10 guage. Anyone know? Thanks!
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

All Access Member

Re: Does anyone know what brand of strings Jake uses or used

Postby Shadow » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 pm

You might want to check out the "Gear Specs and Equipment" section on the HOME page under Information & hopefully it's mentioned there what kind of guitar strings Mr. Jake E. Lee uses. Other then that I havn't a clear due to I don't play the guitar and don't know nothing about gear guitar stuff. Good luck! :)

Secret Loser

Re: Does anyone know what brand of strings Jake uses or used?

Postby Fedaykin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:35 pm

I have checked gear and specs many times and could not find it. I am guessing GHS strings but who knows. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Maybe Jake uses piano strings to get a heavy sound. After all, he is the guitar ninja from a big Sicilian family.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Sicilian? I thought you said he was from Hungary? 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:13 pm

Jaques Eilee is the greatest guitar player ever to come out of the Burgundy region of France.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:00 pm

Fedaykin wrote:Maybe Jake uses piano strings to get a heavy sound. After all, he is the guitar ninja from a big Sicilian family.

:lol: yeah i think you pretty right that Jake have been using very heavy strings bcuz hes a masochist in music AND so being into a senior conservatory in the age of 12 for classic piano . The reason he has piano strings becuz Jake wasn't allowed for his parents to deal with either rock or pop, so when his piano was to be re-stringed he pretended to put the old strings in the garbagebin. But as he used to borrow his sissters guitar,secretly, he asked for permission of his sister to restring her acoustic guitar.. but what she didnt know he changed it to piano strings ....

btw whats about italy :roll: i dont think there are any italian connection in his family-tree...at least on his mothers side he comes from a samurai line 400yrs ago in 2001

:!:

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:12 am

I thought he was French. He always wore a beret offstage and hung out in cafes on the left bank of Paris.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:33 am

Fedaykin wrote:I thought he was French. He always wore a beret offstage and hung out in cafes on the left bank of Paris.

Hahahahaha

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Jaques Elysee, the great French guitar player, also gave a lot of style to Johnny Halliday. I remember seeing him in concert at the Montreaux festival in '77, the Journal d'un Fou (Diary of a Madman) tour, as the headliner. Jaques did a great solo during the song Whole Lotta Shakin'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AskPnkxVTcc

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:30 pm

Rock wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:I thought he was French. He always wore a beret offstage and hung out in cafes on the left bank of Paris.

Hahahahaha

The French can fuck up anything. They can take the coolness out of ice.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:26 pm

DOUU maybe you think i was kidding with my story :D yeah, but only about the pianostrings on the ac.guitar :wink: hähähä

yeheyeh all frenchys are wearing berets,,, i guess u watched the National Lampoon's European Vacation so remember people of every nationality behaves like they do in that film

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:27 pm

Fedaykin wrote:
Rock wrote:

Hahahahaha

The French can fuck up anything. They can take the coolness out of ice.

Of course, I am talking about Johnny Halliday, not the great Jaques Elysee.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...