Jake mentioned in new Mike Judge movie!

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Jake mentioned in new Mike Judge movie!

Postby seasons » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:16 pm

A friend of mine just called on the way home from the movies and told me that Jake is mentioned in a new major motion picture staring Ben Affleck. It was made by the guy who did the Beavis and Butthead show. Evidently they are talking about Pat Metheny (I think) and someone in the movie says "Yeah, he's the Jake E Lee of Jazz"!! It's a little thing, but pretty huge for him to be mentioned like that. Very cool!
Just thought I'd share.

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake mentioned in new Mike Judge movie!

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:06 am

"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:14 pm

YEP! Sorry, I should have listed the name. But yeah, it's 'Extract'.

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:23 am

cool I'm gonna see it then. i love mike judge movies anyway.
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Postby lala » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:22 pm

that was flippin sweet! and not just cos they mentioned Jake.

who the heck is Pat Metheny though?

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 pm

Dude, he's the Jake E Lee of Jazz, that's who Pat Metheny is!!!

Sweet, thanks for the link LALA!

Warning though, I heard the movie was not very good, aside from the Jake part (and the very hot female star).

Killer of Giants

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 am

i dunno the last mike judge movie i saw Idiocracy was good.

"you're dad will love these humbuckings!" haha

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:51 pm

Oh, my God that was priceless - totally blown away when they mentioned in the movie script "Extranct" two very highly Master guitarists names/JAKE E. LEE & PAT METHANEY in this EXTRANCT Movie. It was surreal & very "funny" when the girl just stold the guitar right under their noses. Their in mega hot water/the Sales people a priceless fussion Jake E. Lee/Pat Methaney guitar stolen: my heart goes out to the Sales guys...'great clip there & thanks for sharing. I definately shall check it out for DVD rental 'cause it was on the big screen for sure either this Spring or Summer of '09. Sorry, I missed out on that would have loved to have seened it when it first came out...'that was just priceless scene, freakin' hilarious! That girl just walked out of the "store" with a masterpiece of a JAKE & PAT fussion Guitar in her hands! Awesome & a big "thank-you" to filmmaker MIKE JUDGE for having the guts/integrity to mentioned a very special Master musicians/guitarists Jake E. Lee and Pat Methaney in his hit Movie "Extranct" that also has fame Actor Jason Bateman in it. Thanks for sharing...'I loved it!!! :o 8O :twisted:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby DemonAGoGo » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:10 am

All Access Member

Postby snowden7772 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:37 pm

DemonAGoGo wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euq3eFIPXl0&feature=player_embedded#

Thats cool,Jackie from that 70s show swipes that shit quick.I think I will watch this one,thanks for sharing.

All Access Member

Postby Astrid » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:17 am

The shorter, dark-haired guy is Hal Sparks. I've seen his live standup several times and he's always on the I Love the 80s, 90s, and similar shows on VH1 doing commentary. One of the funniest comedians ever. Last time I saw him I couldn't stop laughing and my stomach muscles ached when I got up to leave!

A

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:03 pm

seasons wrote:A friend of mine just called on the way home from the movies and told me that Jake is mentioned in a new major motion picture staring Ben Affleck. It was made by the guy who did the Beavis and Butthead show. Evidently they are talking about Pat Metheny (I think) and someone in the movie says "Yeah, he's the Jake E Lee of Jazz"!! It's a little thing, but pretty huge for him to be mentioned like that. Very cool!
Just thought I'd share.

Wow. I'm gonna have to see that! I love it that Jake gets some mention in pop culture. He's a significant guitar player, and obviously Judge is very familiar with metal. This will make people wonder, "Who's Pat Metheny? Who's Jake E. Lee?" And all they have to do nowadays is google it. That kicks ass.
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:04 pm

Crap. Got here to late and missed the clip.... bummer.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:33 pm

mrmetal wrote:Crap. Got here to late and missed the clip.... bummer.

It's a great clip Mr. Metal to the movie EXTRACT although I've not seen it on the big screen when it was release some yrs back. I had clicked on the link above & the Web "server" is s-l-o-w, I mean slow (so the computer's here on Campus are acting up now)...'just my luck. I would of liked to have seen the film clip again. Funnny, funny funny...'that girl, she was in the movie w/Denzel Washington ELI great movie by the way, any way she stold the guitar that the Guitar/Sale's Clerk was demonstating on: showing the qualities of the instrument in all and all the while she was thinking of stealing it. Well all I can say she knows a ruby-gem guitar (it's beauty) when she see's one. Cool script I like it too when they bring up JAKE E. LEE's name in all. Awesome, maybe you can check it out on youtube or other movie 'Site's. peace! Hope all is well. 8)

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...