What happened to 3 Day Crush?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

What happened to 3 Day Crush?

Postby LouZ » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:38 pm

It's been about a year since they last did a gig. They were supposed to play the Imagine Festival in Toronto last September, but the whole concert was canceled.

Does anyone have any inside information, or did anyone friend Sydney Levine on facebook? And maybe they can ask her what's up

It's disappointing because it seemed like Jake was getting back into it
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Re: What happened to 3 Day Crush?

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:39 am

I was skeptical on this engagement from the start. I don't have any insider information, but if you recall Sydney was the only one saying in interviews that Jake is their guitarist and that they were going to play that festival.

Unless you see or hear Jake himself say he's in a band or playing a gig, I wouldn't count on it ever happening. The guy doesn't commit to anything. He either likes to keep people guessing, or he just doesn't give a shit.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:25 am

jefnel1 wrote:I was skeptical on this engagement from the start. I don't have any insider information, but if you recall Sydney was the only one saying in interviews that Jake is their guitarist and that they were going to play that festival.
Unless you see or hear Jake himself say he's in a band or playing a gig, I wouldn't count on it ever happening. The guy doesn't commit to anything. He either likes to keep people guessing, or he just doesn't give a shit.

:wink: thanks for bringing up a jakeesubject
i guess what i have seen on youtube and so and : if Jake has just been jamming with them (3 day crush ) and she talks about ''he is in the band'' without his presence .And since then nothing has happened :!: i guess Jake has courtesy not to make any statement about that she/Sidney is probably not telling a true story - she should make a ''correction'' herself on MyS or FB,etc , not Jake .... right

well i wonder if somebody lives in the area and is a musician visiting guitarshops around or having contact wif Jake could make a statement on this site about his whereabouts like a new a jammpict or something he has been telling and what he is up to these days ... he definitely is not hiding in a cave or locked himself in , def. not
8)

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:35 am

I have her on FB. Some time ago, I asked her if the 3 Day Crush thing was still in effect with Jake. She said it was. But, from her posts that I have seen over time, there has been no signs of this. She has had all kinds of other band projects and gigs though. I dont think it is going down. If I was in a project with Jake, all other projects would be on hold. Most likely, jake just is not up for it. I think he has just been doing some studio stuff for others here and there.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:41 am

Just a quick note on the side: I seen a more recent pic. of Jake and he seems to be missing some teeth. No big deal, but the reason I bring this up is, my drummer just recently had all his teeth pulled and I cant get him to hardly leave his house. He does not want to show his face in public till he gets his dentures. Understandable, I guess, but everyone is different. Maybe this is why Jake is laying low as well.

Postby blahblah » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:04 am

drugs r bad. well wishes and prayers to him.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 am

blahblah wrote:drugs r bad. well wishes and prayers to him.

your point being?...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Oh please, what do you think his point is?!!

Are we going to go over this again??

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:43 pm

jefnel1 wrote:I was skeptical on this engagement from the start. I don't have any insider information, but if you recall Sydney was the only one saying in interviews that Jake is their guitarist and that they were going to play that festival.

I would like to think (and certainly hope so) that our da Oge JAKE gives a damn (I'm sure he does but his been "hurt" so much...'and try to connect in his own way w/the fans but there's obstacles from time to time. And hopefully his gettin' free from these obsatcle-struggles...'it be alright JAKE E. LEE you can do it!!). I for one (many of us do) care/gave a damn and looking forward to the next music adventure you want to take us on. Like I said a "Fine Pink Mist II" and "Retrace-Memories II" something like that...'okay? PEACE! :twisted: :D 8)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:46 pm

And continue your music quest with 3 DAY CRASH and if possible join forces w/TheBeast MANDY LION (WWIII fame)...'you can do it da Oge JAKE E. LEE. Your an awesome Musician. Peace :!:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:53 pm

here's the deal, this is not the same Jake from '86, or '89, or '94, or even '05.
none of us are the same either, but we want to remember him that way. it's mostly based on nostalgia, and who wants to forget how you felt the first time you saw or heard jake or some other player tear it up!! Jake will ALWAYS be the player that all of my other favorite guitar slingers will be measured by. But over the last few years I have taken to discovering players or bands that I didn't know before, or that I may have over-looked. I don't hold anything against Jake for his low profile, that is what makes him who he is. On the flip side, I have really been digging Chris Caffery from Savatage and TSO. He isn't the best player or singer, but his style and work ethic have really impressed me, and he is always updating his fans on what he is doing.
When TSO played here in April, the whole band did a meet and greet after the show, and Chris was kind enough to take some pics with me and my heavy metal brother.
In short, Jake, I will hold onto the memories and always be a fan and hope you are happy with whatever you pursue. And in the meantime I will continue to keep the hard rock and metal faith alive and kickin' in my realm!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:15 am

Ninja, well said. I for one don't want to see a Fine Pink Mist II or Retraced II...tired of the covers and not a fan of the instrumental effort.
I've been touting TSO for years ... absolutely amazing. Gutterflower is a huge fan, as well. Hoping she and I can meet up (for the first time ever!) for their Dec. show!! At one of their shows, a few years back, my daughter and I had front row balcony seats (the only place to be at one of their shows) in a venue that holds 2000 folks. They are jammin' out Midnight in Sarajevo and right when it's time for the solo, Chris appears in the ramp to the balcony section we're in, walks up and starts jammin' right beside me! Wheeee! Makes his playing look totally effortless, he does! :-)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks Doobie
I just got the doctor butcher release that Chris Caffery and Jon Oliva put out back in the early 90's-whoa!! Gotta say Chris's rythym playing was smokin', and Jon was really on with the vox!! Those are some very talented guys and the best part is they tend to show no ego, they love to interact with the fans completely unlike pro athletes-but that's my rant for another day!!!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 am

I see these guys mentioned alot. I was a fan of Hall Of The Mountain King back when it came out. Would love to see these guys do a cover album.... Just kidding. I will have to take a look at some of there more recent stuff. What would you recomend?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I would start with Doctor Butcher, as it is interesting to hear how Chris Caffery and Jon Oliva work together w/o Jon's brother Criss. You can tell that Caffery had some decent influence on the albums he worked on with Savatage. Jon Oliva's Pain is also a good listen, I have Festival and I really like it. Matt LaPorte was also a good player for Jon. Matt passed away back in April, Jon must be emotionally drained to lose his brother back in '93 and now Matt, who was alot like Cris in his style.
As for Chris Caffery, I love his playing with Al Pitrelli on Wake of Magellon in Savatage. As for his solo stuff I love the song Remember on his cd Faces, but I do like the whole cd. I just got House of Insanity through his website and have only listened once, so I will need a little more time to digest.
sorry to be long winded, but these guys rock and I could talk about them for days, this should give you a good starting point.
happy listening

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...