Does Ozzy ever speak of Jake?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Does Ozzy ever speak of Jake?

Postby twigz » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:32 pm

Are there any interviews out there within the last few years where Ozzy mentions anything regarding Jake? I already know about this one http://www.bryanreesman.com/blog/tag/jake-e-lee/ but i dont hear Ozzy mention him much in interviews and am curious what he has to say. Someone said that he had mentioned in a fairly recent interview that he would love to work with Jake again, is this true?

All Access Member

Re: Does Ozzy ever speak of Jake?

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:02 am

I have not seen an interview where he talks about wanting to work with Jake again, I have seen a few over the last year or so where he has talked about (albiet briefly) how great of a guitar player Jake is. Ozzy has also been performing more songs from the Jake era in his live shows which to me says as much as anything he might have said in an interview.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:03 am

tedeeoo wrote:Ozzy has also been performing more songs from the Jake era in his live shows which to me says as much as anything he might have said in an interview.

somehow, I think the recent additions of Jake songs is due to Gus 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:23 am

MetalHead wrote:
tedeeoo wrote:Ozzy has also been performing more songs from the Jake era in his live shows which to me says as much as anything he might have said in an interview.

somehow, I think the recent additions of Jake songs is due to Gus 8)

I think that is the case to, I get the feeling Gus is a pretty big fan of Jakes. Not sure how much bearing that has on Ozz/Sharon but am glad they are at least acknowledging his contributions again. I like Gus alot, he seems to really have the right respect and attitude about the gig with Ozzy, like Firewind alot to.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:01 pm

:idea: what about ozzys blurry doped and hybristic mind thinks randy did the jake e stuff + yeah so he himself has been getting credit for doing these 2 albums ,,,,,,,,,,
of course it's all JakeE stuff on media broadcastings that has been played since then and still izzzz :!: + 4eva

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm sure the legendary Prince of Darkness OZZY OSBOURNE has said plenty (splendid/and not splendid depends on his mood) about his premiere musician(s) particular his guitarist(s) that Rocked N Rolled his masterpiece band! It is known/a fact (source I forget where..'but the less it's there in some major Guiar magazine) that Mr. Osbourne did at one point asked Jake E. Lee to work w/him again and JAKE at that time had other music endeavors and had to decline. Pity, I would of liked to see what they would of came up with...'another howling' thriller Classic song like "Bark At the Moon", awesome on the edge howls and groove/beat!! Much respects. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:12 pm

Shadow wrote:It is known/a fact (source I forget where..'but the less it's there in some major Guiar magazine) that Mr. Osbourne did at one point asked Jake E. Lee to work w/him again and JAKE at that time had other music endeavors and had to decline

yep i have heard that as well...but in a recent interview with ozzy he said he hasn't seen or spoken to jake since the day he was fired so I doubt it actually happened

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:14 am

Ozzy is saying the variuos things.. he claimed e.g. that alone he had written and composed all songs on Bark at the moon..:D

Return to All things Jake E Lee...