Ozzy 1986

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Ozzy 1986

Postby pejale » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:37 am

Killer of Giants

Re: Ozzy 1986

Postby Aga-Ta » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:46 am

pejale wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwgllHk2udw&list=FLEZRGfEt3GMuvr9W38yM7KQ&index=5&feature=plpp_video

Ozzy praising Jake?

There is in it no nothing strange - Ozzy very much Jake praised, when with it worked - the situation changed in 1987, when stopped with it working...
At least recently he claims that he cannot about it say the bad word of Jake, and fired him from the team through pressures and a kind of "conspiracy" of remaining friends from the team..
Personally I think that Ozzy alone doesn't know why this way it happened because little probably remembers from this period.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:24 am

Aga-Ta wrote:
pejale wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwgllHk2udw&list=FLEZRGfEt3GMuvr9W38yM7KQ&index=5&feature=plpp_video

Ozzy praising Jake?

There is in it no nothing strange - Ozzy very much Jake praised, when with it worked - the situation changed in 1987, when stopped with it working...
At least recently he claims that he cannot about it say the bad word of Jake, and fired him from the team through pressures and a kind of "conspiracy" of remaining friends from the team..
Personally I think that Ozzy alone doesn't know why this way it happened because little probably remembers from this period.

Sharon Osbourne has a big say in what goes on in the band, whether Ozzy likes it or not, I have a hard time believing that Ozzy or anyone else in the band would have had anything to do with Jake getting fired. From what I understand, he was fired by way of telegram while he was in L.A. I can think of only one person that would do something so low and underhanded, and it's not Ozzy.

It's not a surprise to me that Ozzy said something good here about Jake, it's just to bad that he didn't do it enough.

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:39 am

johnorlitta wrote:
Aga-Ta wrote:

Ozzy praising Jake?

Sharon Osbourne has a big say in what goes on in the band, whether Ozzy likes it or not, I have a hard time believing that Ozzy or anyone else in the band would have had anything to do with Jake getting fired. From what I understand, he was fired by way of telegram while he was in L.A. I can think of only one person that would do something so low and underhanded, and it's not Ozzy.

It's not a surprise to me that Ozzy said something good here about Jake, it's just to bad that he didn't do it enough.

It is known, that Sharon... that telegram and so on... yeah, but doesn't want for me oneself to believe, so that Ozzy is so passive and without the word agreed everything what his wife intended to do.
Anyway - he accepted this fact.
If only it was bright - I am an Ozzy fan, but I also know that there are no perfect people..;]

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:14 am

Perhaps you're right. Here is a couple of excerpts from a Guitar World interview with Jake, back in November 1986:

GW: How easy or difficult is it working with Ozzy in regards to presenting him with material?

Jake: On Bark At The Moon I approached it really cautiously because I was the new guy and I could be out at any second So I just played him riffs and if he liked the riff then the whole band would work on it. When I write a riff, I don't just write a riff-I write a verse and a chorus and everything around it. And Bob Daisley (bassist on Bark At The Moon) might change a part here or there and Ozzy might change a part and that was it really. I didn't argue too much if I didn't like the way something was coming out. I'd go, "I don't really like this" and they'd go, "Well, what do you know?" And I'd go (in sheepish voice)"I don't know anything. Let's change it."

Apparently Jake realized how things could suddenly change, But perhaps it also involved the decision of others. Here's how Jake described his relationship with Ron Nevison, who was involved with the mixing, engineering and production of the Ultimate Sin:

GW: What was it like working for the first time with Ron Nevison?

Jake: (takes a moment and grins) :I'll be diplomatic-he was hard to work with. He doesn't have a very open mind; he hears things his way and he thinks that's the way it should be done. And I heard things my way and I think that's the way it should be done. And there wasn't a whole lot of compromise. It was mostly who felt the strongest about something and argued the longest won out. There were parts on the album where I said, "Definitely not. I don't want it that way, this is the way it has to be." And he'd argue, but I'd win if I felt strongly enough about it. And then there were parts where he'd argue and if I didn't feel that strongly about it I'd say, "Okay, have it your way." It wasn't like trying something in the middle; we were buttin' heads through the whole record."

GW: Did the problems lie in the songs themselves or the sounds of the record?

Jake: "Everything really. Not so much song structure really; it was more the production and the sounds. Because he liked the way we had written most of the songs. There were some songs where he halved a verse and had a chorus come in quicker, but it was mainly the production."
"We give you Jake E. Lee: the man who hates time and tremolos"

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:29 pm

The audio sound is so low: I could bearly hear what OZZY's saying. Anyway, next time maybe the sound will come in better but none the less from what I could hear it appears that everything is going well w/Ozzy & his band 1986. Peace!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:22 pm

hähähä I REALLY LOVE HOW JAKE iS ANALYZING STUFF INA GENUINELY HONEST WAY, :D :D :D :D ,,,,,, BUT THERE WERE NO TELEGRAMS INVOLVED JUST RUMORS HITTING JAKE, AS IT LATER CAME CLEAN BY OZZY THAT HE WAS FIRED+++OZZY WAS NOT HAPPY WITH R. NEVISON EITHR :!: ,,,,, SO WITH NO SOLID REASONS , STILL,,,, :|

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:59 am

Allfyve wrote:hähähä I REALLY LOVE HOW JAKE iS ANALYZING STUFF INA GENUINELY HONEST WAY, :D :D :D :D ,,,,,, BUT THERE WERE NO TELEGRAMS INVOLVED JUST RUMORS HITTING JAKE, AS IT LATER CAME CLEAN BY OZZY THAT HE WAS FIRED+++OZZY WAS NOT HAPPY WITH R. NEVISON EITHR :!: ,,,,, SO WITH NO SOLID REASONS , STILL,,,, :|

Drugs are bad ok?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:59 am

Rainbow wrote:
Allfyve wrote:hähähä I REALLY LOVE HOW JAKE iS ANALYZING STUFF INA GENUINELY HONEST WAY, :D :D :D :D ,,,,,, BUT THERE WERE NO TELEGRAMS INVOLVED JUST RUMORS HITTING JAKE, AS IT LATER CAME CLEAN BY OZZY THAT HE WAS FIRED+++OZZY WAS NOT HAPPY WITH R. NEVISON EITHR :!: ,,,,, SO WITH NO SOLID REASONS , STILL,,,, :|

Drugs are bad ok?

yeah drugs n booze can change a person very very much and the most frightening character i have seen,still, is Keith richard / rolling stoned :!: so u put on a q-mark and,,,,

Return to All things Jake E Lee...