Badlands cover

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Badlands cover

Postby Wolfheart » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 pm

Sounds quality is bad but here's a cover with a great vocalist.

youtube

All Access Member

Re: Badlands cover

Postby macheted01 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:22 am

Wow, nice find. Pretty sweet. I know the quality of the recording is not that great, but enough to tell that it is fricking awsome.

All Access Member

Postby dave1021 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:04 am

Holy Crap. That's Portnoy !!! Awesome.
...And somebody said Fair Warning, Lord strike that poor boy down. Turned from hunted into hunter, went to hunt somebody down.--Van Halen

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:25 am

Yeah, that is crazy. I thought that was just some bar cover band and as I did a little more research on the band itself, I discovered that. The vocalist is who grabbed my attention right away. Russell Allen has got some pipes. I see there first ep got some terrible reviews, but I may check it out to decide for myself. Afterall there is a cover of Mob Rules on it. If the people that reviewed it are Dream Theatre fans than yeah, they may give it negative feedback.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby saltpeanuts » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:22 pm

I know I don't post often (or ever), but I check in here from time to time. Always wondering what's up with my all time favorite guitarist, and hoping he's happy in life.

Anyhow, I was at Adrenaline Mob's first show at the Hiro Ballroom in NYC and I just about pooped bricks when they started playing High Wire! I was standing next to Eddie Trunk. A long time ago I got a chance to talk to Russell Allen, and we spoke of how Ray Gillen was a major influence on his vocal style. The EP is straight ahead metal, and is really good, but lyrically pedestrian. Although Russell is best known as the singer of Symphony X, he's a really soulful vocalist, and his solo work is kind of southern funk blues metal influenced, not unlike Badlands.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:32 am

Very cool. I did check out the ep and I liked it. Cant wait for the full length release. I seen Potnoy on That Metal Show and from what I understand, it should not be too long before its out. Hopefully it will be more thorough. I wonder how long this project will last. Portnoy and Sykes are now working together, which I am totally stoked about. John Sykes has always been another one of my favorites. I will also have to check out Russell Allen's solo stuff.
I guess Jake did some recording on some girls upcoming release. Sarah Thiele newest release is due sometime this fall. Not exactly what alot of Jake fans are wanting to hear, but I am interested in hearing what he has to offer nonetheless.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:33 am

I checked out Mike Orlandos site, he's working with Rudo Sarzo on a project band, on top of his work with Adrenaline Mob, and on top of that he also has his own band. Who knows how long it will last, as long as he can keep up with it I guess.
"We give you Jake E. Lee: the man who hates time and tremolos"

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Wow, that was freakin' outtasight: ADRENALINE Mob did a really amazing cover Classic's from BADLANDS (High Wire) and DIO (Stand Up & Shout). The Vocalist has spectacular vocal-range sounding like Ray Gillen & Ronnie James Dio...'made me smile. And at times blown away 'cause the lead Vocalist looks uncanninly like the Frontman (although slightly trimmer) in SYMPHONY X. Anyway, this groovin' Band did a phat 8O chucky amazing job. Peace!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:19 am

Shadow, the singer is in fact Russel Allen from Symphony X. Also Fozzy guitarist Rich Ward, and Paul DiLeo on bass.
"We give you Jake E. Lee: the man who hates time and tremolos"

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:37 pm

johnorlitta wrote:Shadow, the singer is in fact Russel Allen from Symphony X. Also Fozzy guitarist Rich Ward, and Paul DiLeo on bass.

:o Yeah, imagine my surprise when surfing the Web trying to find out whom Andrenaline Mob (their awesome) were: I feel like silly. I'm like opps...'well, anyway Russell sounds dynomite whereever he goes and he better not leave SYMPHONY X. 8) Peace!

All Access Member

Postby StevenB » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Fat guys with goatees and wallet chains. Yikes!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...