Wicked Alliance - Born to Be Wild - live 94

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Wicked Alliance - Born to Be Wild - live 94

Postby Aga-Ta » Sun May 06, 2012 10:01 am

I have put it today on Youtube - it may interest someone .. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UC2a5-dnAU

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Wicked Alliance - Born to Be Wild - live 94

Postby Rainbow » Sun May 06, 2012 11:30 am

Horrible, what the heck was our hero doing there?

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Mon May 07, 2012 2:51 am

I have two full concerts I bought from Jefnel of Wicked Alliance and this song is from one of them, I loved WD...it was just different and something new, really heavy, probably Jake's heaviest stuff. I know Mandy Lion's voice was not everyones taste but as Jake said, he would never find another Ray Gillen so why not try something completely opposite. His playing is fabulous in both these concerts and if you dont have them contact jefnel and pay some bucks for the DVD.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Secretloser » Tue May 08, 2012 7:36 am

I thought it was pretty cool & Jake kicks arse! Back in '94 this would've been really something quite different & new. I mean Manson wasn't really on the radar at this point y'know. Shame the band didn't release any material & basically eluded everybody.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 pm

I saw them do this live. Mandy's voice sucked. The highlight from that evening, other than meeting and talking with Jake, was 'Love At First Bite'.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:03 am

Have not seen this yet. Jake was there tearing it up on the geeetar, that what he was doing. I recently purchased one of the WA dvd's from Jeffnel, but have not had a chance to watch it. It was definately a different approach for that time frame.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu May 10, 2012 1:26 pm

Wicked Alliance was so terrible that at the Detroit show everyone was actually booing and Jake ended up jumping into the crowd and fighting someone...true story.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Elpowerkapo » Thu May 10, 2012 7:34 pm

This video is excellent Aga someone please upload the video of Jake at NAMM 1996!

seasons wrote:Wicked Alliance was so terrible that at the Detroit show everyone was actually booing and Jake ended up jumping into the crowd and fighting someone...true story.

Jake know Jeet Kune Do :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Fri May 11, 2012 8:39 am

Elpowerkapo wrote:Jake know Jeet Kune Do :twisted:

...... how do you know that ???? 8O
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri May 11, 2012 12:44 pm

I wish the visual image & audio to this vintage Classic WICKED ALLIANCE live performance could be clearer. Their Tribute to STEPPHEN WOLF Master Classic "Born to be Wild" is a WA chill-grinder twist from TheBeast Mandy Lion/Vocals and Jake E. Lee/Guitars: I very much like their take on this treasure Classic, too. The raw twist of it...'JAKE & MANDY and Co. kicked it raw engergy all the way: my fav from this Concert performance is "The Rust" though, it's a very powerful song.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri May 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Shadow, sadly, the audio isn't off much from the live show. If you find it to be a "chill-grinder twist from TheBeast (excuse me while I *gag*) Mandy Lion", you're easily satisfied. In all honesty, he sounds live just like he does on this recording ... like shit.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri May 11, 2012 9:16 pm

Doobie, I am feeling a very strong bond with you after reading this last post of yours...

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 am

Seasons, I think a lot of us are on the same page but, are too worried about being politically correct, at times. I'm just a gal that calls it like I see/hear/read it. ;-)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed May 16, 2012 3:15 pm

Doobie wrote:Shadow, sadly, the audio isn't off much from the live show. If you find it to be a "chill-grinder twist from TheBeast (excuse me while I *gag*) Mandy Lion", you're easily satisfied. In all honesty, he sounds live just like he does on this recording ... like shit.

Music Artist Mandy Lion is known for his unique "roaring" sound/yes "unique" - it's mighty rough roar even at times ugly-chilly grinding sounds that the legendary LION is famous for. Alot of other "unique & famous" Music Artists are also known for sounding this way, extreme magnify!!! I understand that not only you & many others don't like that raw ugly-grinding sound: it's not gonna please all...'but many do like that extreme sound(s) which different Music Artists like to combine sometimes with their real vocals (which I have not heard TheBeast real sounded Vocals as of yet) w/a raw devastator sound (Slipknot, Behemoth, Beautiful Creatures, Kittie, Disturbed etc.,.) have this unique abilities that simply takes you off guard/blows you away. I'm amazed that they can make their voices sound that way w/out hurting themselves. Unique and yes very extreme/ugly scary sounding...'Vocal talents, all! I must say though the song that is linked above of WICKED ALLIANCE is not one of my favorite: The Rust, Funky Devil and TheBeast etc.,. best displays MANDY LION's incrediable Vocal chill-grinder range. :twisted: 8O :o Much respects.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Thu May 17, 2012 5:56 am

Doobie wrote:Shadow, sadly, the audio isn't off much from the live show. If you find it to be a "chill-grinder twist from TheBeast (excuse me while I *gag*) Mandy Lion", you're easily satisfied. In all honesty, he sounds live just like he does on this recording ... like shit.

Word

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...