Jake and Motley Crue

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Jake and Motley Crue

Postby unomundo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:05 pm

I did a quick forum search and didn't see this discussed. I always felt that Mick Mars didn't fit in with Nikki, Tommy and Vince - After Jake left Ozzy (and before Badlands) I thought the three of them with Jake on stage would have been cool. I'm sure he would have outgrown them pretty quickly (musically and more) but he put up with Ozzy and Don Costa, so it could have worked for a couple of albums, no?

All Access Member

Re: Jake and Motley Crue

Postby Kathy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:16 am

Mick Mars is a good guitar player. Jake can and would have played circles around him...Jake is like Jimmy Page and Jimmy Hendrix he doesn't need a 2nd guitarist..if they had started a band Jake I'm sure would have been nice and let Mick do his thing..but he would have become bored and left.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 am

Kathy wrote:Mick Mars is a good guitar player. Jake can and would have played circles around him...Jake is like Jimmy Page and Jimmy Hendrix he doesn't need a 2nd guitarist..if they had started a band Jake I'm sure would have been nice and let Mick do his thing..but he would have become bored and left.

Oh Crap I see what your talking about now sorry my bad :oops: I don't think that would have made a good line up either.Tommy Lee,Nikkix Stix,Vince Neil
Jake would have tired of their off stage stuff too. And I can't see Jake wearing lipstick they were boarderline Glam Rock...Those boyz couldn't have keep up with Jake musically :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:36 am

Jake in Motley Crue? Terrible fit.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:54 pm

I can maybe see the relationship as players with Mick and Jake. Style, sound and all that. Mick relies on his whammy bar abit, but as far as the style, I think you could put these guys in the same category. Make no mistake, Jake is a way better player, but Mick ranks up there pretty high for me as well. Actually, Mick has a solo project that has been in the works for quite some time and yet to materialize, but when it does, I think you will find him to be more like Jake. Ballsout bluesy player all rocked up. As far as Jake in the mold with the rest of the Crue, naah. If Mick's illness took a turn for the worse and the Crue needed a replacement now. I think Jake would do an excellent job. I just dont think he would be interested.

All Access Member

Postby StevenB » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:15 pm

I would've like to see Jake back in Ratt with Warren after Robbin Crosby died.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 pm

I will have to say, Ratts recent release was pretty great and I like Warren as well, but he is another player that I would like to see what he does outside of the box. Mick Mars solo project I have been waiting for a long time to materialize and I just hope it does. Hopefully Jakes happens in 2012.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:18 am

macheted01 wrote:I will have to say, Ratts recent release was pretty great and I like Warren as well, but he is another player that I would like to see what he does outside of the box. Mick Mars solo project I have been waiting for a long time to materialize and I just hope it does. Hopefully Jakes happens in 2012.

you have heard warrens solo album????????

http://www.amazon.com/Crazy-Enough-Sing ... B0000076BD

I love most of it, although some of the instrumentals are boring (but then I don't like instrumentals)...his singing is kinda like joe walsh :lol:

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:07 am

I seen it earlier on, just was not willing to pay the price. They were all imports. I will have to see what I can find on ebay. If they were a little more reasonable, i may pick one up.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:37 am

StevenB, ^5, meeeeee toooooo!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby torbjorn » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:35 am

I have an old KERRANG! from 1983 with Jake on the cover. This is pre Bark at the Moon, and Don Costa is still in the band. In this interview Jake says:

"Mick (Mars) will die when he reads this, but it was me, Nikki, Vince and Tommy who were discussing it. They weren't sure whether they wanted to keep the band a four-piece or add another guitarist. Anyway, they finally got around to telling Mick and he said: 'no, no other guitarist'. He was the one who found the first backer (Coffman), and he said he'd quit if I joined and take the money with him. After that the talks just stopped!"

The article goes on saying - "Looking back on things though, Jake's pleased his involvement in "Pansy Metal" didn't go any farther. It's true, the Mötleys attract a lot of girls to their shows, but his eyesight (or rather lack of it) means he's largely oblivious to the winks and gestures of front row females anyway."

Postby unomundo » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Ah - ha! I remember that article! Guess that's where my "idea" came from -see nothing's original anymore ;-) He also talked about Costa and the cheese grater - he said that cutting his fingers on the strings was painful enough...

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:17 pm

I remember that article too. Thanks for sharing. Was nice to re-read again.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Happy Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:51 pm

That's interesting never knew that the early formation of starting MOTLEY CRUE...'Jake E. Lee was considered being a member of this wild band. That's fascinating yet, I must agree I can't see JAKE in such make-up/howbeit MOTLEY CRUE (Vince, Tommy, Mick & Nikki) looks dynomite (especially Nikki!! 8O 8) His a handsome..'my heart race everytime I see him!!) and RATT, too..'no Jake's direction after being in the TEASER band (he had more a solid foundation with them..'but moved on)..'which he shined, was going on a solid edge Rock/Heavy Metal trip w/OZZY OSBOURNE and then his own band BADLANDS (Ray, Jake, Greg, Eric & Jeff) Rock/Bayou :twisted: solid. Peace!!

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:37 pm

macheted01 wrote:I seen it earlier on, just was not willing to pay the price. They were all imports. I will have to see what I can find on ebay. If they were a little more reasonable, i may pick one up.

there are "other ways" of getting it

:wink:

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...