Wicked Alliance

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Wicked Alliance

Postby whiskey_train87 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:44 am

yeah possibly the peoples least favorite jake project, but i like it and i think we should talk about it, maybe like how ray luzier was in the project, maybe about how the album would've sounded if released, maybe if there's more material floating around out there, maybe jake mandy or ray still have any of this material, who was the bassist and where did he go and doing what now

Secret Loser

Re: Wicked Alliance

Postby Sunrise » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:09 am

I dont know why so many people are so down on WA, I loved the music, heavy as hell. Mandy Lion seems to really divide people but his voice seemed to fit the project. Dont know anything about where the material is though.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:03 pm

I saw Wicked Alliance in '94 and looking back I really admire what Jake was trying to do.

Instead of doing another Badlands, he went in a totally different direction. Much heavier and maybe with some electronics thrown in there. Remember back in 1994 there was White Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Nine in Nails. I think Wicked Alliance would have been somewhat similar to those bands.

To me, what makes Jake better than many of his counterparts is his ability to change his guitar playing to the style of the singer, and not just play one signature style. I had never heard of Mandy Lion until he appeared on George Lynch's "Sacred Groove". George Lynch is an amazing technical player, but the song he did with Mandy wasn't all that different than his other work. But when you compare Jake's playing in Ozzy, to Badlands, or Wicked Alliance, it's three totally different styles. It's unfortunate that a Wicked Alliance album was never completed, and I'd bet there are other recordings besides the 4 tracks on Youtube, but only Jake and Mandy Lion really know.

When I saw Wicked Alliance in '94, I think Jimmy Bain (Dio bassist) played bass, and I sort of remember Mandy introducing Ray Luzier and saying he would become very well known in the future.
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:33 am

Dont know for sure, but have read somewhere at one time that Mandy Lion may have been one to set the tone for the industrial rock movement. I had read that he was doing this long before Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie, although I believe the White Zombie stuff surfaced before the Marilyn Manson. In any case, yeah, I also like how Jake can transform to fit any mold. Just like the stuff he did as a guest musician for Ann Lewis stuff. Again totally different set.

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:16 pm

LouZ wrote:''.....I saw Wicked Alliance in '94 and looking back I really admire what Jake was trying to do.............Instead of doing another Badlands, he went in a totally different direction. Much heavier and maybe with some electronics thrown in there. Remember back in 1994 ......''

I reckon this is a draft from an interview -could u tell plz which one it is from !
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:57 pm

Dixie- This isn't from an interview. It's just me responding to the original post
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:53 pm

I like the Surreal/Haunting atmosphere to WICKED ALLIANCE - their strangely unique with a twist heavy Funk-chill groove to their sound. Each member Jake E. Lee (da Oge)-Guitars, Mandy Lion (theBeast)-Vocals, Brian Perry-(the Animal...'that's what Mandy called him)-Bass and Ray Luzier-Drums are an incrediable line-up. And I for one would love to see the WA-Twisted Beauty unleashed in it's entirety...'the Rust is a treasure Classic. Solid!! 8O I love watching them perform. :twisted: :o

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Elpowerkapo » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:11 am

LouZ wrote:I saw Wicked Alliance in '94 and looking back I really admire what Jake was trying to do.

Instead of doing another Badlands, he went in a totally different direction. Much heavier and maybe with some electronics thrown in there. Remember back in 1994 there was White Zombie, Marilyn Manson, Nine in Nails. I think Wicked Alliance would have been somewhat similar to those bands.

To me, what makes Jake better than many of his counterparts is his ability to change his guitar playing to the style of the singer, and not just play one signature style. I had never heard of Mandy Lion until he appeared on George Lynch's "Sacred Groove". George Lynch is an amazing technical player, but the song he did with Mandy wasn't all that different than his other work. But when you compare Jake's playing in Ozzy, to Badlands, or Wicked Alliance, it's three totally different styles. It's unfortunate that a Wicked Alliance album was never completed, and I'd bet there are other recordings besides the 4 tracks on Youtube, but only Jake and Mandy Lion really know.

When I saw Wicked Alliance in '94, I think Jimmy Bain (Dio bassist) played bass, and I sort of remember Mandy introducing Ray Luzier and saying he would become very well known in the future.

Was the ex-Lizy Borden Brian Perry on bass not Jimmy Bain, Jimmy was in WWIII

Return to All things Jake E Lee...