Whitey replica.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Whitey replica.

Postby torbjorn » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 am

Probably old news, but this is pretty cool. Also some interesting info on the nickname Mr. Lou Williams used for his beloved guitar.

I swear - if I ever came across the REAL WHITEY I'd die with a smile on my face!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Charvel-San-Dim ... 2575a8e734

All Access Member

Re: Whitey replica.

Postby macheted01 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:35 am

Cool. I wish I had it like that. Where i could buy this and just put up on display in my home. Very nice.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:19 pm

did DiMarzio mae a new pickup called SHS-1? :lol:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:18 am

so pretty much the only thing that makes this like jakes is the fact its white and has angled pick ups :?: :roll: ....ebony board, different neck plate and nearly 4k...meh think i'd just get a GMW or similar or better still just get a real strat and change it myself

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:48 pm

Nice find - I can't afford it

It went for 2.2k in the end

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Wow, thats still crazy. Pretty hefty price to pay. I do alot of ebaying and things just dont usually capture the mighty dollar, unless its very rare or like an iphone or something. I could see that if this was autographed or something.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby torbjorn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:21 am

I have to agree with Sytharnia about all this. It is basically just a white guitar with slanted single coils. And a SQUARE neckplate?! What the hell is that all about? I remembered when I discovered Jake E. Lee, watching that concert from Salt Lake City, I couldn't figure out what kind of brand he was using (didn't know about Charvel back then). But I did notice that neckplate when Ozzy was throwing him around during Suicide Solution, and the shape of that neckplate fascinated me!

Anyone can make a replica - and why not just get hold of a mid 70s hardtail Strat if you want to make a Whitey copy? They're not THAT expensive. It's like Charvel takes pride in the "fact" that Jake E. Lee used one of their guitars... All he did was use their logo.

If you want to spend this much money on a guitar then buy something of real value - like a 70s Les Paul Custom or something. I would never waste my money on a replica. Why try to look like someone else when you're on stage? Be original! Create you own thing, for cryin' out loud!

I would like that bandana, though.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:43 pm

8O Beautiful customized JAKE E. LEE Guitar set, well preserved and Classic looking. Wish, I had it...'although I don't play..'who ever owns it now has a treasure JAKE pearl on their hands! Take good care of it and enjoy. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:54 am

torbjorn wrote:It's like Charvel takes pride in the "fact" that Jake E. Lee used one of their guitars... All he did was use their logo.

not entirely true ;)
the daphne blue, red/mirrored, blueburst and purleburst...all Charvel :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:03 pm

MetalHead wrote:
torbjorn wrote:It's like Charvel takes pride in the "fact" that Jake E. Lee used one of their guitars... All he did was use their logo.

not entirely true ;)

This

and I also assume when he had the fender modded the charvel guys may have done the work??

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby torbjorn » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:50 pm

sytharnia wrote:
MetalHead wrote:

not entirely true ;)

This

and I also assume when he had the fender modded the charvel guys may have done the work??

Fair enugh, guys. I stand corrected.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm

sytharnia wrote:This

well, he roomed with someone who worked for Charvel back then :)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:35 am

Jake had other white ones that were not created from a donor Fender - he even had a white charvel with a single humbucker, and yes a 4 bolt neck plate

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby torbjorn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:24 am

Rainbow wrote:Jake had other white ones that were not created from a donor Fender - he even had a white charvel with a single humbucker, and yes a 4 bolt neck plate

Wasn't the one you're thinking about "daphne blue"? Not entirely white?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:31 am

No it was white - circa 1984

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...