Jake omitted again

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Jake omitted again

Postby Kathy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:22 pm

On the Ultimate Classic Rock website
They listed the top 10 singers/ guitarist
#10 ozzy/Tony lommis
Then went on to say ozzy has played with sensational shredders like Randy Rhoads 8) and Zakk Wyle 8) ..But,WTF again Why not Jake??? :evil:
unltimateclassicrock.com/top-singer-guitarist-duos....
FA....F**ked Again :roll:

Re: Jake omitted again

Postby unomundo » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 am

Unfortunately, it might just be that we're 30 years down the road and to the casual observer Randy and Zakk are the first (only?) 2 that come to mind - Randy since he was Ozzy's first post-Sabbath guitarist (and was pretty influential and tragically taken away) and then Zakk since he's pretty visible (different bands, comedy roasts, appearances, etc). I still wouldn't rule out show biz politics either....There's some solace (for me) though, when I watch a Jake video on YouTube and the majority of the comments are "Jake is my all time favorite Ozzy guitarist", etc (though I guess a non-Jake fan wouldn't be seeking out Jake videos?). I don't put much stock in these lists anyway, but it is frustrating when they're put together and they seem to miss the mark!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby metalk76 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:22 pm

realistically speaking, Jake has filled big shoes.... Randy’s! I wouldn't see the reason why Jake would be left behind , or even for gotten..... ;) after all, bark at the moon, and the ultimate some albums were some of the best and commercialize albums ozzy put out in the ’80’s...

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:02 pm

metalk76 wrote:realistically speaking, Jake has filled big shoes.... Randy’s! I wouldn't see the reason why Jake would be left behind , or even for gotten..... ;) after all, bark at the moon, and the ultimate some albums were some of the best and commercialize albums ozzy put out in the ’80’s...

jake made randy's shoes even frign bigger with BATM and TUS
On every radiostation they play Bark atm in the 1st place, right
8O 8O 8O it IS SO STRANGE ozzy is forgetting his two biggest albums with Jake as a very visible character .... 8O 8O
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby metalk76 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:18 pm

:) That's right!!!

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:57 am

Thankfully I dont think Jake gives a shit.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby mskarenrocks » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Those lists are pretty much the opinion of the person who made them. If I made a list like that Jake would be number one now and always:) Just love that man:) I could listen to his playing all day everyday. Just saying:)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:03 pm

It all depends on whom putting the question list together and their most favorite it seems. Obviously I would mentioned all three Premiere virtuoso guitarist of OZZY's and that's Randy Rhoads, Jake E. Lee and Zakk Wylde respectfully. Their amazing trailblazers that enhanced OZZY music career to new heights. :twisted:

Postby skezza » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 am

Jake is a wonderful guitarist, but unfortunately, these polls are often based on recognition. Eddie Van Halen was a revolutionary guitarist at the time (and the years before) and he got a lot of recognition which is why he often tops the polls. Randy was also in the same category.

We know how good Jake was. A stunning player but unfortunately not as well recognized. Still disappointing though
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...