Rick Rubin to produce next Metallica album

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Rick Rubin to produce next Metallica album

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:13 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I kind of was hoping that Jane Pauly would play bass.....I'm disappointed! Metallica will have their own reality TV drama before it's over, I'm sure of it! They're a bunch of drama queens nowadays...geeze.....

Lars will do anything for money.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:18 pm

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:I kind of was hoping that Jane Pauly would play bass.....I'm disappointed! Metallica will have their own reality TV drama before it's over, I'm sure of it! They're a bunch of drama queens nowadays...geeze.....

Lars will do anything for money.

Anything for attention too! :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:42 pm

OH please Metalica Is OVER plain and simple St anger blew DICK Rick rubin sucks and will do way worse then bob rock for sure you can take it to the bank
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:44 pm

stratattack wrote:OH please Metalica Is OVER plain and simple St anger blew DICK Rick rubin sucks and will do way worse then bob rock for sure you can take it to the bank

What he said! :twisted:

What goes on at work is more entertaining to me.....

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:23 am

i really think they should replace Lars :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:35 am

yah larz is by far one of the biggest cry babys is metal hell they cant even be called that any more and we all know that Mustain is not only a better guitar player then Hammet but is an all around better song writer.

They say that money does a number to your head but man larz has gone off the deap end beyond any scope just rent some kind of monster thatll explain it all.

like that tool of a theropest that is a joke in it self .
after the Justice record lets face it they got greedy and wanted that mainstreem cash and who wouldnt but on the other hand you never saw Jake whore himself out even with Ozzy he was and is still his own man period,

I think that Metlica as a band is finished they have lost the respect of alot of metal heads and fellow musicians alike
now the Rick rubin thing really put it over the top just when you thought bob rock screwed the pooch here comes Rubin . I guess its safe to say Metalicas career alarm is going Off! and its really a shame too.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:04 pm

stratattack wrote:but on the other hand you never saw Jake whore himself out even with Ozzy he was and is still his own man period

the things is, if Jake had whored(?) himself out with Ozzy,
he could've had an ongoing career for many years
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:16 pm

maybe if sherrin didnt use her cotrol power to puch him away later either way I think jake would have left .

Postby Fretman » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:47 pm

The fact of the matter is this...Metallica is probably not even capable of going back to it's roots and writing a ripping metal record anymore even if they wanted to, IMO...not that they do. At this point the music seems secondary, as it has since Load. Again....just my opinion...but they just suck.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:03 pm

Good point. I've never listened to them any longer than I've had to. They've always sucked, even since before they sold-themselves-out, their product , and anyone who's ever paid for what they've been schoveling. Remember? I don't know enough about Rick Rubin to think anything about him in one way or another.
The recording producer makes a difference, to the extent of "blue- printing" ( only, not as in structuring) whole careers, in some cases. Think of that magical word, "Beatles." But the band cooks it up and serves it. If John "Mutt" Lange or Max Norman OR MY CAT were hired to produce Metallica's next album, they'd still suck. And, I've never listened to them any longer than I've had to. Because . . . they suck. "Ladies and gentlemen, Sandman has left the building."

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby sonicbrew73 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:01 pm

Megadeth all the way!!! I always thought Megadeth was a better band than Metallica. Better musicians hands down. I like Metallica, and still do, but I think their last couple of alums weren't anything to rave about. I heard St. Anger once and wasn't too impressed. Bob Rock is a really good producer. the last Cult album was great, so was the last Motley album. It will be interesting to see what direction Rick Rubin will take them.

Previous

Return to Free for all...