Schenker

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Schenker

Postby Doobie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:47 am

Am I the only one underwhelmed by this tune? Sounds like something that would have been played in The Karate Kid to me. Hopefully, the rest of the tracks do not follow suit.

blabbermouth.net reports:
"Miss Claustrophobia", a brand new song from legendary guitarist Michael Schenker, is available for streaming. The track comes off Schenker's new album, "Temple Of Rock", which will be released on September 7 in Japan. The CD will arrive in the U.K. on September 26.

"Temple Of Rock" reportedly features guest appearances by the following musicians:

* Rudolf Schenker (SCORPIONS) - Guitar
* Pete Way (UFO) - Bass
* Neil Murray (BLACK SABBATH, WHITESNAKE) - Bass
* Chris Glen (MSG) - Bass
* Simon Phillips (TOTO, THE WHO, JUDAS PRIEST) - Drums
* Carmine Appice (KING KOBRA, VANILLA FUDGE, ROD STEWART, JEFF BECK, OZZY OSBOURNE, BLUE MURDER) - Drums
* Chris Slade (AC/DC) - Drums
* Don Airey (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW) - Keyboards
* Michael Voss - Vocals
* Myles Kennedy (ALTER BRIDGE, SLASH) - Vocals

"Temple Of Rock" track listing:

01. Intro
02. How Long
03. The End Of An Era
04. Saturday Night
05. Fallen Angel
06. Hangin' On
07. With You
08. Miss Claustrophobia
09. Scene Of Crime
10. Lovers Sinfony-Speed
11. Stormin' In
12. Speed
13. Before The Devil Knows You're Dead
14. How Long (guitar battle version)
15. Remember (bonus track for Japan)

All Access Member

Re: Schenker

Postby Shadow » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Sounds great and should of known that the Hurrican Schenker from the legendary SCORPIONS (whom are retired...'supposely) couldn't stay away from the music scene for long. That's like them not having water, they need they music to breath & drink from. Happy for Rudolf Schenker and his new Solo album Temple of Rock sounds awesome! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:48 am

MICHAEL SCHENKER TEMPLE OF ROCK - LIVE IN EUROPE UK RELEASE: MONDAY 3rd DECEMBER:
inakustik is pleased to announce the December 3rd release of Michael Schenker's Temple of Rock: Live in Europe on CD, DVD, Blu-ray and Limited Deluxe Edition. This essential live rock'n'roll release includes songs performed live in Tilburg, The Netherlands in May 2012, plus songs performed at London's 2011 High Voltage Festival.
At the ripe age of 15, after a very early start in his professional music career recording his first album with the Scorpions and after joining UFO age 17, Michael Schenker focused exclusively on lead guitar and pure self-expression. The second chapter in his career was focused on experimenting and developing his expertise on a more musical and personal level. With excellent musicians, friends and fans from all over the world, this live recording is part of this celebration.
Schenker sees his music as a building block in the construction of the Temple Of Rock.
"The Temple is almost finished," explains Michael. “The foundation was laid in the 60s by Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Black Sabbath. The walls were then built by UFO and others in the late 70s. By the 80s it was further reinforced by the likes of the Scorpions, and many other influential rock bands. There's not much new left to expect, but I am glad to be a part of this temple,” says Michael. "It's unbelievable fun and an honor to share a stage and make music with some of the world's best musicians."
A concert from Tilburg, the Netherlands was recorded in May 2012 that noticeably distinguishes itself from previous releases due to the line-up that includes Michael Schenker (lead guitar), Doogie White (vocals), Herman Rarebell (drums), Francis Buchholz (bass) and Wayne Findley (rhythm guitar, keyboards).
In addition to this Tilburg concert, fans can experience extracts from London's 2011 High Voltage Festival with Michael Voss (vocals), featuring awe-inspiring guest appearances from Schenker's friends and musical companions including his brother Rudolf Schenker (The Scorpions) who plays rhythm guitar on “Rock You Like a Hurricane”, “Hanging On” and “Doctor Doctor”, UFO's Pete Way who plays bass guitar on “Doctor Doctor”, and vocalists Jeff Scott Soto (ex-Journey), and Doogie White, who jointly sing on “Doctor Doctor”.
All in all, there has never been such extensive and high quality material from Michael Schenker for your viewing and listening pleasure.

Live In Tilburg - Track Listing: Into The Arena, Armed And Ready, Lovedrive, Another Piece Of Meat, Hanging On, Cry For The Nations, Let Sleeping Dogs Lie, Coast To Coast, Assault Attack, Before The Devil Knows You're Dead, Lights Out, On And On, Let It Roll, Shoot Shoot, Rock You Like A Hurricane, Rock Bottom, Holiday, Blackout, Doctor Doctor.
The Musicians: Michael Schenker (lead guitars), Doogie White (lead vocals), Herman Rarebell (drums), Francis Buchholz (bass), Wayne Findlay (keyboards, guitars, backing vocals), Michael Voss (lead vocals, guitar - Special guest on 'Hanging On').

Live At High Voltage - Track Listing - Armed And Ready, Another Piece Of Meat, Rock You Like A Hurricane (ft. Rudolph Schenker), Hanging On (ft. Rudolph Schenker), Doctor Doctor (ft. Rudolph Schenker).
The Musicians: Michael Schenker (lead guitars), Michael Voss (lead vocals, guitar), Herman Rarebell (drums), Wayne Findlay (keyboards, guitars, backing vocals), Elliott Dean Rubinson (bass).
Special Guests: Rudolf Schenker (rhythm guitar on Rock You Like A Hurricane, Hanging On, Doctor Doctor), Pete Way (bass guitar on Doctor Doctor), Jeff Scott Soto (vocals on Doctor Doctor), Doogie White (vocals on Doctor Doctor).

Formats & Special Features:
CD Edition - 2 Disc Recording from 2012's Tilburg, Netherlands concert / Recording (extracts) from London's 2011 / High Voltage Festival
DVD Edition - 1 Disc Recording from 2012's Tilburg, Netherlands concert / Recording (extracts) from London's 2011 / High Voltage Festival / Bonus-Footage‚ Before The Show (Tilburg) / Audio: Dolby Digital 5.1, dts, Stereo
Blu-Ray Edition - 1 Disc Recording from 2012's Tilburg, Netherlands concert / Recording (extracts) from London's 2011 / High Voltage Festival / Bonus-Footage‚ Before The Show (Tilburg) / Bonus-Footage‚ Sound check (Tilburg) / Audio: DTS HD Master, Stereo
Limited Deluxe Edition - 4 Discs Includes 2 CDs, 1 Blu-ray, 1 Bonus DVD. Bonus DVD includes the following content: Brighton Rehearsal / Doogie's Video Impressions.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nebilim » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:46 pm

Shadow wrote:Happy for Rudolf Schenker and his new Solo album Temple of Rock sounds awesome! 8)

it's his brother Michaels solo album :)

Postby drzepper » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:48 am

Shadow wrote:Sounds great and should of known that the Hurrican Schenker from the legendary SCORPIONS (whom are retired...'supposely) couldn't stay away from the music scene for long. That's like them not having water, they need they music to breath & drink from. Happy for Rudolf Schenker and his new Solo album Temple of Rock sounds awesome! 8)

schenker is amazing i saw him in the 80s with msg it was one of the best shows i ever saw. i was close to the first row. his guitar solo was one of the best ever on his flying v. i tried to get a flying v after that concert but i was not able to buy one so i worked and worked all kind of odd jobs and got a explorer like matthias jabs from scorpions. schenker played on the scorpions first album before uli roth joined the band. he also played on lovedrive before matthias joined the band. he rocks.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:46 am

Kind of amazing to me, how Michael may have went unoticed in some of the rock and guitar community. I think he reached his peak in the states during the Mccauley Schenker Group. They had more commercial success.
In the mid to late 90's, I had his whole collection up to that point. His guitar solo Into The Arena is also what brought him into the mainsteam as well. One of personal favorites is the Assault Attack release.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Nebilim » Sun May 19, 2013 5:27 am

you want a TASTY guitar solo from mr. S? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxM4jIAsEHc

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Sun May 19, 2013 3:48 pm

SCORPIONS (whom are retired...'supposely)

Right about the time The Final Sting tour ended, they did announce they were not going to retire, just not tour as much. They have some dates already scheduled later this year in Europe.

I'll have to take a listen. I do hope this album does well for Michael. He just seems to have had a hard time finding his way. I remember reading that Ozzy had asked Michael to join him right after Randy died. It's probably good that didn't happen as it probably would have done them both in during that time in their lives.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Oh, okay..'sorry about, in any event "pleased" that RUDOLF is jam min' making a guest appearance on his brother album Micheal Schenker whom is dynomite, too!!!

Nebilim wrote:
Shadow wrote:Happy for Rudolf Schenker and his new Solo album Temple of Rock sounds awesome! 8)

it's his brother Michaels solo album :)

Return to Free for all...