Stephen Pearcy

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Stephen Pearcy

Postby rockinrye » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:19 pm

I thought it would be fun too go down memeory lane . I just bought this " new cd entitled " Round and Round Greatest Hits", by a band called RATT ATTACK.

I opened the cd and on guitar and pictured are Tracii Guns and George Lynch. They play on assorted Ratt tunes not what I was expecting but still ok (GEORGE is awesome another post)

There is no mention of ex Ratt guys except on the song credits.

Then i take a good close look at the pictre on the inner sleeve (where the cd sits ) and who is there :?: Jake :? :?

No mention of him on the cd at all :?: :?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Stephen Pearcy

Postby Thajan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:30 pm

I remember something being said about this on the last forum, I forgot how it ended though......

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:25 pm

Thajan wrote:I remember something being said about this on the last forum, I forgot how it ended though......

I remember too, but I was thinking the thread was about Pearcy's latest solo album. I don't have it, but apparently a few folks do. I think the verdict was that the picture wasn't of Jake, but someone else, whom I don't remember.

One of these guys or gals will see this and clear us up.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:20 pm

Did anyone actually like Pearcy's singing? I thought he was the luckiest guy in the world to be able to front that band because his vocals were terrible.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:44 pm

He was original .
The artist formally known as Brawler

Postby strat2tele1 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:29 pm

I agree with mr metal, Pearcy voice was painful were it not for the guitar playing. Its even more painful now.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:18 pm

He reminds me of Tom Keifer from Cinderella, that guys voice at its prime sucked rocks, but it worked for the band and its sound.
Now he's rich and here I sit at work at 11:15 at night.....
theres alot to be said for good marketing!
(just my opinon tho)....
Last edited by Stratmaster90 on Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:21 pm

BTW. I happen to like Cinderella they were a Damn good show.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:35 am

Stratmaster90 wrote:BTW. I happen to like Cinderella they were a Damn good show.

every coupla years they'll put a greatest hits package with no new material on it.

I saw them 3 years ago when they were on a bill with Slaughter Dokken and Poison. Still a decent show too see :!:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:16 am

mrmetal wrote:Did anyone actually like Pearcy's singing? I thought he was the luckiest guy in the world to be able to front that band because his vocals were terrible.

Technically, Pearcy isn't a good singer, I agree. I grew up being a huge Ratt fan, and still am of the old band that is. With that said, I feel like Stephen was a great frontman, along with catchy, unique vocals. Actually, I wouldn't have Ratt without him.

The same for Tom Keifer. I really like his unique style and it sure as heck wouldn't be Cinderella without him.

I even like Britny Fox's old stuff though.....

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:39 am

I agree with MrMetal, beginning with Out of The Cellar, Ratt was a great sounding band, and Pearcy was damn lucky to be fronting them because he sounds like Oscar the Grouch with a mike! LOL

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:41 am

Jake and Lynch were to play on the cd originaly.Jake passed on it for whatever reason, and Pearcy hired Traci Gunns to do the solos Jake was going to do.

The pic inside the cd is jake for sure.EARLY Ratt gig

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:05 pm

frethead wrote:I agree with MrMetal, beginning with Out of The Cellar, Ratt was a great sounding band, and Pearcy was damn lucky to be fronting them because he sounds like Oscar the Grouch with a mike! LOL

Stephen Pearcy does not sound like Oscar the Grouch :!: Maybe some of the death growlers, but not Pearcy dude! :lol: Now that I think about it, Dee Snider sounds more like Oscar. :D

Pearcy wasn't any worse than Michaels, Winger, or Lane during that era. At least Pearcy sounded unique!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:11 pm

Let me tell you, I'm having a pretty tough time imagining Stephen Pearcy as a death growler. Then again . . . Pearcy does offer the occasional "Yeah! ," which is about as exciting as when those guys found the dead kid's body in Stand By Me. It's funny, but I was actually thinking of Elmer Fudd, Oscar the Grouch, Fozzie Bear and Stephen Pearcy in the same room having a singing jam, or whatever, in one tone, sort-of like the whirring sound that comes from a computer. You know? The tone (of the cpu tower) never changes, and the pitch ( of the hard disk, or the fan) changes only when it's between off and on. I presume "unique" can be left to those personal liberties ( or oddities?) which are defined by the beholder. :twisted: :wink: :lol:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:30 am

I just found Ratt doing " Born On The Bayou" the old CCR are tune .It is a live recording the band consists of Pearcy , Warren Demartini ,Juan Croucier, Bobby Blotzer on drums and too my surprise " Fred Coury on the skins "and " filing in for a sick Robin Crosby, Michael Schenker"

It is awesome recorded obvioulsy just before Crosby died .Great acoustic song :!: I wish i had more :!: :!:

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...