4 shows in December

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

4 shows in December

Postby Tonefiend » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:41 pm

So whose going? I have tix to the show at the Whiskey and in San Diego next month and can't wait. It's been well over 20 years since I've seen him play live.

http://planetmosh.com/jake-e-lees-red-d ... our-dates/

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: 4 shows in December

Postby aqharyder » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:18 pm

Tonefiend wrote:So whose going? I have tix to the show at the Whiskey and in San Diego next month and can't wait. It's been well over 20 years since I've seen him play live.

http://planetmosh.com/jake-e-lees-red-d ... our-dates/

I have tickets for San Diego. It's been over 20 years for me too. I last saw him with Badlands at Shoreline. Cannot wait to see the new band. I still need to listen to the new tracks; I'm waiting until the house is quiet so I can enjoy without interruption!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:18 pm

Cool I can't wait. If you are not familiar, Brick By Brick is pretty divey and you'll get a chance to stand right in front for an up close personal experience. It will be awesome!

I saw Badlands at the Bachanaal here in SD back in the day then in Minneapolis a few times.

My buddy I am headed to the show in LA with used to see him play locally in SD before he was in Ozzy but hasn't seen him since.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 pm

Tonefiend wrote:Cool I can't wait. If you are not familiar, Brick By Brick is pretty divey and you'll get a chance to stand right in front for an up close personal experience. It will be awesome!

I saw Badlands at the Bachanaal here in SD back in the day then in Minneapolis a few times.

My buddy I am headed to the show in LA with used to see him play locally in SD before he was in Ozzy but hasn't seen him since.

Thank you for the heads up. I'm from Northern California, and I have never been there, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was actually going to try to go to the LA show, but I have to work, but I'm so glad I have the time off for San Diego!

Postby msb7144 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:23 am

Cant wait for a full US tour!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Jake will probably go on around 11:30 or so. Be prepared for a late show. It's just a bar so it's real up close and personal. I've seen quite a few shows there, some folks here would be into.. Slash, George Lynch, Uli Roth, Michael Schenker, Eric Gales, Alan Holdsworth. It used to be called the Spirit Club in the '80s.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:15 am

Tonefiend wrote:Jake will probably go on around 11:30 or so. Be prepared for a late show. It's just a bar so it's real up close and personal. I've seen quite a few shows there, some folks here would be into.. Slash, George Lynch, Uli Roth, Michael Schenker, Eric Gales, Alan Holdsworth. It used to be called the Spirit Club in the '80s.

I really appreciate you letting me know about the club. I haven't been to San Diego in years, and I'm really looking forward to heading down there; of course seeing RDC is going to be the highlight! If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions for you: How is the parking there and what time do you think is a good time to get there?

The place sounds like it has a great history - you have seen some great musicians there!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Parking os on the street and around the venue in various parking lots. It's free and won't be hard you might have to walk a block or three. It's an industrial area so the whole place is pretty quiet at night. There is a BBQ joint next door which is owned by the venue. My friend Keith's band Temporal riff is playing and he's a great guitarist as well so you'll probably enjoy that. There are couches in the back and tables so if you get there at doors you can grab a table or get there any time Jake will probably go on around 11-11:45pm as they go until last call @ 1:30 at least that's typical of that place. It's a real small venue so I am expecting it will be packed. You'll want to get a spot up front early if that's what you want to do.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:59 am

Tonefiend wrote:Parking os on the street and around the venue in various parking lots. It's free and won't be hard you might have to walk a block or three. It's an industrial area so the whole place is pretty quiet at night. There is a BBQ joint next door which is owned by the venue. My friend Keith's band Temporal riff is playing and he's a great guitarist as well so you'll probably enjoy that. There are couches in the back and tables so if you get there at doors you can grab a table or get there any time Jake will probably go on around 11-11:45pm as they go until last call @ 1:30 at least that's typical of that place. It's a real small venue so I am expecting it will be packed. You'll want to get a spot up front early if that's what you want to do.

I appreciate all the information. I went on youtube and checked out your friend's band. They sound great, and I'm looking forward to hearing them too. Thanks again!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Yeah, that was a great surprise to see that our much beloved da Oge*JAKE E. LEE'S RED DRAGON CARTEL are surely gonna be hitting the Road to back up his & his new band album. Very thrilled for Mr. Lee and wish him and his band (security/safety foremost) and a much grooving-Trailblazing Concert Event(s) ahead 2013/and the big Tour 2014: hitting more major Cities (on all Coast) especially the West. Awesome, wishing everyone that are able to attend a very safe and happenin' time!! God Bless. :D 8O :twisted: :P

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:51 am

I can't wait for the whiskey show! I'll be sure to get some photos and maybe video of the event. Going to hit Amoeba records And lunch at the rainbow.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:57 am

Tonefiend wrote:I can't wait for the whiskey show! I'll be sure to get some photos and maybe video of the event. Going to hit Amoeba records And lunch at the rainbow.

Sounds like a perfect day! Cannot wait to see your photos from the show, and of course, cannot wait for San Diego!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:10 am

Be sure to let us know how it is and what's on the set list!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...