San Diego show review

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

San Diego show review

Postby Tonefiend » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:41 am

Redemption! The San Diego show was amazing. The band was super tight and everybody sounded great. Jakes playing was even better tonight. He was every bit as good as he was when I saw him Back in 91 at the Bachanaal and in '89 in St. Paul

Darren sounded fantastic. He nailed High Wire Which is hard to do. He was apologetic for the show at the Whiskey And really turned his at around. He was a very professional and nailed his vocals. His stage presence And performance were top notch and left nothing to be desired.

I spoke with Darren after the show and he was apologetic for the Whisky Show and was very thankful and humbled. He was pretty stoked about his performance. I spoke with Ronnie and he appeared to be very proud of him And was happy with the show. He told me how great the new album is and that they worked for 2 years on it. I also chatted with Jake and he was very nice and humble and thanked me for coming to the show and waiting for all those years to see him again. I got a pick and he autographed some of my records.

All Access Member

Re: San Diego show review

Postby AUSAR » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:39 am

Awesome!!! So happy Darren proved why he's there. Cant wait for footage

Postby thordale » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:56 am

Great To Hear !!

Here's Ultimate Sin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KalmzZE1grs

Postby RobGLA » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:45 am

Very happy to hear this! Hopefully they will come back and play L.A. again next year.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby saltpeanuts » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:47 am

You are right about Highwire. It's on FB now, and it sounds excellent. I figured the guy could sing if Jake picked him. I'm actually glad he's not a Ray clone, because no one can replace Ray and this is not Badlands. He's got a deeper darker tone to his voice, and I like it. Hope they make it to NYC.

Postby Bluesman » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:45 am

Thanks for the Review! This was sooo much better than the LA show. Whole band sounded tighter, and Darren...you´re forgiven. Awesome job!!!
I´m so impressed by Jake. Its like he has never been away. Can´t wait for the new album. I like the songs I´ve heard so far.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:08 pm

I got the audio and a few good videos of the show. I'll process up the videos and get them uploaded asap. There are a few vids out there already that show what a good show it was.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Awesome. From the videos I have seen, it was so much better and only gonna get tighter. No shows in Michigan yet, but seen a bunch more dates pop up. One in Indiana which would be like a 4 hour drive and I will do it if none pop up that are closer. Did they have any shirts or swag up for sale at the shows yet?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:07 am

Tonefiend wrote:Redemption! The San Diego show was amazing. The band was super tight and everybody sounded great. Jakes playing was even better tonight. He was every bit as good as he was when I saw him Back in 91 at the Bachanaal and in '89 in St. Paul

Darren sounded fantastic. He nailed High Wire Which is hard to do. He was apologetic for the show at the Whiskey And really turned his at around. He was a very professional and nailed his vocals. His stage presence And performance were top notch and left nothing to be desired.

I spoke with Darren after the show and he was apologetic for the Whisky Show and was very thankful and humbled. He was pretty stoked about his performance. I spoke with Ronnie and he appeared to be very proud of him And was happy with the show. He told me how great the new album is and that they worked for 2 years on it. I also chatted with Jake and he was very nice and humble and thanked me for coming to the show and waiting for all those years to see him again. I got a pick and he autographed some of my records.

Everything Tonefiend said! It was amazing. It was like Jake never left, and the band just was so together. I really like Jonas. I thought he did an excellent job. Jake looked so happy up there; it was just great to see (and worth the 10-hour drive!)

They did sell T-shirts. They're black with a small logo in red on the front of RDC and then on the back a large logo. Nice shirt.

Tonefiend, thank you again for all your help with the info. We had such a great time, and I met some really nice people at the venue. I got down there, and I wanted to kick myself for not asking you to meet up so that we could say "hi!" I kept looking around thinking, wonder where he is???

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Tonefiend » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:13 am

aqharyder wrote:
Tonefiend wrote:Redemption! The San Diego show was amazing. The band was super tight and everybody sounded great. Jakes playing was even better tonight. He was every bit as good as he was when I saw him Back in 91 at the Bachanaal and in '89 in St. Paul

Everything Tonefiend said! It was amazing. It was like Jake never left, and the band just was so together. I really like Jonas. I thought he did an excellent job. Jake looked so happy up there; it was just great to see (and worth the 10-hour drive!)

They did sell T-shirts. They're black with a small logo in red on the front of RDC and then on the back a large logo. Nice shirt.

Tonefiend, thank you again for all your help with the info. We had such a great time, and I met some really nice people at the venue. I got down there, and I wanted to kick myself for not asking you to meet up so that we could say "hi!" I kept looking around thinking, wonder where he is???

Well you definitely picked the better show to see! It would have been cool to say hi. I was right in front, Best seat in the house. Here's a video I took from the show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_6TS6TqZM

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:30 pm

Well you definitely picked the better show to see! It would have been cool to say hi. I was right in front, Best seat in the house. Here's a video I took from the show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_6TS6TqZM

[/quote]

Wow, you did have the best seat; thank you for sharing the video, it's amazing! I was a bit behind you. I was over where the benches are on the right. Even though I had people in front of me, I'm fairly tall so I was able to see really well. I keep remembering the smile on his face - it was great to see him so happy.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:26 pm

I so Pleased things are Getting Better...Hopefully when RDC come to UK (and a local gig has just been announced!) next June it'll be PERFECT!

Postby Bluesman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 pm

Tonefiend wrote:
aqharyder wrote:
Tonefiend wrote:Well you definitely picked the better show to see! It would have been cool to say hi. I was right in front, Best seat in the house. Here's a video I took from the show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek_6TS6TqZM

Thanks for sharing your videos. Great quality! Hope you can upload some more :)

Love "the ultimate sin" at 1:23. Guitar slightly out of tune...a quick twist on the neck...Perfect! That´s Rock N´Roll!

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:25 pm

entire concert here ..... looks like a great show and wow jake singing back up on sun red sun :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuaehcnpfqM

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...