Jake in Guitar World

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Jake in Guitar World

Postby macheted01 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:35 pm

Looks like Jake and the Red Dragon Cartel will be in the upcoming issue of Guitar World. Feb. 2014 issue. Bummer that he is not pictured on the cover or one of the songs tabbed out. Instead they have Eddie Van Halen pictured for the hundredth time. Not sure what is all covered in the article, since I don't have it yet, but will be checking it out. Hopefully we will see more in a near future issue.

Re: Jake in Guitar World

Postby BeastFromTheEast » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:11 am

That's very cool he's going to be in that issue of Guitar World but why not on the cover? Eddie Van Halen gets way too much attention in all guitar magazines. I do like Eddie but Jake E. Lee is a better guitar player in my opinion and has been out of the spotlight for a long time so Guitar World needs to show him some dam respect that he deserves! I can't wait for the Red Dragon Cartel Cd to come out. Seeing them live would be great so long as the singer does'nt fuck up and have a bad show. Shit happens we will see...

All Access Member

Postby AUSAR » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:51 am

Awesome to see Jake in a guitar mag again! Yes I agree he should be on the cover. This is why I canceled my subscription, same players, same songs over and over again year after year! How many times do we need Panama and Crazy Babies tabbed? There are decades of awesome songs out there to choose from but it's just the same songs being tabbed. There it is my rant sorry...........in saying that I will be grabbing a copy just for Jake. :lol:

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:42 am

Yeah, I have tubs of GW's dating back to the late 80's. Unless it is a new song being tabbed out, I generally already have it. I have songs that have been printed repeatedly over the years. If you are a new subscriber that is great, but if you have been around, it really does suck. That's why anymore I just subscribe to the digital subscription on my IPad. I will pick up a hard copy of this issue though. I think they will give Jake some better coverage in the near future. Well, it would be the smart thing to do anyways.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:07 pm

I did not get my physical issue of GW yet, but did get the digital issue. So, I was expecting an article that has been covered by most of his recent interviews. Anybody, that has been paying attention to Jake lately will have already read a lot of what is covered, but they do step outside the normal read, a bit. Basically, anybody that has been around this site for quite some time will already know everything that is covered. I think it is a good re-introduction to Jake though, especially for those that don't know or just slipped by. Maybe, once the RDC release hits the shelves, they will offer a little more. I would hope.

Postby axeman_12656 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Yeah, I agree with you guys. If this were 1990 I think they would have tabbed out DECIEVED. But these days it's the same ole stuff over and over.

I was also disappointed to once again see Eddie on the cover. But at least Jake has a nice piece in the issue. That could really help push the album.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:06 pm

:D :P 8) That's awesome a nice in-depth Interview on JAKE E. LEE and his new music-groove quest with his band RED DRAGON CARTEL: and "yes" I agree it would be fantastic to see him featured on the well established GUITAR WORLD Magazine Cover, and hopefully before this year is out he will be (on the Feature Cover) with that 2014 TOUR of his. :twisted: But in the meantime JAKE has a solid Spotlight, too. Cool, I'll be on the lookout for it at my fave Book/News/Magazine etc.,. Barnes and Noble Store. I found by great "surprise" that BARNES and NOBLE also have for purchase/pre-order (like AMAZON) Jake E. Lee's new CD Red Dragon Cartel (release date late January 2014) in their fine establishment as well. Can't wait!!! :mrgreen:

Postby axeman_12656 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:05 pm

I finally got out to pick this up tonight. I'm extremely excited they gave Jake some due and did the piece on him. But like we all stated above I wish he had the cover. I think he deserves that. But, oh well

But, I have to say, I think it was a bit up a slap in his face to also run a feature story on Ozzy and Zakk and the first album they recorded together AFTER ZAKK REPLACED JAKE. And then to have tabs from an Ozzy / Zakk tune and no tabs from Jake. At the very least they should have thrown the tabs for Bark At The Moon on there. Just seems like fishy timing to me. I think it was just a lure to get all the Ozzy fans to pick up the issue. It had articles on Ozzy, Zakk and Jake all in the same issue.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Shadow wrote::D :P 8) That's awesome a nice in-depth Interview on JAKE E. LEE and his new music-groove quest with his band RED DRAGON CARTEL: and "yes" I agree it would be fantastic to see him featured on the well established GUITAR WORLD Magazine Cover, and hopefully before this year is out he will be (on the Feature Cover) with that 2014 TOUR of his. :twisted: But in the meantime JAKE has a solid Spotlight, too. Cool, I'll be on the lookout for it at my fave Book/News/Magazine etc.,. Barnes and Noble Store. I found by great "surprise" that BARNES and NOBLE also have for purchase/pre-order (like AMAZON) Jake E. Lee's new CD Red Dragon Cartel (release date late January 2014) in their fine establishment as well. Can't wait!!! :mrgreen:

A vintage treasure Issue GUITAR WORLD Magazine/February 2014: the da Oge/JAKE E. LEE is beaming, so so proud of him/his genuine through and through. For Real!!! Great down to Earth Interview with such a Trailblazing legend Virturoso-JAKE E. LEE: glad his back :!: 8) Peace. Alot of trailblazin' Musicians featured in this Issue and I highly respect each of them. God Bless. And hope to see "more" features on JAKE and next time around would love to see him on some of those esteem Guitar Covers. Awesome!!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...