Greg Chaisson filling in on bass in Tempe

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Greg Chaisson filling in on bass in Tempe

Postby unomundo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:19 pm

From RDC website: "Red Dragon Cartel Co-founder/Co-Producer/Songwriter/Bassist Ronnie Mancuso who is rumored to be in the studio with Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley will not be playing the March 5th RDC Tempe, AZ gig at the Marquee.

Former Badlands Bassist Greg Chaisson will be filling in for that gig on a set list that should please the many longtime Badlands fans. Ronnie will reunite with the band for their world tour, which begins March 11th in El Paso Texas."

Re: Greg Chaisson filling in on bass in Tempe

Postby bauerserves » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Can't make it to Arizona but if someone would post some pics or a video of the show that would be Awesome! I was at Bogarts in Cincinnati back in 91 I think and a guy had thrown a bottle on stage and Jake stopped the show and Greg pointed the guy out and said " Bring him back stage I'll kick his f____n ass . The place went nuts and Jake played a solo that I swear was not human. Jake was amidst the gods and the sounds and feeling blew away anything Pagey, Hendrix, I am hear to say anyone has ever played or will ever played and I can't even explain it ! It was by far the most incredible ride I have ever been on. BLOWN AWAY! Even still. He went for it and not only got it but became a god to me and the few thousand that were there. To have them 2 on stage again is gonna be right up there and hope someone posts some goodies! Love u Big Greg! Is he oilcan postings on you tube?

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:47 pm

Thank you for sharing!

Dig the shirt...love the playing....and I loves me some Greg! But I really love the smile that seems to be on Jake's face now when he plays. Fantastic to see him happy!
I'm not suffering from my addiction to Jake E. Lee - I'm enjoying every minute of it!

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:31 am

Sounded effin Brilliant!..hope Greg plays UK shows 'cause that other bloke is Rather drab! Roll on June 7th!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby AZFF » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Charvelised wrote:Sounded effin Brilliant!..hope Greg plays UK shows 'cause that other bloke is Rather drab! Roll on June 7th!

Charvel,
I believe it was just a one-off show in Tempe, AZ while Ronnie tended to some other business that he had.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:47 am

Maybe, Ron is brilliant. He is heavily credited for being responsible for breaking Jake back into the scene. Maybe he scheduled this recording with Ace at this time on purpose. Greg gets a taste of the action and see's the response from others, Maybe all it takes to get him back out and on the move. Even if it is a different project it would be great to Have Greg back in the music world. Him and Jake gel so well together though.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:04 pm

Ahh, man my whole re-ply Post disappeared and now I have to recall recall what I wrote and type it again: Oh well. :? Here we go da Oge JAKE (BADLANDS, RDC fans).

HEAVY emotions and so thrilled to see two legendary BADLANDS Jake E. Lee-Guitars and Greg Chaisson-Bass join forces again!!! And how so cool of the RDC Bassist Ronnie Mancuso to pick Mr. Chaisson to fill in for him/due to prior committment (working w/another Trailblazer legend Ace Frehley formerly of KISS) when he couldn't do the Tempe Arizona Concert this past March 5th, 2014. The live RED DRAGON CARTEL (DJ Smith-sounds awesome, Jonas-awesome, Greg-looking solid and Jake, solid and Trailblazing groover all the way) performance of BADLANDS Rumblin' Train was outta-sight!! Thanks for sharing. RED DRAGON Cartel has an pretty impressive UK/USA Tour 2014 ahead of them and wish JAKE and his band much success, security and a grooven good time on their World-Wide Tour: Godbless. peace.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...