Van Halen

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Van Halen

Postby rockinrye » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:04 pm

They are rumoured too be the next band too be part of the " Rockstar" series :?:

The band flat out denies it , on their web page :!: :!:

Does this mean they are doing it :?:

I f not Van Halen , then who :?:

Re: Van Halen

Postby Fretman » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:48 pm

rockinrye wrote:They are rumoured too be the next band too be part of the " Rockstar" series :?:

The band flat out denies it , on their web page :!: :!:

Does this mean they are doing it :?:

I f not Van Halen , then who :?:

Total BS. I don't have inside knowledge but I would think VH would just get DLR back in the band before subjecting themselves and their legacy to such crap.

It's probably Ozzy's band looking for a new singer! :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:41 am

Fretman wrote:
"It's probably Ozzy's band looking for a new singer!"

Good one Fretman!!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:53 am

unfortunatly VH's "legacy " is already crap and rapidly decomposing at that.
I hate to say that, givin that Ed is the reason whyI started playing 20+ years ago but the boys just ain't happenin no more and the window for the DLR reunion is closing quickly( Roth has openly said on his talk show that he wants to do it so they can close that chapter and give relavance and cred to their future endevors what ever they may be. Ed is the one holding up the show.
Oh well, hopefully Ed is using this time to clean himself up and get his life in order. he at least deserves that much....

Sidebar- where in League city are you fretman? Im in Seabrook.

Postby Fretman » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:52 am

I'm on the west side of I-45 off of 518.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:25 pm

I actually enjoyed the Rock Star show, but not because I'm an INXS fan. I really enjoyed the undiscovered vocal talent, but I'm a vocal guy.

I can't really see VH doing that for some reason.....then there's a part of me that really wouldn't put anything past them these days!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:34 pm

unfortunatly VH's "legacy " is already crap and rapidly decomposing at that.

True that. Go to ClassicRockRevisited.com, and read the Hagar interview. He goes on about Ed, and the last gig of the 2004 tour, had to be separated. Came to fistcuffs, or close. Mike A plays often with Hagar live. Call themselves "The Other Half". The VHIII release is just an Eddie VH solo album, with Alex, Mike, and Gary Cherone backing him up. Shouldn't have called it a "VH" album. He looks like shit nowadays. Supposidely, he'
s sober, but who knows? Mental issues there. A victim of his fame, like Jacko. Believes his own press. Still like VH, but dunno about Ed's current state of being. What's Alex doing? As the older sibling, would smack him into shape. But maybe it's not possible. Just my opinion....no offense intended.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:38 pm

Jiver wrote:unfortunatly VH's "legacy " is already crap and rapidly decomposing at that.

True that. Go to ClassicRockRevisited.com, and read the Hagar interview. He goes on about Ed, and the last gig of the 2004 tour, had to be separated. Came to fistcuffs, or close. Mike A plays often with Hagar live. Call themselves "The Other Half". The VHIII release is just an Eddie VH solo album, with Alex, Mike, and Gary Cherone backing him up. Shouldn't have called it a "VH" album. He looks like shit nowadays. Supposidely, he'
s sober, but who knows? Mental issues there. A victim of his fame, like Jacko. Believes his own press. Still like VH, but dunno about Ed's current state of being. What's Alex doing? As the older sibling, would smack him into shape. But maybe it's not possible. Just my opinion....no offense intended.

8O Wow...No offense taken.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:21 pm

Has anybody seen Eddie lately 8O ? From the way he looks i dont think we will ever here anything from ol VH again.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:59 pm

harddriver wrote:Has anybody seen Eddie lately 8O ? From the way he looks i dont think we will ever here anything from ol VH again.

"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:21 pm

THAT is a SAD ass pic of Ed. Looks like his upper teeth are all gone, and the lowers rotted out. Have met elderly ppl with better oral conditions than this. SAD.....hopefully, he's not at Death's door....

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:43 pm

MetalHead wrote:
harddriver wrote:Has anybody seen Eddie lately 8O ? From the way he looks i dont think we will ever here anything from ol VH again.

8O OMG!!!
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:34 am

Yep, that's from years of abusing his body and taking no prisoners when it came to the party scene! Geeze....

Dio probably has close to twenty years on the guy and he looks much better IMO!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:41 am

Is that a condom he is holding?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:43 am

mrmetal wrote:Is that a condom he is holding?

I do believe you're correct sir! Eddie, Eddie, Eddie :roll: Why would he divorce his wife anyway? Valerie is an attractive lady and stood by her dumbass husband for years.

Next

Return to Free for all...