Hit Parader: All Time Top 100 Heavy Metal Guitarists

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Hit Parader: All Time Top 100 Heavy Metal Guitarists

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:17 pm

I’ve had this “special” Hit Parader: All Time Top 100 Heavy Metal Guitarists (Dec 2005) magazine issue extravaganza since early December 2005 of last year. It’s a “fantastic” special Guitar issue highlighting many heavy Rockin’ Musician*s talents in the Guitar Field that totally trailblazed the Music Industry in all their “fame” amazing glory: I’m thrilled that legendary Rebel Rocker Jake E. Lee (Ozzy Osbourne & Badlands, also Wicked Alliance, etc.,.) is #61 and is mention often in this mighty heavy Top 100 Heavy Metal Guitarists list that also has The Edge (U2) is #55, Ace Frehley (Kiss & Frehley Comets) is #35, the Bang A Gong man Marc Bolan is (T-Rex) is #66, Tracii Guns (Guns & Roses and LA Guns) is #63, Slash (Guns & Roses and Velvet Revolver) is #14, Zakk Wylde (Ozzy Osbourne & Black Label Society) is #29, Tom Morello (Rage Against the Machine & Audioslave) is #26, Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen) is #1, Randy Rhoads (Ozzy Osbourne & Quiet Riot) is #7, Robin Trower is #81, Adrian Vandenberg (Whitesnake) is #71, Jimmy Hendrix is #2 and Angus Young is #4, Rudolf Schenker (Scorpians) is #42 etc.,. The list is mighty heavy of great talents in this special Hit Parader All Time Top 100 Heavy Metal Guitarists (Dec 2005). Also there’s an array of sub-Category Titles Top 10 Guitarists listing within this special issue: which mentions in the “All Time Top 10 Guitarists of the 80’s JAKE E. LEE is #5 Jake E. Lee/Ozzy Osbourne” and “All Time Top 10 OZZY Affiliated Guitarists-Jake E. Lee is #3.” Plus there’s a really cool vintage live in action pic of Jake E. Lee during his BADLANDS trailblazing days that acknowledges the Rebel Guitarist/Musician as one of the “best” Blues based players to emerge out of the LA Metal scene of the 80’s and anxiously awaits his return to the Spotlight, soon!! :D This is an “awesome” Guitarists/Musicians special issue Dec 2005 from Hit Parader, Peace!

Killer of Giants

Re: Hit Parader: All Time Top 100 Heavy Metal Guitarists

Postby stratattack » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:23 am

thats cool jake made the top 5
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:53 pm

I really don't like how they rate guitarists like that... But it's interesting to see though.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:33 am

johnthebrucelee wrote:I really don't like how they rate guitarists like that... But it's interesting to see though.

I don't like it either nor do I care ;)
The list will never end up they way I'd like it to anyway :(
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:56 pm

MetalHead wrote:
johnthebrucelee wrote:I really don't like how they rate guitarists like that... But it's interesting to see though.

I don't like it either nor do I care ;)
The list will never end up they way I'd like it to anyway :(

It will never please everyone, as everyone has different tastes, and if everyone of us done it, I am sure we would all end up with a diff order as well. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:05 pm

The Edge (#55) beat out Tracii (#63)??!! WTF! The Edge ain't Heavy Metal! That Hack can barely f**king play! :x

Disclaimer: Just my own personal opinion and was not meant to offend any U2 fans...I like some U2 songs too. Sorry,but the Edge just ain't metal!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:26 pm

Deansolo wrote:The Edge (#55) beat out Tracii (#63)??!! WTF! The Edge ain't Heavy Metal! That Hack can barely f**king play! :x

Disclaimer: Just my own personal opinion and was not meant to offend any U2 fans...I like some U2 songs too. Sorry,but the Edge just ain't metal!
Dude i hear ya :x I hate U2 and that little tree huggin hippy fag Bono. If you think Metal Edge is bad you should see what that lame ass Rolling Stone does with their list. Jake and Randy didnt even make the list and they had that Prozac Freak Curt Cobain like at # 5 or something. Somebody needs to get U2 and R.E.M together and when they are having a big gay orgy with eachother lob a Grenade into the Hotel room and blow those 2 fag bands back to Gayville where they started the whole gay rock scene with Matcbox 20 and Dave Matthews and all them goons. :x anyway thats all i have 4 now.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:30 am

That's great that Jake made it so high on the list!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:35 pm

harddriver wrote:
Deansolo wrote:Rolling Stone does with their list. Jake and Randy didnt even make the list and they had that Prozac Freak Curt Cobain like at # 5 or something.

WHAT?!?!? 8O How can Jake & Randy not even make that list?? Of the 3 most well-known Ozzy axemen, Zakk is the one I just never really got into. How many guitarists will say that Randy was a huge influence on them...then when Roling Stone comes out & not even a mention? Incredible!

Everyone made such a huge deal over Kurt Cobain during the 90's. One mag even called him "the Jim Morrison of our Time"!! To which *I* say: "WTF?!?!" I can't STAND Nirvana & they were among the top of the list of Who Killed Heavy Metal. Certianly Randy & Jake influenced far more people than Cobain.

And, before everyone jumps on the "FireandRain-just-trashed-Wylde & Cobain - let's-'er!" bandwagon...these are my opinions. In no way am I saying they aren't accomplished. I can listen to Wylde, it's just his playing didn't really strike a chord in me the way others have. However, David Gilmour is one of my faves, yet somone else will consider him boring. It's all personal opinion....that's why there are different lists with different ranking.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:03 pm

It's a pretty cool magazine "special" issue/Dec 2005 that Hit Parader put out concerning the "All Time Top 100 Heavy Metal Guitarists" and I was thrilled to see Rebel legend Guitarist/Writer Jake E. Lee as I've mentioned in my main Topic post message "above" to be acknowledged (quite a few times!) in this heavy Masters Guitar list gathering along with other great Guitarists as I've mentioned above. For sure the music talents of Guitarist/Musician Jake E. Lee certainly trailblazed the 80's (and 90's) & "continues" to do so! Also mentioned are Joe Satriani his #39, Nuno Bettencourt is #64, Lita Ford is #54 & Pioneer Blues Rocker Johnny Winter is #74, etc.,. Awesome mighty list of trailblazing talents! Peace.

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:18 pm

FireandRain wrote:
harddriver wrote:
Deansolo wrote:Rolling Stone does with their list. Jake and Randy didnt even make the list and they had that Prozac Freak Curt Cobain like at # 5 or something.

WHAT?!?!? 8O How can Jake & Randy not even make that list?? Of the 3 most well-known Ozzy axemen, Zakk is the one I just never really got into. How many guitarists will say that Randy was a huge influence on them...then when Roling Stone comes out & not even a mention? Incredible!

Everyone made such a huge deal over Kurt Cobain during the 90's. One mag even called him "the Jim Morrison of our Time"!! To which *I* say: "WTF?!?!" I can't STAND Nirvana & they were among the top of the list of Who Killed Heavy Metal. Certianly Randy & Jake influenced far more people than Cobain.

And, before everyone jumps on the "FireandRain-just-trashed-Wylde & Cobain - let's-'er!" bandwagon...these are my opinions. In no way am I saying they aren't accomplished. I can listen to Wylde, it's just his playing didn't really strike a chord in me the way others have. However, David Gilmour is one of my faves, yet somone else will consider him boring. It's all personal opinion....that's why there are different lists with different ranking.

Randy Rhoads made the list on the rolling stones but he was... 85..
Tony Iommi was 86
Eddie Van Halen was 70
Kirk Hammet was like 11 or something
Many well known dudes (including marty friedman, george lynch, and Jake E lee) were cut out...

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:54 am

RandyRhoadsRules! wrote:
FireandRain wrote:
harddriver wrote:

Randy Rhoads made the list on the rolling stones but he was... 85..
Tony Iommi was 86
Eddie Van Halen was 70
Kirk Hammet was like 11 or something
Many well known dudes (including marty friedman, george lynch, and Jake E lee) were cut out...

Well, for whatever my opinion is worth, apparently this is very inaccurate poll! You don't cut out Marty Friedman, George Lynch, and Jake! That's just plain stupid!

I'll state my opinion toward Nirvana. They just plain sounded different from everything else that was out at the time. David Groul is a great drummer, but for the other two, give me a break! If that's talent, then I don't want any part of it!

Some people say they were innovative. Innovative of what? In my opinion, they were a garage band that happened to be at the right place at the right time, and apparetly talked to the right people! That's just my opinion though.....I'm sure they'll be someone on here that will disagree, and that's fine.

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:23 am

Kurt cobain got like 12.. Yeah.. Keith Richards got pretty high as well. I believe Zakk wylde made a complaint at the guy who formed the list. So Rolling stones had to make a change or something. I dunno ill find the link. Just google Zakk wylde and 100 greatest guitarists :D

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:37 am

Top 10 ALL-TIME Suck Guitar Wannabe ass wipe Magazines
1. HIT PARADER

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:28 am

Nirvana like it or not was one of the four or five bands that killed hair metal and brought in the grunge era. They also did alot for the sale of flannel shirts, regardless, they were an innovative band for their time and helped define music of the 90s. I happen to appreciate Nirvana and grunge in general from that time. So I have no problems with Kurt being on the list. He was a good songwriter.

The Edge on the other hand is the worst fuckin' guitar player ever. What in the hell would he do without his delay pedal? U2 wasn't that good and Rolling Stone has compared them to Led Zeppelin! :( WTF???? Not only did they compare U2 to the Rock Gods, they also do a lot to pimp Bono as some kind of political messiah. This last issue has people holding signs saying "Bono for President of the UN". Whatever....

Next

Return to Free for all...