This Doesn't Look Good Folks

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

This Doesn't Look Good Folks

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:31 pm

To all Jake fans and memorabilia collectors:
This is not a "good sign"

JakeELee.com has been given exclusive permission to help sell off personal items from the Williams family estate. These items include several personal items of Jake's that are unclaimed and therefore unwanted by the family. Close friends of the family are looking to sell off these items and generate some revenue for Jade, Jake's daughter, and ultimately Sharon, Jake's granddaughter. I've been told that Jake doesn't want any of the items, so they can now be passed on to those fans who will cherish them most. JakeELee.com visitors will have the first chance to purchase the items before they are listed on eBay as a last resort.

I expect to be in possession of a detailed listing and photos of the items that will be up for sale in a few days. The items will appear under the Memorabilia section in the main menu as they become available. Paypal will be the preferred payment method. Stay tuned...

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: This Doesn't Look Good Folks

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:34 pm

I saw this on the News Section posted by jefnel1.

What gives?

When is the rebel rocker gonna come out of the woodwork and make some tunes again other than goofy covers/tribute albums?

Waiting for Jake is like waiting for the housing bubble to burst. Slow drawn out process with maybe unfruitfull results.

I have really given up hope on our hero.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:36 pm

he is my favorite guitar player and the best guitar player that ever graced Ozzy's band but I can't help but sense doom on the horizon.

Normally when people go selling off their stuff, that's not a good sign.

I'm worried.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:47 pm

Isn't that the stuff that got left in his parents house
after their passing ?!

Well, I'll let Jeff get this one.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:48 pm

Yeah but if you read between the lines, it hints of Jake being isolated from family/friends etc.... which is never good any way you slice it.

Like I said Jake is the best, but sometimes I really hate being a jake e lee fan. Out of all the people I chose to follow, why did i have to really admire the work of a guy who is as reclusive as a Bigfoot and doesn't play out anymore?

I dare say I have a better chance of seeing Vito Bratta do a tour and play live than I do Jake E. Lee -that should tell you something.

What would be goodnews is:

1) Jake endorsed by new guitar
2) Jake forms band
3) Jake tours

I don't even understand how jake can make a living with so little output. What does Jake do for a living now??? It isn't playing guitar obviously.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:07 pm

Alkeys wrote:1) Jake endorsed by new guitar

Isn't pedals and pickups enough?
He's in the new ESP catalog for 2006 too :!:

Alkeys wrote:2) Jake forms band

I think Retraced is pretty close.

Alkeys wrote:3) Jake tours

Those who wait.

... don't be a hater ...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:10 pm

Shit happens with Family.That said, im very interested in whats for sale here, and if it helps out his family, good for them.

BTW, one of your things on your list is being worked on.It is going slow as anything to do with Jake has a habit of doing.He is endorsing CATS EYES pedals and some other things in the works.

Jake is the Howard Hughes of heavy metal, what are ya gonna do?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:58 pm

I hope you're right.

Because this is damn depressing being a Jake E. Lee fan.

I mean everyone from George Lynch to Andy LaRocque to Warren DeMartini are still "doing stuff" either clinics, albums or producing or whatever.

I would seriously like to know what Jake E. Lee does for a living these days.

Knowing Ozzy he's not collecting any kind of royalties.

I hope he does something soon. Maybe he won the lottery or something and we just dont' know it and he's living off of lottery money.

Seriously if all these rockstars are still doing stuff like making albums, touring, etc.. it is their living after all- that's how they get money.

I don't see how jake is making a living these days.

Hell I don't even think he's the kind of guy to give music lessons or anything. That would be great though if you could look in the yellowpages of Nevada and find him doing music lessons. I'd be happy for him and that is a good legitimate living, but I don't see what he's doing.

You're either still in the music biz or you decided to do something else:
run a coffee shop, computer programmer, be an electrician, give music lessons, work in tv and film or whatever countless other rock musicians have done when they hang it up.

The only one i know who can afford to sit on his ass and output absolutely zero are guys like Eddie Van Halen who is just rotting away cause he's sold all the records he ever needs to sell.

Maybe all those rumors a long time ago about Jake marrying some rich lady and being a kept man are true. Cause he's obviously not hungry or we'd see him out there.

I don't get it.

Phil Soussan is still a hard working musician and countless other legends like Simon Philips etc... tearing it up at the baked potato for fun. You don't even see Jake E. Lee with those guys. I expected him to do something like those guys were- just have fun at least and not even that. Damn....

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:47 pm

Dude, there's nothing to get.

Jake lives in Las Vegas with his lady Gigi. He's notorious for not returning calls and e-mails. He has a record deal with Shrapnel and released a great album last year.

He is still respected in the industry enough where legendary musicians such as Aynsly Dunbar and Tim Bogert were happy to be his rythym section. He seems to not like to do interviews, probably because he gets the same questions (Ozzy, etc.)over and over. He has a couple of endorsements deals ("these days I only do ads/endorsements for companies I can really get behind, which is you guys (Cats-eye), and Dave Stephens pickups"), and supposedly a couple more in the works.

He still plays guitar regularly and has a couple amps at the house. He also tinkers around making pedals and stuff like a lot of us players do. He picked out stuff to use on Retraced from Mike Varneys extensive collection of vintage gear... That may explain why he may be getting rid of some of his old gear, although thats just speculation.

His parents recently passed away, when that happens there is usually an estate sale(s) in some form or another.

And lastly, what he does for a living, other than make records, is really none of our business. He's a regular guy, like you and me, who has a family, and a life, and a right to some privacy. And we should all be thankfull that he's still with us (alot of the greats aren't) and making records, however sporadic.

Anyway, I hope I didn't come off as harsh..and I apologize if I offended anyone.

Dean
Last edited by Deansolo on Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:44 am

I do think people forget "Rockstars" "Filmstars" are people too!
Jake is Obviously an emotional person, One senses that in his playing!
Emotion makes him creative..but also makes the trivialities of touring and interviews seem pointless!
I think Jake has given enough great music to do whatever he desires and on his own terms!

Postby jefnel1 » Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:47 am

I agree wholeheartedly with Deansolo. I get emails from site members all the time asking for Jake's email, asking what he's doing and when he's going to tour, where he lives, etc. Everyone needs to understand that Jake is under no obligation to do anything - he's his own person and has already done enough to gain our respect. Just because someone throws you a bone from time to time doesn't mean you'll get the whole turkey some day. (Bad analogy, but speaks the point.)

If you were Jake, and read posts like the one in this thread, would you bother to chime in and defend yourself? I sure wouldn't. Personally, I think that Jake is doing the right thing - keeping all his fans guessing. That's what makes him so interesting.

To think if Jake was under label or management pressure to put out a stale and rushed album every year, we'd probably lose interest pretty quick. If Jake wants to put out something great every 5-10 years, I'll take it.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:55 am

I Agree with Jeff and Dean we need to just wait for all we know he maybe rehersing iwth a dream line up that will shock us all!
Lets wait and see!

Besides I would rather have a band or guy like jake take his time and only make records when the time is right for them because they don't get burned out and they dont put out the same old rehashed stuff that everyone will be sick of .

Its good that jake takes his time because it'll be done rightand Mike varney isn't your normal record exec he is a brother musician who gets it! he gives his atrist full creative control.

I say lets wait some more because something tells me we will be more then happy with the results.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:44 am

I love to listen to Jake E. Lee when he's banging on a guitar as much as any of you guys, but I think that we should keep our heads together and resist falling apart on this one. He's a man who is hopefully able to get what he needs/do what he must and is confronted with a daily truckload of choices, as we all are.
I have no doubt that whining about not seeing him, Alkeys, and trying to weedle your way into his personal life won't get you any closer to your intimately grand and glorious image of "Jake E. Lee - Rock Star." Obviously, whatever is happening in his personal life is his to contend with. And, on a human note, we should, perhaps, be more attentive to another person's needs. Particularly, a hero's! Otherwise . . . have ( or, rather, "give") a little respect.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:20 am

Alkeys, I understand your frustration with Jake, so there's nothing wrong with you feeling that way. With that said, you've said a few things that are wrong in your thread. Honestly, Jake doesn't owe us anything, especially when it has to do with his personal life.

Yeah, I'd like to see Jake on the cover of every guitar/metal mag, touring constantly, throwing out records left and right, etc. In reality, I don't think that's ever going to happen. Eventhough, I do think Jake will tour again. When? Your guess is as good as mine.

The bottom line is, Jake isn't a full-time musician. Who knows, he might be working on new material now.

One thing that I would like to know is, how well Retraced has sold so far? I'm hoping that it's done well, if so, that might encourage Jake to put out new material, quicker.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:35 am

Sorry I didn't take my meds yesterday.

I appologize to everyone.

I just get bummed cause there's all these great bands that we can't see live anymore because they are actually dead or don't exist.

We all know Jake is alive and well.

I'd just like to see him on a tour that's all. - I never got to see him back in the day.

Sorry all I was being a jackass.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...