What does Jake do for a living these days?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

What does Jake do for a living these days?

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:35 pm

Any ideas?

I'm a big Jake fan and love his music an I think he was the best guitar player that ever graced Ozzy's band and 80s metal in general but since he doesn't really put out any albums other than tribute albums/cover albums and he doesn't tour and he doesn't produce and he probably doesn't get a ton of royalties if any knowing how Ozzy and co are so greedy.

Here's what some of my other favorite musicians are doing these days:

Andy LaRocque: (my tied for 1st place with Jake favorite guitar player)
Producer and Studio owner in Gothenburg- produces albums like Evergrey, endorses Caparison guitars, still tours with King Diamond etc..

Vito Bratta:
Apparently lives on Long Island and is into Real Estate

Others let's see, Phil Soussan:
makes albums, Bob Daisley, makes albums, George Lynch: makes albums, has an online guitar lessons. Warren DeMartini: makes albums, plays out, Steve Lukather: still plays, see him at the Baked Potato with guys like Virgil Donati and Simon Philips every now and again.

I mean someone just tell me Jake is a carpenter now or runs a coffee shop or something or gives music lessons. Those are all honorable professions.

Cause he didn't make enough money to live off of for the rest of his life doing what he did with Ozzy or Badlands that's for sure and if he did he wouldn't have to auction off stuff for his daughter and granddaughter.

Just tell me he gives music lessons or something.

The only one i really know of that's just truly rotting away is Eddie Van Halen cause he's already made enough albums. I mean Diamond Dave is a paramedic and hosts a radio show.

I'm 2 seconds away from giving up on Jake E. Lee forever. I mean we all love him but still I think if there was ever one guitar player that let down his fans, wow he was it.

Its really hard to realize your heros let you down.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: What does Jake do for a living these days?

Postby BadSeed » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:08 pm

Dude, HE is not auctioning off anything, his parents ESTATE are doing it.That my friend is controled by lawyers whose job is to liquidate all remaining assests for the beneficiaries. Jake isnt doing anything.He took from the house what he wanted and everyting else is up for grabs.They did an estate sale at the house around a year ago, so it will be interesting to see what didnt sell then.

If you are coming here and getting frustrated about Jakes life these days, you will look like a dog chasing his tail. As Dio would say "its always a mystery". The only people who know whats going on, dont come here and post.They hardly contact the site owner either.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:59 pm

You said:
The only people who know whats going on, dont come here and post.They hardly contact the site owner either.

Well that's kind of lame since I could go to
Stephen Pearcy's website or George Lynch's website or Andy LaRocque's website and find out what's going on with any one of them, what tour dates they are playing oh and if I wanted to pay them lots of $$$ I can even contact their management and have them do a gig.

uh...... what's with jake???? why so reclusive?????

Does jake even have management these days???

It's like either do music or don't ya know??? but don't do this like half-assed whatever he's doing.

Either hang it up and do something else, or do music ya know??? That's what i say- just my oppinion of course and

Maybe he married some rich lady or inherited a ton of $ or something.
Ok done with my rant.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:07 pm

Sorry it's just weird that he has pickups, maybe a possible guitar endorsement on the way and stuff but no tour grrrrrrr....
that's all

at least with Vito it's like "i'm not doing music anymore, i'm into real estate and live in new york"

and i'm like " oh ok i get it cool. good luck to you then dude."

but with Jake it's this constant teasing with all these little pieces- endorsements, some dude from cats eye doing pedals for him , pickups, covers albums, occasional sightings in Nevada like a Yeti or Bigfoot etc...
He's like the friggin Nevada desert version of a Yeti/Bigfoot/Sasquatch

He should just come on here and tell us what he's up to and set it straight.
Everyone has wondered for 10 years now what's up.

Alright i'm done being a whiney bitch. sorry for my dumb ass.

Postby Fretman » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:23 pm

Dude...you need to take a deep breath and just relax. Jake has multiple endorsements in the pipeline and he just released a record last year. That is the most activity we've seen from him in quite some time. If he is back in the endorsement game then he is active. He's not going to go tour on his own dime, that wouldn't make much sense. Jake has always done things on his own terms, not yours or mine. I suggest you go grab a cold brew, put on Badlands S/T and just let it go. All will be well in the end. :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:24 pm

I just can't believe that Jake didnt want the marshalls !
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:39 pm

stratattack wrote:I just can't believe that Jake didnt want the marshalls !

Dude, I'm sure he doesn't want to hassle with 'em anymore. If you could go in and pick out your gear from a collection of 1000+ guitars, 400+ vintage amps and other stuff before you record, wouldn't you get rid of all the stuff that didn't trip your trigger anymore? Besides, bringing amps out of storage and getting them ready to work again is a bitch.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:50 am

Remember people were saying this about Beethoven and Mozart!
Genuis is a strange malady Look at Dali and Van Gogh, William Blake, Artaud! all Strange Dudes ..But Great Creative Souls!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:44 am

Did i miss something about his gear for sale?

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:13 am

Dean you made a great point I just thought about the plexi I had to retube after I had it in stroage for a year THAT SUCKED!!! so yah yah got a point indeed.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:36 am

Sorry I didn't take my meds yesterday.

I appologize to everyone.

I just get bummed cause there's all these great bands that we can't see live anymore because they are actually dead or don't exist.

We all know Jake is alive and well.

I'd just like to see him on a tour that's all. - I never got to see him back in the day.

Sorry all I was being a jackass.

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:57 pm

It would be cool if Jake can give a message to his fans. :o

Postby jefnel1 » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:27 am

He did...check the liner notes of "Retraced"

"to all at JakeELee.com, thank you for all the support."
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:00 am

Charvelised wrote:Remember people were saying this about Beethoven and Mozart!
Genuis is a strange malady Look at Dali and Van Gogh, William Blake, Artaud! all Strange Dudes ..But Great Creative Souls!

Isn't it kind of a stretch to put a rock guitarist in the same company as this compilation? It's just rock n' roll, don't take it too seriously folks.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:40 am

speaking of elusive guitarists ... Akira Takasaki ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...