Can I rant fer a sec?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Can I rant fer a sec?

Postby Jiver » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:02 am

I know I am a "newbie", but I'd like to express some stuff, please. Besides, b/f all had to register, I was on this here site, posting away. That was 3-5 yrs ago.

Alkeys seems "bummed" about Jake not being in the spotlight, accessible, et al. I liken Jake to many classic rockers that have chosen to take time off for whatever reason. When I went to myspace.com, and read up his daughter Jade's space, she hit it on the head when she said, "Difficult life to live being famous, takes alot out of you, etc"...something like that. Fame is fleeting. When Alk asked "what does Jake do nowadays"? I thought, the guy doesn't need to present his financial portfolio to the world. I've taken Music Business classes in college. NOT that it makes me knowledgable about the industry, but if you take care of your money, you can build a sound future. Playing with Ozzy on 2 releases, touring, endorsements, etc, he's got some bank. He's played on international releases in Japan, like Billy Sheehan has. Bottom line, I'm sure Dude has enough to be fine for the rest of his days. Chooses to work when he wants to, when it suits his fancy.

Look at all the classic rock acts out there. Even the 80's and now 90's acts considered to be "classic rock". They are out there playing in smaller venues, clubs, etc..and go away for years, only to resurface. Jake's kinda in that category as well. B.O.C. tours every so often. What does Buck Dharma do when he's not touring/making CD's? Get it? Poison, Warrant, Slaughter, Bang Tango, list goes on...

Have a taped video from the 90's called, "It came from the 80's". Anyone remember seeing that on MTV? The guitarist in Kix had to go back to commercial painting. All the gigs, the Platinum album with "Close your Eyes" gold single (according to the RIAA.com), and dude's blue collaring it!!!So, don't do drugs, manage that money, and chill on life.

Thanks. Peace out....and CRANK UP Voodoo Highway. It is, IMO, Jake's best work, next to BATM. Anyone catch that American Idol guy, BO BICE, do his rendition of "In a Dream"? Last season? Ppl who saw it, said it was a "great song", thought it was a gospel song. Ppl I work with. So, had to bring Voodoo CD into work next day, play the original, and blow them away. Ppl never heard of "Badlands", but when I explained who they were, Jake's band, Jake used to play with Ozzy, then ppl were like, "Oh". The Ozzy connection got them. Anyhoo, I'm out...

Killer of Giants

Re: Can I rant fer a sec?

Postby frethead » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:57 am

Excellent post, Jiver. Thank you for that rant/ commentary/ blog/ whatever. I, too, have been a member here for five/ six years, but you shouldn't take it that you must be accepted by the Order of the Serpentine or some silly shit like that in-order to give your spiel. So, step up to the plate, bud!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:12 am

Jiver wrote:I know I am a "newbie", but I'd like to express some stuff, please. Besides, b/f all had to register, I was on this here site, posting away. That was 3-5 yrs ago.

Alkeys seems "bummed" about Jake not being in the spotlight, accessible, et al. I liken Jake to many classic rockers that have chosen to take time off for whatever reason. When I went to myspace.com, and read up his daughter Jade's space, she hit it on the head when she said, "Difficult life to live being famous, takes alot out of you, etc"...something like that. Fame is fleeting. When Alk asked "what does Jake do nowadays"? I thought, the guy doesn't need to present his financial portfolio to the world. I've taken Music Business classes in college. NOT that it makes me knowledgable about the industry, but if you take care of your money, you can build a sound future. Playing with Ozzy on 2 releases, touring, endorsements, etc, he's got some bank. He's played on international releases in Japan, like Billy Sheehan has. Bottom line, I'm sure Dude has enough to be fine for the rest of his days. Chooses to work when he wants to, when it suits his fancy.

Look at all the classic rock acts out there. Even the 80's and now 90's acts considered to be "classic rock". They are out there playing in smaller venues, clubs, etc..and go away for years, only to resurface. Jake's kinda in that category as well. B.O.C. tours every so often. What does Buck Dharma do when he's not touring/making CD's? Get it? Poison, Warrant, Slaughter, Bang Tango, list goes on...

Have a taped video from the 90's called, "It came from the 80's". Anyone remember seeing that on MTV? The guitarist in Kix had to go back to commercial painting. All the gigs, the Platinum album with "Close your Eyes" gold single (according to the RIAA.com), and dude's blue collaring it!!!So, don't do drugs, manage that money, and chill on life.

Thanks. Peace out....and CRANK UP Voodoo Highway. It is, IMO, Jake's best work, next to BATM. Anyone catch that American Idol guy, BO BICE, do his rendition of "In a Dream"? Last season? Ppl who saw it, said it was a "great song", thought it was a gospel song. Ppl I work with. So, had to bring Voodoo CD into work next day, play the original, and blow them away. Ppl never heard of "Badlands", but when I explained who they were, Jake's band, Jake used to play with Ozzy, then ppl were like, "Oh". The Ozzy connection got them. Anyhoo, I'm out...

Yes Jiver some of those guys did invest well but alot of those guys you list are playing still because they didid piss all their cash away and some just got riped off from trusting the wrong people which is something they Dont teach youin the entertainment buisiness classes . its learn out there .

As for some others like slash his money was starting to deplete a little so he needed to play again others like Vito Bratta of white lion realised that real estate was a great way to grow your nest egg.

If you remember back in 1984 the reason why ted Nugent had to do it all over again was because he was flat dead borke his exact words. so he had to rebuild and he did that well this time around . if you look at all the old school brits and george lynch as well as john sykes they all own the publishing to their songs and some own the publishing to other artists tunes as well so that there will always be some money coming in!

Ace Fehley needed the kiss reunion tour as well as Peter Chris they were both going to be Bankrupt when Gene and paul steped in now they both have good investments as well as a tone of royalty revenue as well.
Not all big rock stars keep making coin some of then sighned bad deals that gave the publishing to the record labels they were sighned too at the time that is the oldest one in the book.

As for Jake he got a cash settlement for The TUS CD and thats why Ozzy will never re-release any songs from that CD they had a thread on it before the new year as for BTW if you listen to the essential Ozzy record you can tell thats not jake they had Zack and Holmes re record the trax .
and Atantic has both Badlands and Voodoo highway is misprint now so no money there . he may still bet some Ann Lewis cash plus what ever his endorsers give him but who knows.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:30 am

frethead wrote:Excellent post, Jiver. Thank you for that rant/ commentary/ blog/ whatever. I, too, have been a member here for five/ six years, but you shouldn't take it that you must be accepted by the Order of the Serpentine or some silly shit like that in-order to give your spiel. So, step up to the plate, bud!!!

"I bow to the Order of the Serpetine"!!! LOL!!! "THANK YOU SIR, may I have another?" LOL!!!!!!! Animal House!! Thx, Fretty!! Really like that N/N, "Fretty". "Uncle Fretty"!! NOES!!! Razor sharp riffing!!! HAHAHA!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!! :lol: I'm sleep deprived now; work night shift. Am posting after ANOTHER long shift. BTW, Dean Guitars used to make a NOES single humbucker/Floyd/Charvel style axe. With Freddy Krueger's face on the front. How cool is that?

Anyone have a fav horror movie? Just saw for the 1st time, "House of a 1000 corpses"; weird.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:40 am

Jiver wrote:Have a taped video from the 90's called, "It came from the 80's". Anyone remember seeing that on MTV? The guitarist in Kix had to go back to commercial painting. All the gigs, the Platinum album with "Close your Eyes" gold single (according to the RIAA.com), and dude's blue collaring it!!!So, don't do drugs, manage that money, and chill on life.

Steve Whiteman, the vocalist for Kix, lives 5 minutes away from me. He gives vocal lessons now. Actually, all of the Kix members are still around here, and all of them are back to regular jobs. They never got the props that they deserved, IMO. Same with Jake and Badlands.

...and I did the same thing you did after Bo Bice's version of IN A DREAM. Most of my friends and coworkers had never even heard of Badlands, but most of them were blown away after hearing it. "WHO is this again?!" I'm always pimping the band and Jake to peeps. 8)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:46 am

stratattack wrote:
Jiver wrote:I know I am a "newbie", but I'd like to express some stuff, please. Besides, b/f all had to register, I was on this here site, posting away. That was 3-5 yrs ago.

Yes Jiver some of those guys did invest well but alot of those guys you list are playing still because they didid piss all their cash away and some just got riped off from trusting the wrong people which is something they Dont teach youin the entertainment buisiness classes . its learn out there .

As for some others like slash his money was starting to deplete a little so he needed to play again others like Vito Bratta of white lion realised that real estate was a great way to grow your nest egg.

If you remember back in 1984 the reason why ted Nugent had to do it all over again was because he was flat dead borke his exact words. so he had to rebuild and he did that well this time around . if you look at all the old school brits and george lynch as well as john sykes they all own the publishing to their songs and some own the publishing to other artists tunes as well so that there will always be some money coming in!

Ace Fehley needed the kiss reunion tour as well as Peter Chris they were both going to be Bankrupt when Gene and paul steped in now they both have good investments as well as a tone of royalty revenue as well.
Not all big rock stars keep making coin some of then sighned bad deals that gave the publishing to the record labels they were sighned too at the time that is the oldest one in the book.

As for Jake he got a cash settlement for The TUS CD and thats why Ozzy will never re-release any songs from that CD they had a thread on it before the new year as for BTW if you listen to the essential Ozzy record you can tell thats not jake they had Zack and Holmes re record the trax .
and Atantic has both Badlands and Voodoo highway is misprint now so no money there . he may still bet some Ann Lewis cash plus what ever his endorsers give him but who knows.

Thx, strat, yes, some things aren't learned in a classroom. For sure. Some naively entrust mgrs, liars, eh oops, lawyers, etc..and get burned. Didn't know Slash was nearly on "E", hmm. Yes, Ted Nugent, saw his story on "Behind the Music" on VH1; you reminded me. 8) Damn Yankees helped out Ted there. Owning your own publishing should be a must; too bad some learn late :x

Good for Jake to get a lump sum for TUS. He was credited for songwriting, along with Ozzy. Should receive royalties anytime anything is used from U/S. But liars, lawyers, have a way of "restructuring" contracts. :evil: :twisted:

Didn't know Zakk/Holmes re-recorded over Jake's parts; that should be criminal. But Ozzy is a F$%^# as far as business is concerned. That's why Daisley/Kerslake took him and Sharon to court. Would Ozzy have been able to come back with out Randy, Bob and Lee? At the time, NO ONE wanted Ozzy. Period. Musicians or Record Co's. He's just a P.O.S. now, IMO. Sell out. Ppl must be bored to still want to watch "The Osbournes", "American Idol", Jessica/Nick, etc. Although I DO like this season's "The Surreal Life" on VH1. Has C.C. Deville, Tawny Kitaan, Mr. Jefferson, some Playboy Bunny, a crossdresser, and the singer from Smash Mouth. And Carol Brady!!! Thx again, Strat, peace..

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:27 pm

Jiver wrote:Didn't know Zakk/Holmes re-recorded over Jake's parts;

the thing is, they didn't :P

the only re-recordings has been the bass/drums tracks
of the first 2 albums.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:16 pm

MetalHead wrote:

of the first 2 albums.

and Atantic has both Badlands and Voodoo highway is misprint now so no money there .

Just quoting Stratattack, that's all. I didn't know of ANY re-recording of any parts. Oz should've just left well enuff alone. Maybe remaster the original recordings like VH did for their catalog. Wait, I think Oz DID remaster BOZ, DOAM, SOTD,BATM,U/S, Tribute. Is this correct? :?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:20 pm

I've the Essential Ozzy .. and it's quite obvious that Jake's playing on it ...
on the tracks he did with Ozzy :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:29 pm

No, there are fills and squeals that were added to BATM that were not Jake.

Zakk IMO did them.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:58 pm

MetalHead wrote:

of the first 2 albums.

I know! Why does this keep coming up?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:04 pm

So which is it?...Did he, or did he not play on the Essential Ozzy?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:44 am

MetalHead wrote:

of the first 2 albums.

So, Jake's guitar parts on BATM and Sin are intact? Daisley, Tommy Aldridge's drum tracks, Airey's keybd pts, are re-recorded over? On U/Sin, Jake's guitar parts are intact, but Castillo's drums, and Soussan's bass parts are re-recorded over? I don't get this. Or are you talking about Blizzard of Oz and Diary? Are those albums, the bass and drum tracks on those 2, have THEY been re-recorded over? Is it b/c Bob Daisley and Lee Kerslake took Oz to court over royalty infringment? And others have posted that they hear "squeals" that were not part of Jake's original recorded tracks. IF this is true, how can Zakk be a part of that crap? I mean, he's a good guitarist and all, but Jake already had a rep/career b/f Zakk ever came on the scene. He should be ashamed. Why not just re release Blizzard and Diary with Zakk riffing over Randy's parts. Shit, same thing, IMO.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:55 am

Jiver wrote:So, Jake's guitar parts on BATM and Sin are intact?

Yes. The only minor adjustments is that some guitarfills(by Jake)
was removed :!:

Jiver wrote:On U/Sin, Jake's guitar parts are intact, but Castillo's drums, and Soussan's bass parts are re-recorded over?

I believe that whole record is intact :!:
+ Soussan own the rights to Shot In The Dark :!:

Jiver wrote:Or are you talking about Blizzard of Oz and Diary? Are those albums, the bass and drum tracks on those 2, have THEY been re-recorded over?

Those albums has remade bass and drums,
and Bob and Lee are/were suing 'cause they didn't get
paid their royalties on those album, and the remakes.

Jiver wrote:And others have posted that they hear "squeals" that were not part of Jake's original recorded tracks. IF this is true, how can Zakk be a part of that crap? I mean, he's a good guitarist and all, but Jake already had a rep/career b/f Zakk ever came on the scene. He should be ashamed. Why not just re release Blizzard and Diary with Zakk riffing over Randy's parts. Shit, same thing, IMO.

Zakk isn't a part of those re-recordings :!: :!: :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:12 am

MetalHead wrote:I've the Essential Ozzy .. and it's quite obvious that Jake's playing on it ...
on the tracks he did with Ozzy :)

rock n roll rebel YES and your no different yes but BATW I still have my doubts . the first 2 yah you can tell its jake but BATW doesnt Im sorry first of all there is no phser on the trax at all unless it was taken out when they remastered it which can be done only if it was added post mix,

but yah I still have my doubts about BTAM 8) but the other 2 after listening to them I would say yep its him
The artist formally known as Brawler

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...