Axel Rudi Pell

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Axel Rudi Pell

Postby Deansolo » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:54 pm

Okay...I'll admit I'm out of the Prog/Power metal loop. I'm gonna download some stuff tonight starting with Axel Rudi Pell. Then maybe I'll know what the hell you guys are talking about. :D

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:12 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
harddriver wrote:OMG i was wandering what happened to the Geolie brothers 8O And whats even crazier is i saw Hardline and Badlands in Chicago back in '90 and that was a good show. At the end of the night Jake and Neal shone came out together and both bands jammed a couple of Zepplin tunes 8O Man that was awesome. 8)

Can I get an amen from the choir? (Fretman, Mr. Metal, and Olaf) :lol:

AMEN!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:19 pm

frethead wrote:DAMN, I just checked-out that guy's website, and now I'm interested! Axel Rudi Pell, right? Got it. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Queensryche be, like, considered a pioneer of the Progpower genre? I'm unfamiliar with the bands and even the genre title, but my heart is true. I'm becoming uncomfortable with that fruity word, now. You know the one.
Rock hard, Ride Free!

ProgPower is really two genres.
1. Progressive Metal
2. Power Metal

Some bands fall mostly into ine or the other and some mix both in.
Last edited by Olaf on Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:31 pm

Deansolo wrote:Okay...I'll admit I'm out of the Prog/Power metal loop. I'm gonna download some stuff tonight starting with Axel Rudi Pell. Then maybe I'll know what the hell you guys are talking about. :D

Listen to : www.beyondearcandy.com to hear some prog and some power.

Free streaming internet Radio.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:22 pm

Yep, just started listening to Axel Rudi Pell....Dude Rocks! lots of great influences...Rainbow, Dio, Sabbath, DP, etc. Shred and melodic too! i really dig it.

Thanks Linda.

Dean

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:34 pm

Deansolo wrote:Yep, just started listening to Axel Rudi Pell....Dude Rocks! lots of great influences...Rainbow, Dio, Sabbath, DP, etc. Shred and melodic too! i really dig it.

Thanks Linda.

Dean

You're welcome :D

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:06 pm

Olaf wrote:
frethead wrote:DAMN, I just checked-out that guy's website, and now I'm interested! Axel Rudi Pell, right? Got it. Excuse me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Queensryche be, like, considered a pioneer of the Progpower genre? I'm unfamiliar with the bands and even the genre title, but my heart is true. I'm becoming uncomfortable with that fruity word, now. You know the one.
Rock hard, Ride Free!

ProgPower is really two genres.
1. Progressive Metal
2. Power Metal

Some bands fall mostly into ine or the other and some mix both in.

You're right, but I tend to throw them all together for lack of confusion, especially when trying to introduce new people into the genre.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:04 pm

AXEL RUDI PELL'S MYSTICA DELAYED TILL AUGUST:

April 9, 2006

"Due to singer Johnny Gioeli`s sickness (he had a really bad flu) we ran out of time and were unable to deliver the master tape of Mystica to our record company SPV in time for the scheduled June release", Axel explained.

"Unfortunately the release date had to be pushed back to August 25th in Germany and August 28th in Europe. The North American release date will be confirmed very soon. We`re very sorry for the delay but we hope that you understand it. Be ready for a real masterpiece! At the moment we`re working on the final tour and festival schedule. See all the dates here very soon. Cheers, Axel"

Courtesy of www.axel-rudi-pell.de

Previous

Return to Free for all...