The Mob

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel
User avatar
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Washington State

Re: The Mob

Postby Jiver » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:37 am

I believe in the mid 80's, Kip and Paul Taylor played with Alice Cooper. They later hooked up w/ Rod Morganstein and Reb to form Winger. Kane Roberts, the muscular dude, was the guitarist. On VH1 Classics, they play some 80's AC videos, live stuff, and you can see Winger and the other guy in the background. Mostly, just Alice and the steroids dude get the camera time.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: The Mob

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:15 pm

Jiver wrote:I believe in the mid 80's, Kip and Paul Taylor played with Alice Cooper. They later hooked up w/ Rod Morganstein and Reb to form Winger. Kane Roberts, the muscular dude, was the guitarist. On VH1 Classics, they play some 80's AC videos, live stuff, and you can see Winger and the other guy in the background. Mostly, just Alice and the steroids dude get the camera time.


You're probably right then. I remember Kane, especially in Alice's Poison video. He reminds me of Bobby Rock, but playing a guitar! :D

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: The Mob

Postby Rock » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:19 pm

Alice cooper has had 21 guitarists to date, the current 2 are, Ryan Roxie who has been with him for about 10 years and Damon Johnson from Brother Cane, who joined just b4 the current Dirty Diamonds tour. Reb Beach played with Alice, and so definately did Kip Winger. I talk to Ryan Roxie from time to time, and I sent him an e-mail about this, and this is what he told me basically.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: The Mob

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:14 am

Rock wrote:Alice cooper has had 21 guitarists to date, the current 2 are, Ryan Roxie who has been with him for about 10 years and Damon Johnson from Brother Cane, who joined just b4 the current Dirty Diamonds tour. Reb Beach played with Alice, and so definately did Kip Winger. I talk to Ryan Roxie from time to time, and I sent him an e-mail about this, and this is what he told me basically.


Interesting, thanks!

All Access Member
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: California

Re: The Mob

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:59 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
MetalHead wrote:Kip was with Alice Cooper ?
I thought that was Reb ?


No, I believe it was just Kip, but I could be wrong. Both Kip and Reb worked in the studio with Twisted Sister during their recording of Love Is For Suckers. Mostly just background vocal stuff, but I believe both of them played a little on the record here and there.


Reb played on a Fistful of alice a live album

All Access Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: The Mob

Postby jimiforrest » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:33 pm

Yea Kip definitely played with Alice...if you look at the early "Winger" press clippings...it's well documented. As far as Reb and Whitesnake goes...Reb might as well have not been on stage with those guys. Not due to his talent...but more so his role. I think Reb is more of a progressive player and his style just doesn't fit the Whitesnake vibe as much as Doug. Of course...Mr. Coverdale has also indicated on the Snake's website that he and Doug have worked out a bunch of tunes. It may just be me but Reb seemed a lot more confident on the Dokken DVD than the Whitesnake DVD. This has no bearing on Reb's talents...just seems to be the position he's in.

Jimi

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: The Mob

Postby Rock » Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:41 am

Yeh Jimi, these guys are professional musicians, and they get paid big bucks when they get hired by bands like these. So really, unless u have a major project going, I cant see anyone knocking back a gig in whitesnake or any other major band. They usually have at least a year of work, with tours, and also looks pretty damn cool on your resume. :) You also find these days, the muso's hired to do an album, arent always the touring band. :) So what I am saying, is so many times u see a band member playing with someone, that u wonder why they are there. Good example, first time I saw Joe Satriani play, was with Mick Jagger as his guitarist. :)

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: The Mob

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:23 am

RYAN ROXIE LEAVES ALICE COOPER:

March 21, 2006

Rumours have been circulating for a few days now that Ryan Roxie is leaving the Alice Cooper band, but I wanted to wait for something official before posting the sad news. So here we go:

"After much thought and deliberation, guitarist Ryan Roxie has decided to forgo his six-string gunslinger duties for Alice Cooper to concentrate on becoming a Shoe Cobbler.....namely, Swedish Clogs. Although Mr. Roxie has no interest in shoes, his fascination with wood is unparalled...... But seriously, Roxie is taking time to be with his family and would really like to be able to play for the Godfather of Shock Rock again in the future. The Alice Cooper Rock Show will remain to be one of the most fun and entertaining shows out there mainly for one reason: ALICE COOPER! Roxie is just happy that he's had the opportunity to play for the Man in Black (black eye make-up that is) on and off for the past 10 years. He'd also like to wish Alice, the Band, and the die-hard fans good golf, great poker, and the best rock n roll tour imaginable in 2006......."
J.J. King-press secretary for Mr. Roxie

So there it is. This does NOT mean it's definitely the end for the Alice and Roxie show. My understanding is that after all these years, it's just time for a father and husband to take a break and to spend some quality time with his family, something I'm sure fans can understand. Next year Roxie will hopefully return to take his rightful place stage left. It certainly won't be the same without him.

Obviously STUK will continue to cover all Roxie related news and everyone here wishes him all the best. We just hope this will allow him enough time to complete a new Roxie77 album!!

So who will replace the irreplaceable? Current favourite for the job is Kerri Kelli, who played with Ryan in Slash's Snakepit and Dad's Porno Mag. He had stints with Ratt, Warrant, Skid Row, Adler's Appetite, Pretty Boy Floyd, and Tuff amongst others, as well as being a well known face on the L.A. scene.
More when I get it.

Courtesy of www.sickthingsuk.co.uk
Image

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: The Mob

Postby stratattack » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:30 am

thats wild he just did a Krank amps endrocement add with copper thats on every guitar mag known to man! wowo maybe Reb beach or Vinnie Moore will return either way its not like Alice cooper is without options.
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: The Mob

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:12 am

jimiforrest wrote:Yea Kip definitely played with Alice...if you look at the early "Winger" press clippings...it's well documented. As far as Reb and Whitesnake goes...Reb might as well have not been on stage with those guys. Not due to his talent...but more so his role. I think Reb is more of a progressive player and his style just doesn't fit the Whitesnake vibe as much as Doug. Of course...Mr. Coverdale has also indicated on the Snake's website that he and Doug have worked out a bunch of tunes. It may just be me but Reb seemed a lot more confident on the Dokken DVD than the Whitesnake DVD. This has no bearing on Reb's talents...just seems to be the position he's in.

Jimi


Well, I also took from the interviews from the new Snake DVD that Reb pretty much pushed himself into the job. Kind of like the same way an executive would push him/herself to an employer. Coverdale makes a remark similiar to that Reb "thinks" it's his destiny to work with Whitesnake. You can really tell that Reb is a fan first of this band, and a member second. IMHO, Reb is every bit as good as Doug. Reb reminds me more of Steve Vai, because he has a slick/technical approach, but that's just how I think of him. Doug reminds me more of Sykes with looks and style. With that said, the current version of Whitesnake has a little of both Vai and Sykes in it. Hopefully, Coverdale will see it that way too, and keep Reb as a full-time member. This could be the best Snake lineup yet.

All Access Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: VA

Re: The Mob

Postby jimiforrest » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:17 am

I agree Poetsandmadmen. I saw the interview with Coverdale also. Supposedly Mr. Coverdale and Mr. Aldrich have worked up a few new tunes. It's a shame Marco Mendoza (bass) left as I felt that he fit perfectly but he has been jumping around a bit over the last several years so I guess it was to be expected.

Jimi

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: The Mob

Postby stratattack » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:40 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
jimiforrest wrote:Yea Kip definitely played with Alice...if you look at the early "Winger" press clippings...it's well documented. As far as Reb and Whitesnake goes...Reb might as well have not been on stage with those guys. Not due to his talent...but more so his role. I think Reb is more of a progressive player and his style just doesn't fit the Whitesnake vibe as much as Doug. Of course...Mr. Coverdale has also indicated on the Snake's website that he and Doug have worked out a bunch of tunes. It may just be me but Reb seemed a lot more confident on the Dokken DVD than the Whitesnake DVD. This has no bearing on Reb's talents...just seems to be the position he's in.

Jimi


Well, I also took from the interviews from the new Snake DVD that Reb pretty much pushed himself into the job. Kind of like the same way an executive would push him/herself to an employer. Coverdale makes a remark similiar to that Reb "thinks" it's his destiny to work with Whitesnake. You can really tell that Reb is a fan first of this band, and a member second. IMHO, Reb is every bit as good as Doug. Reb reminds me more of Steve Vai, because he has a slick/technical approach, but that's just how I think of him. Doug reminds me more of Sykes with looks and style. With that said, the current version of Whitesnake has a little of both Vai and Sykes in it. Hopefully, Coverdale will see it that way too, and keep Reb as a full-time member. This could be the best Snake lineup yet.

Also look at the Feed my Frankestein Vid too ,kip looks like a complete tool
but yes he can play bass very well and he is even better on a piano!
unlike alot of masproduced bands Winger actualy had real talented musicians,
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: The Mob

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:10 pm

jimiforrest wrote:I agree Poetsandmadmen. I saw the interview with Coverdale also. Supposedly Mr. Coverdale and Mr. Aldrich have worked up a few new tunes. It's a shame Marco Mendoza (bass) left as I felt that he fit perfectly but he has been jumping around a bit over the last several years so I guess it was to be expected.

Jimi


Oh man! I didn't know that he had left! I think he's great! The dude can really sing, in addition to his playing abilities. He contributes nicely to the background vocals on the DVD. That sucks that he's gone. :cry:

Previous

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests