What does Jake do for a living these days?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: What does Jake do for a living these days?

Postby johnthebrucelee » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:46 pm

What's your location?... lol Sounds like a/s/l.. :roll:

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:04 pm

As far fetched an idea as this is, if he DID do it, I would love to see him with rhythm section from his recent album. That would be awesome.

I hate to see a singer discussion come up again though 'cause everyone comes up with these ridiculous nu prog metal names that couldn't be sillier to pair with Jake. Yes, Ray had a high voice but that's the only thing he has in common with all these new James LaBrie wanna be's!!! It always makes me think that most people don't really 'get it' when it comes to Ray/Jake/Badlands.

Is sillier a word? hehe

Postby axxe » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:07 am

High, Is that all that makes a singer? What about tonality, vibrato, breath control, dynamics? Does it help to have a handle on that stuff too? I was just joking. As I said in the dream lineup forum. I think the lead singer of YNT Dave Meneketi or even Tony Hranel would be awesome for him. I could name a great number of awesome vocalist though. Then I got to thinkin. Wait a minute. Nobody on G-3 has a lead vocalist. If there is any singing, the guitarists featured do it. Still, if he finds himself in a jam, I am up for grabs, and this idea is not far fetched. My contact knows Satch and Steve Vai and will speak to them about it. He loved the idea. I hope if he has the oportunity he does go for it. He is too awesome to not do this til he's dead.
Last edited by axxe on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I bleed steele

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:25 am

The only one i really know of that's just truly rotting away is Eddie Van Halen cause he's already made enough albums. I mean Diamond Dave is a paramedic and hosts a radio show.

Both Ed and Dave are filthy rich; Rolling Stones wealth. In a Metal Edge interview in 91, Dave boasted of having $40 mil AT THAT TIME. Not including the earnings in years since. Ditto for Ed, I presume. Dave does the paramedic gig and radio show for profiling purposes. Ed, who knows why he's a hermit?

I'm 2 seconds away from giving up on Jake E. Lee forever. I mean we all love him but still I think if there was ever one guitar player that let down his fans, wow he was it.

Its really hard to realize your heros let you down.[/quote]

Jake is alive and well; that's all one needs to know. He also just released an album within the last 20 years :wink:

Postby smiths10 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:04 pm

It seems to me Jake is and always has been a bit reclusive.Momentsback in his Ozzy days, when this didn't seem to be the case at times e.g. being arrested in New Orleans with Mick Mars for fighting with some of the regular patrons after drinking a gallon and half of Mudslides and various assorted adult beverages. He has always been quiet and every time I've met him ( 3 times! 8O : in Minneapolis, Winnepeg and Grand Forks, North Dakota of all fucking places, thanks to connections in a small but ass kickin' sound company Northern Lights and Sound) he doesn't say much unless he is spoken to or asked a direct question.
It is apparent that when he does want something known, his wishes or thoughts are relayed through the sitemaster. He is living life on his own terms, not anyone elses. We have to remember that it is HIS life and we are only curious about how things may or may not have turned out. Almost like a "Where are they now" skit. So sit back and crack a brew and relax. Jake is not starving or living on the streets somewhere, he is working and is still in music.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Mstp34 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:28 pm

I could never give up on Jake (spot light or not ) and he could never let me down, I mean he did give us the best years of his life, I'm happy to be part of that.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:05 am

axxe wrote:Good news Dudes!! He bit and will tell them next time he sees them. He thought it was a great idea too.He saw them last at NAMM.This may happen yet. We shall see. I look forward to hearing something positive from him soon. Keep your fingers crossed. " Jake E Lee rocks G-3"

Yep...I wanted everyone to know that I just spoke with Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, so they'll be joining the G3 Tour as well. Great work guys :!: :roll:

Oh yeah, I'm working on the Tooth Fairy too, so I'll let you know how that goes when I hear back!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:58 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
axxe wrote:Good news Dudes!! He bit and will tell them next time he sees them. He thought it was a great idea too.He saw them last at NAMM.This may happen yet. We shall see. I look forward to hearing something positive from him soon. Keep your fingers crossed. " Jake E Lee rocks G-3"

Yep...I wanted everyone to know that I just spoke with Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny, so they'll be joining the G3 Tour as well. Great work guys :!: :roll:

Oh yeah, I'm working on the Tooth Fairy too, so I'll let you know how that goes when I hear back!

If you see the Tooth Fairy, she owes me some money.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:39 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

I am working on getting Alvin and the Chipmunks to join G3. The Chipmunks are all for it but Alvin is on the fence about it. I should hear something real soon. Stay tuned guys. :P

Postby Fretman » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:16 am

Even if Satch did want Jake to join G3, he'd probably have a hell of a time getting in touch with him. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:30 am

I am not sure about this, but I heard that bigfoot sightings were more common that Jake E Lee sightings.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:03 pm

If whoever gets Jake E Lee booked for the G3 Tour, I'll gladly eat every single sarcastic comment I've made regarding this thread! Until then, that's probably the most rediculous few posts I've seen on any message board yet!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:04 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:If whoever got Jake E Lee booked for the G3 Tour, I'd gladly eat every single sarcastic comment I've made regarding this thread! Until then, that's probably the most rediculous few posts I've seen on any message board!

Oh c'mon it could happen. :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:25 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:If whoever gets Jake E Lee booked for the G3 Tour, I'll gladly eat every single sarcastic comment I've made regarding this thread! Until then, that's probably the most rediculous few posts I've seen on any message board yet!

Wow. Poets, even if it means you having to shit consonants and vowels for a month, I hope it happens. (Watch out for those x's and k's - I hear they're really rufffffffff). hehe. Muah! :wink:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:34 am

Doobie wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:If whoever gets Jake E Lee booked for the G3 Tour, I'll gladly eat every single sarcastic comment I've made regarding this thread! Until then, that's probably the most rediculous few posts I've seen on any message board yet!

Wow. Poets, even if it means you having to shit consonants and vowels for a month, I hope it happens. (Watch out for those x's and k's - I hear they're really rufffffffff). hehe. Muah! :wink:

:lol: thanks Doobie, you're so sympathetic!
Last edited by PoetsandMadmen on Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...