Watch Metal Mania!!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Watch Metal Mania!!

Postby Jiver » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:57 pm

It's on Sat.'s @ 8. Have some down time, and watching these videos that were popular in the 80's; all the glam/hair metal vids, and some heavier stuff from that period. Just saw Dio Mystery (all D&D kind of stuff), Dokken Breaking the Chains (Goofy, to be sure), Alice Cooper Poison (stupid), now, Ratt Lay it down. Hot chick in that one!!! Wasn't she a Playmate? Hmm... :?:

Killer of Giants

Re: Watch Metal Mania!!

Postby stratattack » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:55 am

I watch it all the time thats where I found out about the Anthrax and tesament reunions as well as the first Judas priest interveiw with halford back in the fold its like visiting my child hoo every saturday!!!!
I love that show also goto fuse TV on sat nights too the host is not only hot but a real metal head she knows her stuff!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:25 am

stratattack wrote:I watch it all the time thats where I found out about the Anthrax and tesament reunions as well as the first Judas priest interveiw with halford back in the fold its like visiting my child hoo every saturday!!!!
I love that show also goto fuse TV on sat nights too the host is not only hot but a real metal head she knows her stuff!!

Yeah, Juliya or something, Yum!! :D VH1 Classic also shows other formats that I watch, like All Star Jams or RockFest, but it's the Metal Mania that I especially turn to. Most of those old 80's vids are hilarious.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:38 am

Yah you know the one Yah she got it Bad for Zakk Wylde, he got her in to see Ozzy every since then she says Zakk this Zakk that its funny,

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:59 am

It's a great show! I watch it when I can. They'll play some Badlands from time to time on there too! That's actually where I heard Winter's Call for the first time and was hooked ever since! So, Metal Mania has done its job.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:26 pm

Metal Mania was where I first saw TNT a few years ago, not that anyone cares lol. :wink:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:58 am

excitable87 wrote:Metal Mania was where I first saw TNT a few years ago, not that anyone cares lol. :wink:

There some TNT fans here for sure! \nn/ Tony Harnell is a great vocalist!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:27 am

I would tune in, but I am too cheap to pay for cable or dish network. Oh well...it is probably all old metal anyway and I would rather keep up with the new stuff.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:59 pm

mrmetal wrote:I would tune in, but I am too cheap to pay for cable or dish network. Oh well...it is probably all old metal anyway and I would rather keep up with the new stuff.

You sound like me! We don't have the high end cable either, because I refuse to pay the prices they want! My parents have went all out and have Direct TV, so that's where I see from time to time.

Yes, it's all 80s stuff, but I didn't get to see the majority of those bands live back then. I guess that's why me and few others on here still like to keep up with those guys.

There's also a glimmer of hope still within me that the younger generation will take hold of the traditional rock style and run with it!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:03 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
mrmetal wrote:I would tune in, but I am too cheap to pay for cable or dish network. Oh well...it is probably all old metal anyway and I would rather keep up with the new stuff.

You sound like me! We don't have the high end cable either, because I refuse to pay the prices they want! My parents have went all out and have Direct TV, so that's where I see from time to time.

Yes, it's all 80s stuff, but I didn't get to see the majority of those bands live back then. I guess that's why me and few others on here still keep with those guys.

There's also a glimmer of hope still within me that the younger generation will take hold of the traditional rock style and run with it!

You know how many 18 yr olds actually like bands like Def Leppard, Guns N Roses etc? You might be surprised. And plus look at all the success those bands have touring recently, just cause that crapfest known as MTV looks down their noses at them doesn't mean there's not a new generation of fans.

OK Im better now. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:59 pm

excitable87 wrote: You know how many 18 yr olds actually like bands like Def Leppard, Guns N Roses etc?

That is terrible! LOL....with all the good bands from that time period to pick those two? :lol:

Actually, I meant the new metal of the style madman and I are into. Metal is not dead.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:30 am

mrmetal wrote:
excitable87 wrote: You know how many 18 yr olds actually like bands like Def Leppard, Guns N Roses etc?

Actually, I have no idea, but I hope you're right. I can see them diggin' G&R, but not Def Leppard for some reason. Well, you're probably referring to their old stuff though. Nevermind, I can see them diggin' Lep's old stuff. Especially, High N Dry and Pyromania. \nn/

That is terrible! LOL....with all the good bands from that time period to pick those two? :lol:

Actually, I meant the new metal of the style madman and I are into. Metal is not dead.

AMEN!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:42 am

Yah metal mania alway lets yah know who is still touring and where they are the a regular Metal musium

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:35 am

mrmetal wrote:

I just meant actual bands from the 80's not that music as a whole. I personally can't stand a lot of this nu-metal stuff that's out now.

And you can cut down GnR, but Def Leppard's music will stand the test of time, well Pyromania and Hysteria anyways lol. :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:01 am

excitable87 wrote: I personally can't stand a lot of this nu-metal stuff that's out now.

I can't stand it either. I meant new metal bands. They are quite a few.

excitable87 wrote:And you can cut down GnR, but Def Leppard's music will stand the test of time, well Pyromania and Hysteria anyways lol. :twisted:

I never could get into Guns N' Roses. I think Axl is a terrible singer and Slash is very overrated.

Def Leppard I could get into, but lost interest after "High and Dry" and really lost interest when Vivian joined and started playing backup guitar to Phil.

Next

Return to Free for all...