What does Jake do for a living these days?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: What does Jake do for a living these days?

Postby axxe » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:34 am

I only said I knew someone who could talk to Satch or Vai about it. I didn't say it would happen. My friend thought it was a great idea and he will bring it up to them. I think that's great news. I thought I should share it with you all. Had I known that it would be recieved with such rude comments, I would have kept it to myself. Howabout some frickin human
kindness. I was trying to do something nice.
I bleed steele

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:03 am

Don't worry about it axxe. You know how some times you want something so badly, that you won't accpt it for fear of being hurt, that's probably what's going on here too. I think all of us would love it to happen, but we don't want to feel let down if it doesn't. Don't worry about it though. It's a great idea, and trust me, ALL of us hope that it works out some how. Keep us posted.

Postby axxe » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:35 am

I'm not. As I said in an earlier post, we shall see. I appreciate your vote of confidence. Do you think he would do it if they did ask him?
I bleed steele

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:14 am

axxe wrote:I only said I knew someone who could talk to Satch or Vai about it. I didn't say it would happen. My friend thought it was a great idea and he will bring it up to them. I think that's great news. I thought I should share it with you all. Had I known that it would be recieved with such rude comments, I would have kept it to myself. Howabout some frickin human

Dude, you come on here posting really nothing before hand, saying you know someone that's close to two of the best rock guitarist in the world! That's fantastic if you do, but why come on here and say it? If the tables were turned, would you take me seriously saying something similar?

Personally, I've come to the conclusion that Jake is a mole in a hole, and he'll come out when he's good and ready! In addition, the comment that the fans demand it! Pretty bold or a misguided one at that. If you play a part in him touring again, then more power to ya!

I apologize if I didn't lend you the courtesy that you were expecting.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:21 am

Moose6 wrote:Don't worry about it axxe. You know how some times you want something so badly, that you won't accpt it for fear of being hurt, that's probably what's going on here too. I think all of us would love it to happen, but we don't want to feel let down if it doesn't. Don't worry about it though. It's a great idea, and trust me, ALL of us hope that it works out some how. Keep us posted.

Moose6, make no mistake, I'll respect Jake the same if he never tours again. There're many more reunions I'd like to see in addition to his. I'm not going sit home crying :cry: if Axxe isn't able to work his magic. :wink:

Postby Fretman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:34 am

axxe wrote:I only said I knew someone who could talk to Satch or Vai about it. I didn't say it would happen. My friend thought it was a great idea and he will bring it up to them. I think that's great news. I thought I should share it with you all. Had I known that it would be recieved with such rude comments, I would have kept it to myself. Howabout some frickin human

I don't think anyone was trying to be rude, it's all just joking around. You have to remember that most of us on this board have been around here for a long time waiting for any shred of news related to Jake, much less any news of him playing live anywhere, or with anyone. In all honesty you might actually have a better chance at spotting the Easter bunny this weekend than spotting Jake anywhere in 2006. Of course we always hold on to tiny shreds of hope.

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:53 am

Poets,

Well I have to agree with ya' bud. You know the saying "If ida held my breath, id of long since been dead". I'm not holding my breath for any reunion, tour, or even another album. I, like you, am just extremely happy when something does come along. Jake has done plenty in his musical career to earn my respect, and I too will not respect him any less if he desides to really hang it up. But, like Fretman ended his last post with, "Of course we always hold on to tiny shreds of hope."

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:31 am

Just out of curiousity, without naming names, how does your friend know those guys? Does he work behind the scenes or something?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:41 pm

Dudes, stranger things have happened. If you'da asked me a few years ago if I'd have any contact at all with Jake or Mike Varney, I'd have laughed. I'm with you though....Kinda skeptical. But if axxe knows someone who knows someone (that's how WE met those guys) that's awesome! We've asked Jake about future projects (touring and stuff) but those questions he sidesteps in favor of the business at hand. So yeah I'm hopeful but skeptical.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Postby axxe » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:51 pm

My friend was in a band in the 80s and through it met and became friends with the who's who in rock. He's on speaking terms and first name basis with you name em.

I did just come in here recently, but everybody has to start somewhere. I'm glad I found this forum. I love Jake's stuff. When I first mentioned G-3 I was just joking, but everyone seemed to get so excited by the idea, I decided to try and make it a reality. Maybe it will be. Maybe it won't. Whether this guy forgets about it cause I'm nobody, whether he asks and they say no, whether they ask and Jake says no, or whether Jake says yes and we can all see it, he will still be one of my favorites. KISS finally retired. The Rolling Stones haven't. Maybe Jake retired cause he is tired of the music business. He is still a hero of mine.
Last edited by axxe on Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I bleed steele

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:09 pm

axxe wrote:My friend was in a band in the 80s and through it met and became friends with the who's who in rock. He's on speaking terms and first name basis with you name em.

OK, I'll just ask then: Who is he, and who was the band?

Postby axxe » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:11 pm

Sorry not going to reveal that.
I bleed steele

Postby axxe » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:14 pm

Oh and you were right about the comment the fans demand it. I was a little excited too I guess.
I bleed steele

Postby axxe » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:16 pm

Did someone say he was in Nevada
I bleed steele

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:18 pm

axxe wrote:Did someone say he was in Nevada

it was somewhere on the old forum I think.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...