Jake E. Lee -VS- Yngwie Malmsteen

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Which guitarist do you like over the other?

Jake E. Lee
88%
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
12%

Total votes : 78
Killer of Giants

Jake E. Lee -VS- Yngwie Malmsteen

Postby johnthebrucelee » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:28 am

Okay, this just raced my mind. In your opinion, which guitarist do you prefer? (Even though this is a Jake fan forum. lol)

I love them both, but for some reason, I prefer Jake. After listening Bark At The Moon (song) for the first time, I played it non-stop on repeat. I love the solos on that song. It fit so well.

Yngwie's first album is by far my fave of all so far. I love Black Star among the other classics.

Killer of Giants

Re: Jake E. Lee -VS- Yngwie Malmsteen

Postby Deansolo » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:24 am

Okay I'll bite!

Although I like them both, I prefer Jake. I'm more into a bluesier style of guitar playing, rather than the neo-classical thing Yngwie does. Just my opinion...you understand. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:31 am

I'm not a Fan of Malmsteen at all..He has had some Great Singers but His songs ...his playing ....his attitude.... his over eating!..Bores me, All those Million mile an hour scales Players Bore me..I watch Kids on Youtube Playing these Incredible solos or exercises but no real melody!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:18 am

I can't vote :(

Both Jake and Yngwie are almost equal big influences to me :!:

*wish that johnthebrucelee added another poll option ... "NONE !" *
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:17 am

I have to go with Metalhead on this one Both Jake and YJM are 2 different playing styles that is apples and oranges one is neoclassical metal and the other has more of a blues feel to his playing .
The artist formally known as Brawler

Postby Sixx » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:30 am

malmsteen is a better songwriter than jake...

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:29 am

ahem!

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:23 am

jake rules!!

yngwie rules!!

cris rules!!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:21 am

crisguitar wrote:jake rules!!

yngwie rules!!

cris rules!!

you forgot me :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby KEVIN » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:04 am

I love both Jake and Yngwie, but for very different, obvious reasons. But having said that, I don't think we are paying much homage to Jake (who's very tribute website we are chatting on at the moment) to have such a vote as this. I can't in all honesty vote for one or the other, they are both awesome whether in the studio or live... I've seen them both several times. Therefore I second Metalheads motion -- Jake and Yngwie both rule in their own different ways.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:19 am

KEVIN wrote:I love both Jake and Yngwie, but for very different, obvious reasons. But having said that, I don't think we are paying much homage to Jake (who's very tribute website we are chatting on at the moment) to have such a vote as this. I can't in all honesty vote for one or the other, they are both awesome whether in the studio or live... I've seen them both several times. Therefore I second Metalheads motion -- Jake and Yngwie both rule in their own different ways.

It's just a poll and Jake doesn't care anyway so it isn't hurting anything.

With that said, Jake is one of my guitar heroes obviously or I wouldn't be here.

I have to go with Malmsteen on this one. Whether you like him or not, think he is an ass or not is besides the point. The man created a whole new genre of metal/hard rock playing onto himself. That is a very impressive feat.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:19 pm

yes and NO he only brought neoclassical to more poeple but Al DeMeola as well as Uli Jon Roth as well as Robert frip and of course some Yes tunes as well used alot of classical vibes to their tunes.
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:17 am

Hmmm....this is a tough one! I actually love both of these guitarist. With that said, I have to go with Malmsteen mainly due to his persistence. He's never let up, career wise, since he ventured over to the states. Regardless of your personal feelings toward this man, you have to respect how long he's stayed in the music industry. In addition, he's never strayed away from what he's about, neo-classical metal. It's never really been the "in" thing to do.

Yep, my vote goes to Malmsteen. I'll be seeing him for the first time in 10 days! I can't wait! Maybe one of these days Jake will tour again, and I'll get to see him as well.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:33 am

stratattack wrote:yes and NO he only brought neoclassical to more poeple but Al DeMeola as well as Uli Jon Roth as well as Robert frip and of course some Yes tunes as well used alot of classical vibes to their tunes.

classical vibes yes ...
but Yngwie is more or less only about the classical stuff,
plus some bluesy vibes ;)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:38 am

stratattack wrote:I have to go with Metalhead on this one Both Jake and YJM are 2 different playing styles that is apples and oranges one is neoclassical metal and the other has more of a blues feel to his playing .

Exactly! Same here! I'm a non-voter! :lol:

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...