Malmsteen

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Malmsteen

Postby Olaf » Sat May 06, 2006 3:55 pm

Okay boyz and girls, I saw the one and only Yngwie J Malmsteen last night in Ashville, NC. This cat can still rock like noboby can. WOW! WHAT A SHOW! If you get a chance to see him on this tour you should do so.

Anyone else going to see him?

Killer of Giants

Re: Malmsteen

Postby Doobie » Sat May 06, 2006 6:12 pm

He's coming through here on the 19th - still deliberating that one ...

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sat May 06, 2006 7:45 pm

I saw him here and he still had game !!
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun May 07, 2006 9:17 am

I saw Mr. Malmsteen as well and it was everything that I expected it to be. I know alot of people vary on opinions of him, but you have to admit, he's had a large influence on metal and the way it's been played over the years. It's a high energy show, with the spotlight shining bright on Yngwie of course! :-)

The only downfall that I can complaing about is the overall mix of the show. The vocals and keyboards were drowned by Yngwie's great wall of sound! As most of you probably know by now, that I have to have a strong singer or I'll most likely pass the band off. Doogie White is a great vocalist and he deserves to be heard!

With that said, seeing Malmsteen live is an experience for sure! If you get the chance, check him out on his most recent tour.....as he puts it, The Unleash the F#$%in' Fury Tour!

There's only one Malmsteen, because our world isn't big enough for two of his egoes! :-)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Tue May 09, 2006 6:38 pm

okay.........they did not alow photography at the show so I had to sneak some photos with my cell phone. They are crappy shots but it is all I have .

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue May 09, 2006 6:54 pm

Pretty good shots for a cellphone-thanks, Olaf. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 09, 2006 8:14 pm

Gutterflower wrote:Pretty good shots for a cellphone-thanks, Olaf. 8)

I second that.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue May 09, 2006 9:24 pm

HELL YAH BRAHHHH!!!!!

THOSE SHOTS ARE KICK ASS!!!!!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed May 10, 2006 6:14 am

Olaf, it looks like you were on the second row or something, wow! :-)

Re: Malmsteen rare live dvds

Postby videopetes » Wed May 10, 2006 7:45 am

Those really into yngwie rare dvds-check out my 25 years of collecting and filming:
www.videopetes.ca

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Wed May 10, 2006 9:39 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Olaf, it looks like you were on the second row or something, wow! :-)

:lol: For those who may not know, Poets was standing right behind me in the 3rd row. He had to leeve his real digital camera in the car or we would of had some really great shots from the second row.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed May 10, 2006 10:03 pm

Man....that is sweet! Maybe we could hook up in ATL this year and get some good shots of Prog/Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 11, 2006 6:24 am

mrmetal wrote:Man....that is sweet! Maybe we could hook up in ATL this year and get some good shots of Prog/Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can hook you up with plenty of shots of PPV and VI. This year we'll have to pay a $10.00 fee to be able to take pics. Why? Because of the stupid jackasses that want to bootleg shows and post them on every message board from here to eternity! :roll: It's like grade school. One class clown has to ruin everything for everyone else, right?

Just for the record, I totally support Glenn Harvester about his decision about camera use. Honestly, if it was my festival, I wouldn't allow it at all! So, he's being more understanding than I would be.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 11, 2006 6:26 am

Olaf wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:Olaf, it looks like you were on the second row or something, wow! :-)

:lol: For those who may not know, Poets was standing right behind me in the 3rd row. He had to leeve his real digital camera in the car or we would of had some really great shots from the second row.

Yeah, but I was able to take it into the Steve Vai show that Olaf and I attended in April of 2005. I'll post a few of those shots here today.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu May 11, 2006 6:30 am

Here's a couple of shots from last April's show at The Orange Peel in Asheville, North Carolina. I have many more, but I don't want to clutter up the board with a bunch of pics that basically look the same.

Oh yeah, that's the legendary Billy Shenan standing behind Vai in the second pic. He's an okay bassist. :wink: I'm kidding!

Return to Free for all...