Badlands Band Practice

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Badlands Band Practice

Postby shaggyshane » Wed May 10, 2006 7:55 am

For 1:41 this is pretty killer.It captures the moment.

The camera picks up stage sound so you don't hear the sound correctly.I think you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS6y1eeg ... e%20lee%20

If this has been posted before I'm sorry.I just found it today and thought it was cool. :wink:

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Badlands Band Practice

Postby LouZ » Wed May 10, 2006 5:56 pm

It's the first time I've seen anything posted about it. Thanks Shaggyshane, it's absolutely kick-a$$.

Badlands, in my mind, was one of the greatest ever. It's a shame they'll never get their due, or had a chance to continually grow and evolve as a band. There was a lot of great music never written due to unfortunate circumstances
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:20 pm

AWESOME

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed May 10, 2006 8:53 pm

Well, well well that was very "raw & deep" BADLANDS soundcheck Rehearsal it appears to me to be: although the sound was slightly muffled because it's a home footage video taping but none the less Badlands totally Trailblazed with their Classic desert song "Devil Stomp" it has a heavy Bayou/Funk to it's master groove. 8O Very "complex" song Badlands "Devil Stomp" but I like it & the vintage Home footage is a gem! Very down to gritty Earth. Peace! 8)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Thu May 11, 2006 4:01 am

nice video

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu May 11, 2006 6:28 am

i think it's the same one I posted on the old forum :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu May 11, 2006 7:27 am

MetalHead wrote:i think it's the same one I posted on the old forum :)

it is, still kick ass though...

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu May 11, 2006 11:54 am

LouZ wrote:It's the first time I've seen anything posted about it. Thanks Shaggyshane, it's absolutely kick-a$$.

Badlands, in my mind, was one of the greatest ever. It's a shame they'll never get their due, or had a chance to continually grow and evolve as a band. There was a lot of great music never written due to unfortunate circumstances
That is so very true . I listen to the self titled CD and Voodoo Highway and it makes me sad actually to think what could have been. That being said Jake was still alive and kicking and could have continued making that music in some way shape or form. But as he stated on Dag the Giblets he really isnt into making music for anybody but himself and he doesnt give a damn about being a Rock star or anything like that. It just bugs me because the dude is like this huge enigma that only pops up every so often and then hides away again. But that is his right and we got to respect that. Anyway i hope he puts some new shit out soon.

Postby Scott_Harrison » Fri May 12, 2006 9:44 pm

I love footage like that.
Life is a fight, everyone gets knocked down... What matters is how fast you get up.

Plan your work & Work your plan.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Thajan » Sat May 13, 2006 3:01 am

I already knew the vid but it still kicks ass. I think we all wonder what would have happened if Badlands carried on. It's a shame that the only thing we could do is gues.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...