Iron Maiden Vs. Judas Priest

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Iron Maiden Or Judas Priest

Iron Maiden
52%
Judas Priest
48%

Total votes : 25
All Access Member

Re: Iron Maiden Vs. Judas Priest

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:18 pm

Thanks guys this is a big help but like a lot of you say i appeal more to Priest
but ill say this
Maidens first 3 albums
and No Prayer for The Dying, Live After Death, Powerslave, and a brave new world are AMAZING
But i cant stop listening to screaming for vengeance painkiller jugulator or ram it down

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:00 pm

It's a tough call. Like you, I love all those albums.

One thing that I always thought was a big testament to Priest's longevity in metal is how they are able to mold with the times. I like the Tim Owens era as much as I do the Rob Halford era.

I finally cast my vote.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:29 am

Tim "Ripper" Owens is a hell of a vocalist! He's given Iced Earth a shot in the arm as well! Check out the Live in London CD/DVD when Ripper was fronting Priest. He does a great job with everything...it's scary actually.

Postby dasmeg » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:00 am

IRON MAIDEN.
IRON MAIDEN.
IRON MAIDEN.
Even after there so-called fall out years (the 90's) they are back. New sound has matured and can still stand the test of time.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:43 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Tim "Ripper" Owens is a hell of a vocalist! He's given Iced Earth a shot in the arm as well! Check out the Live in London CD/DVD when Ripper was fronting Priest. He does a great job with everything...it's scary actually.

No doubt! I saw Iced Earth with Evergrey two years ago and it was one of the most spectacular shows I have ever seen. Ripper was phenomenal. They did the whole Gettysburgh suite - just freaking amazing!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:05 am

Mr. Metal, check out Ripper's Iron Maiden cover from the latest Maiden tribut disc. I believe it's called An All Star Tribute to Iron Maiden. There's actually some really good musicians on that one, even Alex Skolnick! If I'm not mistaken Ripper covers Aces High, but I might be wrong. I've not been able to buy it yet, but I intend to.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:14 am

That is a pretty cool tribute. I bought it for the hell of it.

Ripper does "Flight of Icarus" and Jeff Scott Soto does "Aces High". Joe Lynn Turner also appears on the disc performing "2 Minutes to Midnight".

The main reason I picked up the disc was Robin McAuley and Michael Schenker teamed up again on two tracks I think. I have to read the liner notes to know for sure.

It is a cool disc if you get the chance to pick it up.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:22 am

oops, my bad. Robin McAuley only does the one track with Schenker.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby sonicbrew73 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:57 pm

I love both bands. They both have great musicians. Although, I like Bruce's vocals better than Rob's.

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:18 am

judas priest walk all over iron maiden...the sound the members, the history, the criminal charges!!!! they pratically invented leather! lol
plus ther great live

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:58 am

mrmetal wrote:That is a pretty cool tribute. I bought it for the hell of it.

Ripper does "Flight of Icarus" and Jeff Scott Soto does "Aces High". Joe Lynn Turner also appears on the disc performing "2 Minutes to Midnight".

The main reason I picked up the disc was Robin McAuley and Michael Schenker teamed up again on two tracks I think. I have to read the liner notes to know for sure.

It is a cool disc if you get the chance to pick it up.

Joe Lynn Turner doing Two Minutes To Midnight? How is it?

I have a soft spot for Priest. I was checking out Heavy Metal Parkiing Lot one day, and the screen flashed a scan of the ticket stub from that show. I RAN to my scrapbook...I WAS THERE! 5/31/86 Dokken opened for them.

I like both bands, but I favor Priest more.

All Access Member

Postby skrapmetal » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:47 pm

Iron Maiden

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:57 pm

Both Icon Master Metal bands JUDAS PRIEST & IRON MAIDEN are in the same Caliber league and are truely "loved and highly" admired by all it's very difficult picking one over the other. I quess it all depends on who your more familiar with & since I have more of a Judas Priest album collection then I do of Iron Maiden (only have couple of their masterpieces. I like Brave New World, alot!) I would have to pick Judas Priest! I've been a big fan of Judas Priest since the mid 80's (when their hit song "You Got Another Thing Coming" came out! Bad ass groove) although I saw Iron Maiden first in 1982, that's interesting. I'm glad to see it's a tie/as well as it should be for both Master legendary bands Iron Maiden & Judas Priest should definately Tour together & obviously should have their own Music Heavy Duty Judas Priest/Iron Maiden Music Festivals! And the Icon Mystical Dragon Master DIO should have his own Music Fest, as well! That would be awesome. 8O 8) Peace!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:18 pm

Can't chose. It's like picking your favorite child, It's just wrong.

All Access Member

Postby Snowy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:31 pm

Judas Priest

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...