Having children

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Having children

Postby Moose6 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:02 am

Okay, I don't know if I needed to read this thread or not. My wife and I are expecting our first child (a girl) on Monday, and we are scared $hitless, for all the reasons mentioned above. We too are like Gutterflower in that we like to spend our time the way we want to. Now our lives will be dictated by a screaming little girl. However, she will be going to sleep at night to Badlands, Dream Theater, Dokken, Tesla, Angra, Symphony X. What great lullaby music don't ya' think?

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:09 am

A can of worms ? -sigh- Why wasn't I borned a native english speaker ? ...
Whow 14 answers to my post (blush) what can I say to justice you guys.....
Well...The only good argument I heard about having babies in a world like this one is that the more children you put in the society, the more energy we're gonna have to solve out the problems and to teach others what to do in order to avoid troubles in the future. That is the perfect answer against the selfishness argument. That' why I think it is good to procreate, even on that twisted Earth.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:12 am

mrmetal wrote:I have boys and still have long hair....

Funny what you said just reminds me when I was walking down the street with long hair, the only folks really embarassing me where children. They went like 'Dad ! Is it a lady ? ' lol

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:15 am

Moose6 wrote:Okay, I don't know if I needed to read this thread or not. My wife and I are expecting our first child (a girl) on Monday, and we are scared $hitless, for all the reasons mentioned above. We too are like Gutterflower in that we like to spend our time the way we want to. Now our lives will be dictated by a screaming little girl. However, she will be going to sleep at night to Badlands, Dream Theater, Dokken, Tesla, Angra, Symphony X. What great lullaby music don't ya' think?

Congratulations on your little rocker chick! Have you picked a name yet? It's normal to be scared, but I bet you will be just fine. Maybe she'll be one of those quiet babies.

I had a friend who was pregnant with twins and she listened to a lot of G N'R...her kids would only go to sleep if you played Appetite for Destruction. Pretty funny.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:34 am

Fakeblue wrote:

Funny what you said just reminds me when I was walking down the street with long hair, the only folks really embarassing me where children. They went like 'Dad ! Is it a lady ? ' lol

That is the reason I wear the goatee.. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:48 am

Moose6 wrote:Okay, I don't know if I needed to read this thread or not. My wife and I are expecting our first child (a girl) on Monday, and we are scared $hitless, for all the reasons mentioned above. We too are like Gutterflower in that we like to spend our time the way we want to. Now our lives will be dictated by a screaming little girl. However, she will be going to sleep at night to Badlands, Dream Theater, Dokken, Tesla, Angra, Symphony X. What great lullaby music don't ya' think?

Congrats to your new VOLUNTEER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:55 am

mrmetal wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

Therefore, they ask if you're a bearded lady? hahaha. (sorry mrmetal, had to jump on that one!)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:04 am

Don't look at it as if she's going to dictate your lives ... look at it as that you've now decided to devote the next 18 years to raising her to the best to your ability! (and stick by the statement). Like I said earlier, it's not a selfish act to raise children, it's selfless.

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:44 am

mrmetal wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

lol

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:48 am

Doobie wrote:
mrmetal wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

Therefore, they ask if you're a bearded lady? hahaha. (sorry mrmetal, had to jump on that one!)

Nothing lady-like about me Doobie. :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby Fakeblue » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:49 am

not a Sebastian Bach guy....

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:51 am

mrmetal wrote:
Doobie wrote:
mrmetal wrote:
Fakeblue wrote:

Nothing lady-like about me Doobie. :wink:

how come your avatar makes think about Eric Peterson ? 8O :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:13 am

MetalHead wrote: how come your avatar makes think about Eric Peterson ? 8O :P

I have no idea. Everyone I know personally tells me I look like that Bo Bice guy on American Idol. Not sure if that is a compliment or not. :?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:47 am

mrmetal wrote:
MetalHead wrote: how come your avatar makes think about Eric Peterson ? 8O :P

I have no idea. Everyone I know personally tells me I look like that Bo Bice guy on American Idol. Not sure if that is a compliment or not. :?

Well, Eric is one helluva guitarplayer :twisted:
so it's a compliment in your case :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby pejale » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Your children are the only thing in life that you can't have an opinion on. You love 'em regardless.
You can choose what music you like, what GUITARIST you like, what football/soccer team you like. Almost everything in life, you have a choice, but when it comes to kids...once you have them,they become your reason and duty to live. I have two boys and they do my head in, big time,but would i be without them??????? :D

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...