Jake back to metal

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Jake back to metal

Postby Fakeblue » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:10 am

Do you think there's any chance Jake gets back to his old metal roots ?
Do you think he could come back one day with a band having a good old 80's name such as 'Hurricane strikes', playing the old Californian riffs ?

I always thought he was a better metal guitarist than a Badlands blues/rock player.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby Doobie » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:35 am

Wicked Alliance was metal and came after Badlands. So, I don't see where that question comes from.

Hurricane Strikes? No, I don't foresee that being anyone's band name. But, I'm not a psychic.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby Fakeblue » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:47 am

Doobie wrote:Wicked Alliance was metal and came after Badlands. So, I don't see where that question comes from.

Hurricane Strikes? No, I don't foresee that being anyone's band name. But, I'm not a psychic.


I never heard of Wicked Alliance. :roll:

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:04 am

Fakeblue wrote:Do you think there's any chance Jake gets back to his old metal roots ?


Maybe, but not the old glammy metal sound.
I think he would go for a more modern approach.

Fakeblue wrote:Do you think he could come back one day with a band having a good old 80's name such as 'Hurricane strikes', playing the old Californian riffs ?


No.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member
Posts: 716
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: springfield il

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby harddriver » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:59 am

I love Jake but i dont think the dude is ever going to do anything major again. He didnt really care about the whole rock star thing back when he was younger so he probably cares less about it now. And we must remember hes pushing 50 and hes only human. It just frustrates me and all his fans because we all know what the dude is capable of and he is such an enigma that knowbody knows anything about him other than stuff from the past. Hopefully he puts something out soon but i highly doubt it. If he doesnt want to then he doesnt have to i guess.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:44 pm

I'd like to see Jake do metal again, but I very highly doubt he ever will.

Rock N' Roll Rebel
User avatar
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: USA

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby kt88 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:08 pm

Jakes roots aren't metal - Jake was a guitarist who refined metal...

Jake is busy...hear Jake's roots!

Jakes Roots - click to listen and learn more

Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 884
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: England

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby skezza » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:47 pm

ummmmmm.... its a hard one. I loved Jake with ozzy and less with badlands. I was told that Jake is not quite the standard he used to be. I know myself he used to be fantastic, but i havnt heard him recently! Anyone confirm how hes doing and whether hes as good as he used to be. i guess age makes a big difference

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby Fretman » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:37 pm

skezza wrote:ummmmmm.... its a hard one. I loved Jake with ozzy and less with badlands. I was told that Jake is not quite the standard he used to be. I know myself he used to be fantastic, but i havnt heard him recently! Anyone confirm how hes doing and whether hes as good as he used to be. i guess age makes a big difference


Go listen to Retraced and decide for yourself.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby Deansolo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:01 pm

I agree with kt88...Jake's roots are not metal. Jake said in Retraced's liner notes that the songs are what influenced him as a teenager learning to play. None of those songs are metal. That alone confirms that his roots are not Metal. Like a lot of musicians, Metal is just one style that he played well. I think saying that Jake is a "Metal" guitarist is not accurate at all.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:08 am

Deansolo wrote:I agree with kt88...Jake's roots are not metal. Jake said in Retraced's liner notes that the songs are what influenced him as a teenager learning to play. None of those songs are metal. That alone confirms that his roots are not Metal. Like a lot of musicians, Metal is just one style that he played well. I think saying that Jake is a "Metal" guitarist is not accurate at all.

Maybe that's where I got wrong.
I thought his first band, 'Mickey Ratt', later renamed to Ratt was metal though. WHat a guitar player studies as a teenager is one thing, but the first band he chooses to play with may reveal a bit more who he is ...maybe..whow what a 2 cents lame shrink I would be ..lol

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby Doobie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:35 pm

I imagine the chance at fame has influenced many a guitar player regardless of their roots. One does not necessarily become known for the type of music they wish to but what is "scene" at the moment.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 592
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: france

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby Fakeblue » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:39 pm

Doobie wrote:I imagine the chance at fame has influenced many a guitar player regardless of their roots. One does not necessarily become known for the type of music they wish to but what is "scene" at the moment.
yeah you're probably right.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Jake back to metal

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:42 am

Doobie wrote:I imagine the chance at fame has influenced many a guitar player regardless of their roots. One does not necessarily become known for the type of music they wish to but what is "scene" at the moment.


That's like Vivian Campbell claiming to never "liking" metal. If he didn't like metal during his Dio days making those riffs, then I sure would've liked to hear what he would've came up with if he actually liked it! :lol:

Return to All things Jake E Lee...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest