TABS

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

TABS

Postby KAMIKAZE » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:19 am

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TAB FOR THE INTRO TO FOOL LIKE YOU? BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE AND CAN'T FIND IT.

Killer of Giants

Re: TABS

Postby hashima » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:10 pm

KAMIKAZE wrote:DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TAB FOR THE INTRO TO FOOL LIKE YOU? BEEN LOOKING EVERYWHERE AND CAN'T FIND IT.
these are simple flageolets... I think you know how to create them so I just give ya the positions:

3rd fret on g-string
5th fret on b-string
5th fret on upper e-string

somewhere during this intro he uses the 3rd fret on b-string... yepp, guess that's right...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:15 pm

3rd fret on any string is a bit tricky :?

but you could try placing your finger just ofer the fretwire
between the 3rd and 4th to hit it.

... and the 3rd fret also has THREE different harmonics :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:45 am

...yeah, but actually it should work if ya have an eye on it :-) ... flageolets on the 3rd string are abit strange however, I guess Jake uses'em in the intro of "Shot In The Dark" either... can't find other positions fitting... at least, you can also try to create this stuff with your right thumb above the pickups, but that ain't Jake's style... that's more Satriani-like...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:56 am

hashima wrote:...yeah, but actually it should work if ya have an eye on it :-) ... flageolets on the 3rd string are abit strange however, I guess Jake uses'em in the intro of "Shot In The Dark" either... can't find other positions fitting...

From what I've heard Jake picks the SITD harmonics at 12th, 7th,
5th and 4th but there could be a ton of harmonics, depending on
how you tune your guitar. Just check out Mathias IA Eklundh
from Freak Kitchen :)

hashima wrote:at least, you can also try to create this stuff with your right thumb above the pickups, but that ain't Jake's style... that's more Satriani-like...

In the TUS-era, Jake used to pick harmonics between the pickups aswell.
Not in actual songs(that I know of, might've forgotten) but rather in his
solospot :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:01 am

aha... thanx very much, good to know... but 12th, 7th, 5th, 4th??
The spaces between'em are pretty large... have ya seen this
somewhere on a gig?

sayoo nala

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:00 am

hashima wrote:aha... thanx very much, good to know... but 12th, 7th, 5th, 4th??
The spaces between'em are pretty large... have ya seen this
somewhere on a gig?

sayoo nala

not on a gig, but I've read them in tabs when I still read tabs ;)
and it makes sense tonally :)

the intro isn't so fast so you have plenty of time to move your hand
between the frets :D

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:43 am

Hey, that was an interesting read! On the subject of natural harmonics . . . has anyone ever found the crazy frequencies that
Randy was supposedly "just fiddling around with," which were looped and carried to the intro of S.A.T.O. ?

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:42 pm

thanx, MetalHead... I'll give it a try, however I've always created those harmonics round 3rd and 5th fret... actually it doesn't matter until the output's right :-))

S.A.T.O. ...hmm, never heard cuz I don't have the Randy records (yepp, I know... ...), gimme some time... :-)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:14 am

hashima wrote:thanx, MetalHead... I'll give it a try, however I've always created those harmonics round 3rd and 5th fret... actually it doesn't matter until the output's right :-))

no problem, glad to help :D

hashima wrote:S.A.T.O. ...hmm, never heard cuz I don't have the Randy records (yepp, I know... ...), gimme some time... :-)

you could ... do the forbidden thing :P

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:15 am

Actually... how do you feel bout tabs in general? where have those times gone when ... I mean when you had to face this kinda music with nothin but your own ears, experiences and, of course, your guitar... everything worked without tabs, pitchtuners or slowing down the speed... this was real work... :))

sayoo nala

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:10 pm

There were no tabs years ago when I was learning. My fingerstyle guitar teacher taught us to use the sheet music, the recorded LP and our ears...then correct the sheet music. Because sheet music back then had no tab and was mostly transcribed for piano.

Now I find songs way easier to learn just using the CD, rather than use tablature....,besides, alot of the tab on the internet is just plain incorrect.

Just my thoughts. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:59 pm

Deansolo wrote:There were no tabs years ago when I was learning. My fingerstyle guitar teacher taught us to use the sheet music, the recorded LP and our ears...then correct the sheet music. Because sheet music back then had no tab and was mostly transcribed for piano.

Now I find songs way easier to learn just using the CD, rather than use tablature....,besides, alot of the tab on the internet is just plain incorrect.

I never used TAB or sheet music, since I have played guitar, which I believe has made me a better player. I used to sit there and work it all out listening to it, slowing it down to get everything, now I can work out song from start to finish in no time, solo's can take a little time, but I find it alot quicker. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:10 pm

Rock wrote:
Deansolo wrote:There were no tabs years ago when I was learning. My fingerstyle guitar teacher taught us to use the sheet music, the recorded LP and our ears...then correct the sheet music. Because sheet music back then had no tab and was mostly transcribed for piano.

I never used TAB or sheet music, since I have played guitar, which I believe has made me a better player. I used to sit there and work it all out listening to it, slowing it down to get everything, now I can work out song from start to finish in no time, solo's can take a little time, but I find it alot quicker. :)

You ARE a rockstar, my friend! :D :lol: :P
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:38 am

...I meant, it's hard work trainin your ears and findin the correct positions... once you got this experience it makes your job a lot easier... I never used tabs either but look at the present-day kids... most of'em don't even try usin their imagination... they're just stickin to the tabs... ain't that pretty sad... ?

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...