Why do we care?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Why do we care?

Postby Highwire » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:05 pm

I don't know if this has been posted before, but why do any of us care what's up w/Jake, given his lack of interest in the spotlight?

For me, it's because he came into an impossible situation (Randy's death) and kept the spirit of the original Blizzard of Ozz band alive (the US Fest) while making his own mark (BATM & TUS) with Ozzy. Then he went even further and developed Badlands, and then told the record industry to get bent (so to speak) over the last several years. ANYONE with those balls deserves our respect 8O
"I could swear I heard the darkness call my name..."
Devil's Stomp

Killer of Giants

Re: Why do we care?

Postby Fakeblue » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:44 am

Highwire wrote:I don't know if this has been posted before, but why do any of us care what's up w/Jake, given his lack of interest in the spotlight?

For me, it's because he came into an impossible situation (Randy's death) and kept the spirit of the original Blizzard of Ozz band alive (the US Fest) while making his own mark (BATM & TUS) with Ozzy. Then he went even further and developed Badlands, and then told the record industry to get bent (so to speak) over the last several years. ANYONE with those balls deserves our respect 8O

Do you really think he kept 'Blizzard of ozz' spirit ?
To me Jake brought great music to Ozzy's band bt it was very different from Roadhs work.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Highwire » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:10 am

I just meant that he did what needed to be done without being a carbon copy of RR, and was able make it exciting for everyone, including the guys in the band.
"I could swear I heard the darkness call my name..."
Devil's Stomp

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:59 pm

This site, these forums, have been great in that it's been fun to correspond with the others here. Always some interesting things to read, and intelligent posts back and forth. To me, Jake is almost secondary, only b/c of his inactivity. When he came out with Retraced, sure, everyone had their antennas up and going. But for the most part, it's a pretty cool community that's going on here. And I enjoy posting here. So, maybe that answers something....

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:02 pm

I am with u Jiver, if anything, it's a pretty cool bunch of ppl that post here, with very similar tastes of music, and I feel I have made some good friends here, that I otherwise would have never known. I can thank Jake for that, as well as his music. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:48 pm

Jiver wrote:This site, these forums, have been great in that it's been fun to correspond with the others here. Always some interesting things to read, and intelligent posts back and forth. To me, Jake is almost secondary, only b/c of his inactivity. When he came out with Retraced, sure, everyone had their antennas up and going. But for the most part, it's a pretty cool community that's going on here. And I enjoy posting here. So, maybe that answers something....

in addition to Jiver's statement I might add that it's because we have great respect for Jake that we're here. And, we miss him :cry:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:15 am

Our interest in Jake is what brought us here to begin with, so we all share that. It's interesting to get different takes on music and just life in general from people all over the world. Sometimes the opinions and threads can get a little too heated, but we all deal with it and go on. :-)

Also, there's always that little glimmer of hope that Jake will toss some new music our way! ;-)

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:28 am

Music is the bond that we all share. I've made friends with some of you, and from reading this board it just shows how much alike we are at the core, differences in opinion and background aside.

Jake is an enigma, but yeah...there's always the hope that he throws us another musical bone and releases something. I have hope :wink:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:31 am

i have a feeling that he will, with all those new endorsing etc etc :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Return to All things Jake E Lee...