Killer of Giants solo

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Killer of Giants solo

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:27 am

I can't figure out how Jake is playing the tapping part :( pls I need some help with these slide notes ? I'll be gratefull if somebody explain what exactly he taps and which chords/octaves he is holding on his right hand ?

Killer of Giants

Re: Killer of Giants solo

Postby hashima » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:12 am

tapping part in "Killer Of Giants"? ...never heard and done cuz there is no tapping part in it... try this: download "Audacity" (don't worry, that's for free), slow down the desired part (bout 20% should do it) and get all notes ... guess easier n faster than anything else... good luck

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:30 am

Hashima, you are wrong, there is a tapping part, watch the ultmate ozzy video, he does it in there.

Killer of Giants

Postby hashima » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:49 am

höööööööööööööö??? new to me, have 2 check this out ... thanks alot BadSeed!

Sayô nalaaaaaa

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:41 am

hashima wrote:... try this: download "Audacity" (don't worry, that's for free), slow down the desired part (bout 20% should do it) and get all notes ... guess easier n faster than anything else... good luck

I'll try your software thanks

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:02 am

Actually the so called "tapping" I thing you are referring to is where Jake is actually fretting chords and sliding them with his right hand. This is done while he also chording with the left hand.

Jimi

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:38 am

well he still taps with the right hand ... kinda' :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby renegade731 » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:49 pm

I know this video. Great performance by Jake. His version of Mr. Crowley still just blows me away. Anyway, the "tapping" part in the solo for "Killer of Giants" has been one I've had a great interest in learning myself. Obviously, none of the tabs that I have ever seen have shown it played this way. I'd rather go with Jake's version... lol. I did learn at least part of it. If I remember correctly, he is basically hammering onto octaves (ex. 2nd fret-6thString and then 4th fret-4th string) with his left hand and sliding up about 2 frets. Then with his right hand, he is tapping and holding first with his index finger and then tapping and holding with his ring finger. He then slides his right hand down the neck. I can't remember which frets it is he's tapping onto with his right hand, but I do remember it was also octaves like with his left hand. That's about the best that I can remember. Don't take it as 100% accurate. It's been a long time... lol. Hope this helps. If anyone else has seen him play it like this, I would also love to get some feedback. After reading this thread, I may have to go back and see if I can figure it out again.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Demon_A_Go-Go » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:50 am

I did learn at least part of it. If I remember correctly, he is basically hammering onto octaves (ex. 2nd fret-6thString and then 4th fret-4th string) with his left hand and sliding up about 2 frets. Then with his right hand, he is tapping and holding first with his index finger and then tapping and holding with his ring finger. He then slides his right hand down the neck. I can't remember which frets it is he's tapping onto with his right hand, but I do remember it was also octaves like with his left hand
are you sure he is hammering octaves with his right hand too ? I think it is 1st and 5th tone (power chord)

Return to All things Jake E Lee...